"However, the curse continues eternally, never broken."
- Beauty and the Beast
Beauty and the Beast (F-02-44) is a quadruped Abnormality covered in brown fur. It has two downward-curled horns with round, magenta flowers sprouting from them; An uncountable amount of green eyes, two black hind legs similar to a cricket, and two forelegs with four-toed, red-tipped feet. It also has a black underbelly, stumped tail, two red curved lines on its side (possibly a scar or set of gills) and a set of mandibles. Its right foreleg is partially black with flecks of color. The creature itself is not the abnormality, and is actually the curse that causes the beast to be formed.
Ability[edit | edit source]
Its special ability activates when Repression is used on it in twice in a row. When Repression is done the first time, Beauty and the Beast's health will worsen and it will produce a good amount of E-Boxes. If Repression is done a second time without another work being done in between, the original abnormality will die, and the Agent who did the work will turn into the new Beauty and the Beast, considered 'Dead' at the end of the transformation.
Origin[edit | edit source]
Beauty and the Beast's story starts with the creature being a count who is reserved to only live in its castle and never leave. Still, it could hire people to work in the castle. Beauty, a poor woman with green eyes, was hired to work in the castle for high wage. She did this because of the rumor that anyone who enters the castle is never heard from again, thus nobody else would accept. As days passed, despite the creature being gentle and giving her money at the end of each night, Beauty wanted the entire fortune and the castle for herself. She decided to enter the count's room one day, and stabbed the creature with a knife. But this action caused Beauty to become the monster, with the fortune and castle for herself. It's possible that other people, also driven by their own greed, met the same fate before or after the incident in the story.
Where Beauty and the Beast was found and how it arrived in Lobotomy Corporation is still unknown, but if the story isn't fictional, it can be assumed that the creature never left the castle. It is likely that it would have been found in the same castle where the story took place.
Details[edit | edit source]
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Beauty and the Beast's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-4 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 5-8 will cause it to feel Normal, and 9-12 will make it be Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "Committing Repression work with Beauty and the Beast showed the best energy results. The work produced a good number of PE-Boxes, but negatively affected the health of Beauty and the Beast."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "Any work other than Repression was found to improve the health of Beauty and the Beast."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "After repeated Repression work, Beauty and the Beast collapsed with a weak moan onto the floor. Once it had passed, <name>, who had carried out the work process, began to suffer unidentifiable symptoms. Soon, Beauty and the Beast was born anew."
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not. "Non Escaped Object"
Observation Level[edit | edit source]
Unlocks the E.G.O. Suit and Gift 'Horn'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon 'Horn'.
E.G.O. Equipment[edit | edit source]
Story[edit | edit source]
- "A self-loathing Abnormality that spends every day letting out miserable screams. It wishes to break the cycle of the curse, but there is no way to do so. Beauty was once a fair lady with charming green eyes. One day, this poor lady learns of a job opening at the manor of the count, with the promise of hefty payment."
- "The count had a monstrous appearance. Rumor says anyone who dares to enter his manor is never seen again."
- " 'It must be that hideous monster preying on people.' With that thought in her mind, she brought a very sharp knife with her."
- "The lady was hired and worked at the manor. Contrary to the rumor, the monster was nowhere to be seen. Sometimes at night, she could hear a voice. It was very kind and compensated her for her troubles handsomely."
- "Working in the manor, the lady bore a greedy thought. 'If the count was gone, I could take all his possessions for myself!' '"
- "One day, she went inside the count's room. The room that she was instructed to never enter during the day. There she saw the count's true form. He was truly horrendous. Hundreds of eyes, four legs, he was neither human nor animal."
- "The lady thought: 'Perhaps such a hideous monster would be better off if it didn't exist.' She proceeded to stab the beast with her knife."
- "Surprisingly, the beast laughed in its last moments."
- "Before the lady could even ask why it was laughing, she began to change. Hundreds of eyes formed and a thick coat of fur grew on her. Soon, she turned into the beast."
- "Now, the manor and all its riches belonged to her."
- "...Rumor says anyone who dares to enter the count's manor is never seen again."
Flavour Text[edit | edit source]
- "Beauty and the Beast forever searches for someone to lift the curse."
- "Beauty and the Beast is so appalled by its grotesque appearance, it repeatedly tries to kill itself."
- "However, the curse continues eternally, never broken."
- "Death is another form of joy brought by birth."
When activating its ability[edit | edit source]
- "<name> has begun to have hundreds of eyes burst from their mouth, while a pair of horns expel from their eye sockets, adorning themselves with flowers. Now the Beast, <name> forever searches for someone to lift the curse."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Beauty and the Beast's name is an obvious reference to the French fairy tale written by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve.
- Beauty and the Beast's eyes color probably were inherited by Beauty, who also had green eyes, mentioned in the encyclopedia entries.
- The rumor claimed that all who entered the castle died, meaning it may be possible that something in Beauty and the Beast compels people enter to kill it, but the most probable reason is overwhelming greed to inherit the fortune, like in Beauty's story.