"This is a recording of the day we must never forget."
-1.76 MHz's Entry
1.76 MHz is an abnormality that doesn't have a visible shape or form besides an odd static in the containment room. It's actually a radio wave which can be picked up in the zone of the containment.
Ability[edit | edit source]
- Decrease by 1 when an employee panics in its containment or by random chance when getting a Normal or Bad result.
- Increase by 1 when a Good result is achieved.
- Increase by 2 when gathering all the PE Boxes.
When the Qliphoth Counter reaches 0, the ability triggers. It consists of distorting the view of hallways and small rooms across the facility, similar to its own distortion. It starts in a nearby hallway and spreads to a nearby hallway or small room counterclockwise from the center of the department. It takes intervals to spread and - once one department is complete - will spread to the next one (and so on). The affected zones will deal a minor 4 White Damage every 3 seconds to any employee located in them.
Once 1.76 MHz begins distorting rooms, the only way to make it stop is by making its Qliphoth Counter reach its maximum amount again. Once the counter is at 4, all the other affected zones will disappear immediately.
Origin[edit | edit source]
1.76 MHz was first described as phenomenon occurring in a certain location where the employees began to suffer symptoms of specific hallucinations and hostility. Later, a radio frequency was discovered at 1.76 MHz , which at changing intervals , played different sounds: pleas of help, explosions, screams and finally - silence. At the end of the broadcast, smoke came out of the radio itself, even though it wasn't damaged at all. Several minutes after the broadcast, the employees in containment became aggressive and tried to attack others.
After the events, the affected employees declined counseling and couldn't be forced to since - oddly - nobody got hurt. In the containment room, noise and hallucinations became more frequent.
It is speculated that the Abnormality attempts to make people remember a specific day in its area of effect; likely one day of a battle or war.
Is unknown when the experiment or events took place.
Details[edit | edit source]
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
1.76MHz's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-5 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 6-9 will cause it to feel Normal, and 10-12 will make it's mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds and its Qliphoth Counter is 4.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level ( TETH), portrait, Damage Type ( White 2 - 4), the amount of E-Boxes (18), their emotional state and Qliphoth Counter.
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "The higher the Agent’s Fortitude was, the lower their Success Rate when working with 1.76 MHz. It may be due to the fact that violent tendencies flare rapidly due to 1.76 MHz’s influence."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When the work result was Normal, the Qliphoth Counter lowered with a normal probability."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "When the work result was Bad, the Qliphoth Counter lowered with a high probability."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "When employee <name> panicked during work, the Qliphoth Counter lowered."
- "Managerial Tips 5"
- "When the work result was Good, the Qliphoth Counter increased. When all E-Boxes were produced as PE-Boxes, the Counter increased by 2."
- "Managerial Tips 6"
- "The surveillance camera detected various noises emitting around the facility. Based on the fact that this occurred after 1.76 MHz’s Qliphoth Counter reached 0, it can be assumed that the noise originated from 1.76 MHz’s Containment Unit."
- "Managerial Tips 7"
- "The number of sections affected by the noise steadily increased until the Qliphoth Counter of 1.76 MHz was completely recovered."
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not: "Non Escaped Abnormality", plus its Qliphoth Counter (4). Even when the Abnormality itself doesn't have a fixed form or actual way to consider itself 'tangible', it can spread outside of its containment room.
|Work||Level 1 Chance||Level 2 Chance||Level 3 Chance||Level 4 Chance||Level 5 Chance|
||"Low"||"Very Low"||"Very Low"||"Very Low"||"Very Low"|
Observation Level[edit | edit source]
Unlocks the E.G.O. Gift 'Noise'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Suit 'Noise'.
E.G.O. Equipment[edit | edit source]
Story[edit | edit source]
"This Abnormality is a phenomenon with no visible form. It was discovered when employees began to exhibit shared symptoms when entering a specific area of the facility. They all suffered hallucinations of a specific nature, and their mental corruption increased."
"After setting a radio’s frequency to 1.76 MHz, we waited. Following 12 minutes, a mysterious voice was heard through static. It was difficult to make out what it was saying, but it appeared to be in distress and was asking for help."
"17 minutes in, the voice stopped and 3 loud explosions were heard, which were then followed by 2 smaller explosions. It can be assumed that the situation the voice was in was chaotic, as based on the various levels of screaming that could be heard.
23 minutes in, all was silent.
Once 25 minutes passed, the radio began to emit smoke. We thought the machine had fried, but no fault could be found.
Continuing past 30 minutes, everyone in the area was suddenly filled with rage and started to exhibit the desire to assault one another with extreme aggression."
"Following the incident, all employees who took part refused to seek counseling (we couldn’t make it mandatory as no one was injured). It is still unknown what caused the collective rage."
"Afterwards, unknown noises and hallucinations started to occur near the Containment Unit. This is a recording of the day we must never forget. It brings us to a chaotic place—forgotten by many—that must never be forgotten."
Flavour Text[edit | edit source]
- "<name> feels the ominous pressure of the Containment Unit."
- "<name> can sense the twinge of sadness and rage that looms over the entire Containment Unit."
- "<name> can smell a fishy stench coming from somewhere."
- "<name> mistakenly thought there were sounds of people wailing from afar."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- 1.76 MHz is the only Abnormality to not have a fixed form (Dimensional Refraction Variant, despite being non-visible through its information entries, it still has a circular form in-game).
- 1.76 MHz appeared uncompleted in a Legacy May update, before the developers fixed and removed it. It didn't have a portrait, and the only way to tell it was 1.76 MHz was because of its subject number. It had a preferences chart but the day wouldn't start when it appeared.
- 1.76 MHz is the only Abnormality that can be worked with while it is breaching.
- The Abnormality was originally planned in the official website for a while, including a specific gif, which consist of different concepts and Abnormalities' portraits; and also a log:
"Approximately half of the dispatched employees experienced mental disorders, collective anger and showed aggressive behavior toward anyone in close proximity after the encounter with the Abnormality."
Original Image: (EPILEPSY WARNING)