"Bearing the hope to return to dust, it shall go back to the grave with all that desires to live."
- Alriune's Entry
Alriune (T-04-53) is an Abnormality that is tall, pink, and looks similar to a horse. She has 6 pointed legs, an armless human-like upper body covered in bright teal leaves, and a head with empty, flower-filled eye sockets and pink flowers coming out of her mouth. She is also wearing a pink oversized wide brim hat with a teal leaf at 1 side and pink flowers dangling across the brim. Pink petals are falling around her.
Ability[edit | edit source]
Her ability will trigger when her Qliphoth Counter reaches 0. Her counter has a high chance of decreasing when getting a Good or Bad Work result. Alriune will escape when her counter reaches 0, having 1000 HP and teleporting by using a pink flower-like curtain while she breaches. She prefers to confine herself to hallways and stay out of the main departments while breaching.
When an employee is in the same room as her, petals will start to show up above her after some time, with a maximum of 3 petals. When the 3 petals are visible, Alriune will deal high (50~70) White Damage to any employees in the same room and soon after, teleport to another location. If the employee runs out of SP, as a result of this effect, instead of going into a panic state, they will be covered by a pink curtain like Alriune and when the curtain disappears, they will be covered in petals and leaves and be considered dead. She will repeat this until subdued or the day ends. She'll teleport to another hallway after a long period of time has passed without any other employees or targets in the same room.
Origin[edit | edit source]
Alriune is a doll who yearned to be human. While loved by many people for her soulful eyes, time passed and she was abandoned in a dark forest where the crows stole them from her. As more time went by, being abandoned caused her mind, heart, and life to start to fade away. She started to turn to dust.
Alriune seems to repeat a cycle of life, similar to 'dust you are and to dust you shall return'. This concept seem to be mentioned in her encyclopedia entries, and in the case that she has to 'return to dust', she will bring everyone else to her own fate.
Where Alriune was found and how she arrived in the facility is still unknown.
Details[edit | edit source]
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Alriune's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-7 E Boxes will cause her to feel Distressed, completing 8-15 will cause her to feel Normal, and 16-22 will make her to be Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds. Its Qliphoth counter is 1.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level ( WAW), portrait, Damage Type ( White 4 - 6), the amount of E-Boxes (22) and their emotional state and its Qliphoth counter (1).
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "When the work result was Good, the Qliphoth Counter lowered with a high probability."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When the work result was Bad, the Qliphoth Counter lowered with a high probability."
Observation Level[edit | edit source]
Unlocks the E.G.O. Gift 'Faint Aroma'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Suit 'Faint Aroma'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon 'Faint Aroma'.
E.G.O. Equipment[edit | edit source]
Story[edit | edit source]
"An Abnormality that knows of spring’s genesis and autumn’s passing."
"Its surface is smooth as if it were ceramic. In the place where the Abnormality’s eyes should be, it is empty. The cracks and openings are instead filled with growing plants."
"Alriune, a lovely one; a doll yearned to be human. It was adored by people, its pupils soulful."
"Alriune, abandoned in a dark forest; its eyes stolen by crows lusting for glitter. Its mind, life, and heart slowly withered away."
"Alriune, lacking eyes but all-seeing; a human yearned to be a doll. Bearing the hope to return to dust, it shall go back to the grave with all that desires to live."
Flavour Text[edit | edit source]
- "The one who was born naked, shall return to the earth naked."
- "Alriune remembers the scorches inside."
- "Perchance we tried to make a human without a heart."
- "Unwithering flowers violently blossom."
- "<name> wants to hibernate cozily in a bed of flowers."
- "<name> is deeply impressed by the lavender that suffuses the Containment Unit."
- "Once bloomed and withered, Alriune realized the meaning of resurrection; wherever it may head, its traces will remain, and all lives will gather with Alriune."
- "A refreshing scent gushes out of <name> instead of metallic blood as they fall asleep, covered in flowers."
- "A flower blooms in everyone’s heart."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Alriune made a cameo in the teaser trailer as one of the shadows in the crashed elevator scene.
- When you zoom in on Alriune, you can hear a bell-like sound.
- While It's not mentioned in its E.G.O Gift's description, it also increases Success Rate by 2.
- Alriune is most likely related and/or based off of Alraune (German for Mandrake) which is the title of the German myth. It can be read about it here: Alraune.
- A very simple summary can be taken from the Wikipedia page in which: "Witches who 'made love' to the Mandrake root were said to produce offspring that had no feelings of real love and had no soul."
- This could be tied to one of the flavor quotes, "Perchance we tried to make a human without a heart."