"Have you fallen to the lowest bottom?"Backward Clock (D-09-104) is a WAW Abnormality resembling a clockwork machination, similar to an open container with 4 Nixie tubes attached to it, display multiple gears at the front and a wind-up key to the right side. All the lights start turned off at the beginning of the day.
-Backward Clock's Entry
Backward Clock's ability consists of a single use work depending on if it's fully charged or not. Employees can be assigned to charge the Backward Clock, but employees that are bellow level 3 have no effect when working on it. The Backward Clock will go from left to right, turning on a light each time an employee above level 2 winds up the machine, as a newly lit light will receive a number. If all 4 lights are lit (fully charged), a current system time (24 hour time) is visible on the clock, as another charge will activate the Backward Clock's Ability. The ability consists of two outcomes depending on what level the employee is that activated it.
Case 1: If the employee is Level 5 and uses the Backward Clock when fully charged there are a few positive effect that will happen:
- All escaped Abnormalities or Ordeals in the facility will be re-contained or killed.
- All types of Qliphoth Meltdowns will be removed from every abnormality in the facility, including ones from An Arbiter.
- All of the Qliphoth Overloads will be removed from all WAW and ALEPH abnormalities. It will not remove the -50% Qliphoth Overloads on Abnormalities in departments that have all of their employees killed, since it doesn't bring employees back to life.
This effect is given with the cost of losing the employee and the backward clock, leaving nothing in the containment room.
Case 2: If the employee is below Level 5 and uses the Backward Clock when fully charged, all employees in the facility, except the one that charged it, have a normal chance of either dying or panicking. The machine will reset its lights back to 0 and can be charged up again. Attempting to activate the machine again with the left over employee will cause the employee to die or panic, making the situation close to impossible to come back from without a lucky event happening.
Entities killed by the backward clock will not progress the missions assigned by Gebura, Hod's "I Want To Be A Good Person", and Malkuth's "At Dusk". Ordeals killed by the backward clock will not reward the player with energy.
The effects (instant suppression) of Backward Clock does not apply to these Abnormalities or Ordeals:
- Apocalypse Bird
- The Red Mist
- An Arbiter
- Midnight Ordeals
- Red Shoes
- Black Swan
- Army in Black
Abnormalities that possess an ability that grants temporary immunity, like Amber Dusk's burrowing, will not be effected. These abnormalities however are not granted complete shielding from the Backward Clock, unlike Dream of a Black Swan and Army in Black, since outside of the ability they are vulnerable to be killed.
Basic Information Edit
Backward Clock's basic information takes 2 uses to unlock, the information gained is:
- Name of the Abnormality
- Subject classification
- Risk Level ( WAW)
- Type of Abnormality (Single use type)
The exact details are unknown, but it is said to be made from an unknown company.
Log and Method Edit
|1 Use|| |
"This Abnormality is made based on the idea of the Tumblbug backer '정현교(Jung Hyunkyo)'
An old clock manufactured by an unknown company. It vacuum tubes that give off vintage vibe. The manufacturer stopped making these long ago."
"A light turns off and energy is charged for every work done on Backward Clock."
|3 Uses|| |
"“…Is your future dark? Have you fallen to the lowest bottom? Have you ever thought, ‘What if I had done or not done that”
We, as humanity, have conquered diseases and nature. Now, we have come far enough to harnessing time itself."
"Nothing happened when an employee whose level is lower than 3 worked on it."
|5 Uses|| |
"Yes, we can rewind your wasted time.
Just wind the spring, close your eyes, and count to ten.
When you open your eyes, you will be standing in the exact moment that you wished to be in.""
"After every light has turned on, Backward Clock can be activated. However, Backward Clock could only be operated once a day, so use caution when using it."
|7 Uses|| |
"* Read the manual thoroughly. We do not know what will happen if this machinery is handled poorly. We are not responsible for any accidents caused by the user’s carelessness.
This clock requires high amount of energy to operate. Please understand that it will take considerable time to charge."
"<Caution>Employees under level 5 is strictly forbidden from contacting Backward Clock after it is fully charged."
|10 Uses|| |
"Employee with level 5 or more can operate Backward Clock normally. Backward Clock will send everyone except the employee who activated it to the most peaceful time of that day."
- This Abnormality is based on the idea of the Tumblbug sponsor '정현교(Jung Hyunkyo)'
- This is the first Abnormality that requires a specific overall Level to be used and the first tool to re-contain all escaped Abnormalities.
- This is the 2nd abnormality to use four lights in order to show progression to an Ability, first being the Express Train to Hell.
- This is the second tool that is not affected by the Qliphoth Meltdowns, first being We Can Change Anything
- Even though it is implied in the Logs and Methods that it is a time machine, it doesn't bring employees or clerks back to life, only suppresses and calms creatures.