"The color of the human heart is pink, and by wearing the same color, we can blend in with people’s minds."
-Army In Black's Entry
Army in Black (D-01-106), also known as Army In Pink, is an Abnormality that takes the form of a big cartoon pink heart floating above the floor of its containment room. A single black and white soldier-looking figure is inside the heart.
Ability[edit | edit source]
- When Repression Work is performed on it, its Qliphoth Counter decreases by 1.
- When ordering its Special Work, Protection; its Qliphoth Counter decreases by 1.
- When getting a Bad Result on it, its Qliphoth Counter decreases by 1.
- When 5 or more employees (including clerks) die in the facility (not counting employees killed via Execution Bullets), its Qliphoth Counter decreases by 1.
- When an Abnormality is Suppressed in the facility, its Qliphoth Counter increases by 1
When using the Army in Blacks Special Work " Protection", the Army in Black will explode into pink hearts and teleport next to the selected employee and follow them, teleporting if necessary. The protected employee will have an increase in defense (20%) while employees near the protected employee will recover 12 points of both HP and SP. However, if the protected employee is below Level 3 they will panic while protected. The effect wears off either after roughly 2 minutes or when the protected employee enters a containment room.
Once its Qliphoth Counter reaches 0, Army in Black will breach. When it escapes, there will be four Black hearts (troopers) in random departments that will have Risk Level ALEPH and 450 HP each. They will head to the main room of the department they are in, while dealing 12~15 Black Damage to entities in the same room as them. If an Agent panics from their attacks, their Panic Type will always be Murder. If they reach the main room, they'll self destruct by exploding into a black mushroom cloud with a heart shape on the top and deal 30~40 White Damage to all employees in the department, and will decrease the Abnormalities' Qliphoth Counter by 1.
Origin[edit | edit source]
Its origin is currently unknown.
Details[edit | edit source]
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
The Abnormality's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-12 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 13-22 will cause it to feel Normal, and 23-30 will make it's mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds. Its Qliphoth Counter is 3.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level ( ZAYIN), portrait, Damage Type ( White 7 - 9), the amount of E-Boxes (30) and their emotional states and Qliphoth Counter.
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "Army in Black can be ordered to protect an employee. However, it should be noted that the Qliphoth Counter lowered when the order was given."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "Army in Black increases the defense of the employee it protects while healing everyone in the same area. However, if the level of the employee being protected is lower than 3, they will go out of control while under protection. "
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "When Repression work was performed, the Qliphoth Counter lowered."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "The Qliphoth Counter lowered every time 5 employees died. However, deaths caused by Execution Bullets were not recognized."
- "Managerial Tips 5"
- "When the work result was Bad, the Qliphoth Counter decreased."
- "Managerial Tips 6"
- "When an Abnormality was suppressed, the Qliphoth Counter raised."
- "Managerial Tips 7"
- "When an employee Level 3 or lower encounters Army in Black while it is escaping, they will go out of control and attack other employees. The same instance occurred when an employee’s SP hit 0 due to Army in Black’s attack."
Observation Level[edit | edit source]
Unlocks E.G.O. Weapon, Suit and Gift 'Pink'.
E.G.O. Equipment[edit | edit source]
Story[edit | edit source]
"This Abnormality was created with the ideas provided by 'Tumblbug Backer 문정호 (Moon Jeong-ho)' "
"This Abnormality takes the form of humanoid creatures in pink equipment. Its intellectual capacity is high enough that it can verbally converse with human beings. At the very least, it seems friendly during observation and work. It has identified itself as a special force from (Redacted) and uses the pronoun “we” when referring to itself. It has continuously shown positive intentions to help humanity."
<Audio Record from First Contact with the Abnormality>
Serena: Well, I feel threatened because you’re armed. That bright pink outfit’s disturbing as well. It doesn’t belong in a place like this.
- What’s your opinion on the nature of humans, Miss Serena?
Serena: …I think it depends on a person’s experience. Why do you ask?
- It is a highly debatable topic, but this is what we think we should do. If a person is good from the start, we protect their good heart. If a person is bad from the start, we will make a good heart out of them and protect that heart.
Serena: How are you going to do that?
- We can see the color of humanity’s hearts. The color of the human heart is pink, and by wearing the same color, we can blend in with people’s minds. We will gladly get dirty for the sake of the goodhearted.
Serena: Wait, you’ll get dirty instead of the people? Is that actually a thing that’s possible?
- Indeed it is.
Serena: I’m sorry, but I just can’t trust you or what you say. It’s rather suspicious that you can just “see” the color of someone’s heart.
- If anything happens, just call us, ma’am.
(End of recording)"
"Following what was stated in the recording, the Abnormality’s will to help others is solid. We have yet to grasp detailed information around this Abnormality. Perhaps actually asking it for help could aid in learning more. However, just like any other Abnormality, we shouldn’t blindly trust it. I plan to have a suppression team ready while I pretend to ask it for help."
"So a lot’s happened up to now. To summarize the whole thing, this Abnormality is the best thing we’ve ever had here. A few months ago, I took a chance asking this Abnormality for help, and ever since I’ve been using it. I’ve gotten help from it about (Redacted) times by now. My efficiency at work has gotten so much better too. At this point, just looking at something pink makes me feel better. Those creatures bolster in a way even the greatest leaders can’t match. This Abnormality will greatly improve our employees’ quality of life."
<Excerpt from an Audio Record>
"Serena: You can do it again today, right?
- Yes, the human heart is pink, and we wear the same color. We will drive away bad thoughts.
Serena: You hear that? Yes, it’s still in the best condition. We can put this Abnormality to good use again in our next suppression. They’re so much better than human soldiers. Perhaps we should positively consider putting them as our special suppression team. On a side note, they seem to have gotten a bit darker in color, but I don’t think it’s anything to lose sleep over.
- The human heart… it’s… we must… clean…
- Even… the smallest speck… of evil… must… be cleaned…
Serena: It seems a bit less… energetic than usual. Though it’ll be fine, I think.
(End of recording)"
<Urgent Report of the Incident related to Army in Pink>
"We’ve filed this urgent report due to the drastic change in Army in Pink. We’re still trying to grasp exactly what happened. A total of (Redacted) employees have passed away. The following audio is a recording of the assumed first casualty, employee Serena.
Serena: An Abnormality has broken out again in the (Redacted) section. I’d like to ask if you could help us out again.
- Yes… we, the Army in Black… blend into the human heart… and drive away good thoughts…
Serena: ...Hold on. What? That’s not your line.
- The human heart… is black… we must… regularly… clean…
Serena: What are you talking about? You’re creeping me out, man.
- We’ll protect you with our black love.
Serena: Stop, I’ll call the suppression team... If you move even an inch I swear…
- We salute you, ma’am…
(The recording abruptly ends after the sound of a huge explosion)"
Flavour Text[edit | edit source]
- "Army in Black tells <name> all about love."
- "Army in Black’s goal is to make sure goodhearted people are safe."
- "<name> feels hope from seeing Army in Black’s friendly color."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This Abnormality is based on the idea of Tumblbug backer '문정호(Moon Jeong-ho)'
- Before getting Observation Level 3, this Abnormality is called Army In Pink.
- This is the first Abnormality to have two risk levels ( ZAYIN, ALEPH) assigned to one Abnormality, but due to its displayed features and details, it is usually classified as ALEPH.
- This is technically the first ' ZAYIN' Abnormality that can breach containment.
- This is also presently the only ' ZAYIN' Abnormality that can have Qliphoth Overloads, which are normally only present on WAW and ALEPH Abnormalities.
- Despite what the Entry claims, the human heart is not pink.
- This is the only abnormality that can Heal employees during the Netzach's Sephirah Meltdown.