"Still, it didn’t matter to him. After all, he was “destined” to be a big bad wolf."
- Big and Will be Bad Wolf's Entry
Big and Will be Bad Wolf (F-02-58) (aka Big and Might be Bad Wolf before reaching Observation Lvl. 3), is an animal Abnormality taking the form of a humanoid tall wolf with gray fur, white paws, tail and belly button, black eyebrows and a scar on his left eye. When breaching, the wolf will start to look more beastly, covered in scars and blood and running on four paws. The front paws are black and red.
He is one of two unique Abnormalities in game to have a counterpart or rivalry, the other counterpart Abnormality being Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary.
Ability[edit | edit source]
- Getting a Bad Result will reduce the counter by 1. The Agent will be devoured by the wolf will not be controllable until released. This Agent will be considered 'Uncontrollable.'
- When an employee who finished a work on Little Red, performs a work with this Abnormality, the counter will be decreased by 1 and the employee will be devoured.
- An employee bleeding by the attacks of Little Red, who enters into the same hallway as the containment unit of the Abnormality, will reduce the counter by 1.
- Additionally, if Little Red enters the same hallway that has his containment unit, his Qliphoth counter will drop to 0 and breach immediately.
When the Qliphoth Counter reaches 0, he will breach. When about to breach, a containment filter effect will appear, with a picture of the wolf's face and its eyes glowing, followed by breaching. The Abnormality's appearance will change to a big, more realistic kind of wolf, with multiple scars on his body, sharp claws and glowing blue eyes.
It has 2000 HP and high Movement Speed. When breaching, he moves to the Main Rooms of the departments to start his attacks. His next location is marked by a Blue or Red Moon (When below the 50% of HP), appearing in the main room of another department. Just one moon can appear at the same time.
While escaped, he use his claws or fangs to attack the target, dealing average Red Damage. He can perform a special attack which runs across the room, dealing Red Damage constantly to the targets in the room. If there are no targets in the area, the Wolf will travel to the nearest area with employees. After 20 seconds, the wolf will howl, dealing White Damage to the employees in the department. If there is a Red Moon, it will also reduce the Qliphoth Counter of the nearby Abnormalities by 1. After reducing 15% of its HP, he will flee to the next main room with a moon on it, turning into black smoke and moving faster to the next location. Once he reach the room, he has to recover his breath, remaining an amount of time(7.5 seconds) resting and invulnerable to attacks. This behavior repeats until subdued or the day ends.
If the wolf still holds any devoured employee when breaching, they can be released after suppressing the wolf, by performing Instinct work. He will also release employees immediately after a successful suppression by Little Red, giving the held employees an E.G.O. Gift called "Sheep’s Clothing" that increases HP by 9 and decreases SP by 3.
Origin[edit | edit source]
The Big Bad Wolf follows many tales involving a wolf as an antagonist, but probably he participated in each of them (mentioned in his flavour text) before the Little Red's tale. The twist in that tale is assumed to be at the end, but is still unknown what happened. After the incident, the wolf somehow escaped the scene, and with a high probability, being the one who scarred Little Red. Although the wolf looks clueless during most situations, he seems to recognize the rivalry of Little Red and tries to fight her when both are confronting.
How the Big and Will be Bad Wolf arrived to the facility and where he was found is still unknown.
Details[edit | edit source]
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Big and Will be Bad Wolf's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-9 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 10-17 will cause it to feel Normal, and 18-22 will make it's mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds and Qliphoth counter is 2.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level ( WAW), portrait, Damage Type ( Red 4 - 8), the amount of E-Boxes (22), their emotional state and Qliphoth counter (2).
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "When the employee <name> who has worked on F-01-57 completed the work, the Qliphoth counter is decreased. Then the employee was eaten by Big and Will be Bad Wolf."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When the work result was bad, Qliphoth counter has decreased. Then the employee was eaten by Big and Will be Bad Wolf."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "When the employee finished instinct work while Big and Will be Bad Wolf was fed, Big and Will be Bad Wolf vomits all the employees who had been eaten before."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "The Qliphoth counter decreased when a target that bleeds from the attack of F-01-57 enters the hallway of the containment room for Big and Will be Bad Wolf."
- "Managerial Works 5"
- "When the F-01-57 entered the hallway of the Big and Will be Bad Wolf's containment room, the Qliphoth counter became zero."
- "Managerial Works 6"
- "Some employees reported that they heard a voice in the stomach of Big and Will be Bad Wolf. We should rescue them by suppressing the escaped Big and Will be Bad Wolf. It may be possible to contract to the F-01-57."
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not, plus his Qliphoth counter (2). This includes it's defenses when breaching:
Observation Level[edit | edit source]
Unlocks an E.G.O. Gift 'Cobalt Scar'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon and Suit 'Cobalt Scar'.
E.G.O. Equipment[edit | edit source]
Story[edit | edit source]
"An Abnormality in the shape of a wolf with sparsely damaged fur. It is bipedal, and is capable of communication to some extent. It always attempts to devour employees or breach. Such actions are easily preventable, since it shows obvious signs in behaviour and conversation before doing so, making this Abnormality fairly easy to manage."
"The incident on the day of <Redacted> was an alerting event for many employees. The moment Red Riding Hood ran into the Wolf, the situation spiraled out of control. Prevent the two from meeting at all costs. Considering the potential damage it may cause, it could be a wise decision to sacrifice a few employees to divert their attention away from each other."
"He had flesh for the first time in a long while, and its taste was so good. In the corner of his eye, a familiar piece of red cloth stood out from the wardrobe. He may or may not have seen it before, but he didn't really care about it. Since then, it got harder and harder to keep himself in check. Still, it didn’t matter to him. After all, he was “destined” to be a big bad wolf. "
"There may be lots of stories here, but no story is as disgusting as the wolf's role. It was a sin to be born as a wolf. No one cared about a wolf's name. It has to be called the big bad wolf. All wolves are raised to become giant, ferocious, and hairy monsters. Wolves could not eat other animals even if they were starving. Wolves could not cross the line when doing bad things. And wolves had to be punished. Wolves always needed to be an example. Wolves could not make friends with anyone... (Omitted)"
Flavour Text[edit | edit source]
- "Hey <name>, <name>. By any chance, is there a little chubby baby pig in this place? Oh, it’s nothing important. He was my friend, I just want to see how he’s doing nowadays."
- "Oh little <name>, will you open the door, please? I won’t hurt anyone, I swear it. I’m just a little bit hungry."
- "<name>, I’ll give you something good if you let me out!"
- "I am a big bad wolf, I’ll gobble you all up and get out of this place!"
- "<name>, I’m telling this secret only to you. If you ever build a house, make it a sturdy brick house."
- "Big and Will be Bad Wolf vividly remembers the moment when his belly was torn open and his guts spilled out."
- "Big and Will be Bad Wolf likes meat over anything else. He used to be always hungry, now he wants to be always full."
- "Big and Will be Bad Wolf suffers from chronic indigestion. The origin of this problem of his goes back to the very, very far past…"
- "According to reports from employees who have been inside Big and Will be Bad Wolf’s stomach, it is a dark, empty, lonely place."
- " “What big teeth I have, all the better for eating with.” "
- " “I’ll huff, and I’ll puff, and I’ll blow this room away with one breath!” "
- " “Open the door sweetheart, I’ve brought you a basket of gifts from the forest.” "
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Big and Will be Bad Wolf is an obvious reference to different fairy tales including a wolf as an antagonist, especially Little Red Riding Hood, as shown by the conflict between it and Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary.
- This Abnormality has been reworked along with its rival after the Legacy version, with a different appearance when breaching.
- Big and Will be Bad Wolf and it's equipment got a new name with the on the March 4th 2020 "English version re-translation update" (ver 18.104.22.168e). Before they were always known as "Big and Might be Bad Wolf" and "Blue Scar" respectively.
- A variation of Big and Will be Bad Wolf is mentioned in episode 6 of the Wonderlab comic. Its ego is most notably worn by one of the Department Head's Shasha.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The E.G.O. Gift 'Sheep's Clothing' is not visible on Agents, but the effects are still active.