"Many hands float in the bath. They are the hands of the people I once loved."
Bloodbath (T-05-51) is a skin-covered bathtub Abnormality. It sports a large pair of eyes which will only open when attacking an employee. Its shower head is replaced by a large hand, dripping blood constantly. The bathtub is filled with blood at a constant level that never overflows. Pale hands appear on the surface, and will stretch when grabbing an employee.
Ability[edit | edit source]
Its special ability will activate whenever an employee with Fortitude or Temperance Level 1 performs any work on it, or panics in its containment. Once the employee finishes the interaction, hands will come out of the abnormality and grab the employee, pulling them into the tub, and killing them. A pale hand will then appear in the tub, adding to the others if any. The special insta-death ability is guaranteed to trigger if there are three hands in the tub, resetting the amount of hands back to zero after activation.
Origin[edit | edit source]
Bloodbath was originated from a trauma caused by a person cutting their wrists in a bathtub, and with another one finding out their craving for death.
|Story Mode Spoilers!|
|This Abnormality actually comes from Carmen and A, with the latter finding out that she chopped her own wrists to kill herself in a bathtub after all the progress made with the corporation, and how she hid her own wounds to A. She eventually died via suicide.
This also tells us about their habits, like how they popped a wine bottle every time they succeeded.
Part of this story also continues with The Snow Queen's story section, where she is put into a cryo-coffin.
Details[edit | edit source]
Like all Abnormalites, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Bloodbath's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-4 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 5-9 will cause it to feel Normal, and 10-14 will make it's mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "When <name>, who had Level 1 Fortitude, completed the work process, a hand stretched out of Bloodbath and dragged <name> into its depths. The same phenomenon occurred with an Agent who had Level 1 Temperance."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "A pale hand surfaced from Bloodbath after it had absorbed an employee. As the number of hands increased, the number of PE-Boxes produced with it also increased."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "<Caution> When Bloodbath has three hands, the safety of the next worker cannot be guaranteed. It seems Bloodbath will absorb employees regardless of the work result or virtue levels."
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not. "Non Escaped Object"
|Work||Level 1 Chance||Level 2 Chance||Level 3 Chance||Level 4 Chance||Level 5 Chance|
||"Low"||"Low"||"Very Low"||"Very Low"||"Very Low"|
Observation Level[edit | edit source]
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon and Suit 'Wrist Cutter'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Gift 'Wrist Cutter'.
E.G.O. Equipment[edit | edit source]
Story[edit | edit source]
- "An Abnormality which contains the pain of all those who couldn’t take their sorrow in stride."
- "A bath of a gloomy color, topped up with blood. The blood is always kept in equilibrium; it never overflows. Only despair can be found in its sunken depths. Unbearable depression overwhelms all who look into the bath. In an instant, it can pull a nearby person into it.
- It bears no considerable strength, but those who suffer from its crushing depression do not resist. It devours the victim until nothing remains except for their wrists. All the hands which float in the bath are pale, exsanguinated; they stretch into the air and reach out as if asking for help."
- "It is no easy feat to cut one’s wrist with a sane mind. A strong will is needed with the resolve to make multiple attempts. Only when it is sliced as if one were simply cutting a mere slab of meat, can they achieve this. Only when one yearns for death that much, can they succeed."
- "I eternally regret not realizing to ask her why she needed that industrial knife. I eternally regret not realizing that she was hiding her wrists with long sleeves. I eternally regret not realizing that she always took extra care to hide them whenever I spoke with her. I eternally regret not realizing that I never heard her cheerful laughter anymore, and that she roamed around the company with lifeless eyes more and more often."
- "I can’t even imagine how painful it would be to cut your wrist. I found out that the only reason she could manage to do something like that was she cut hers straight through."
- "We always popped open a bottle of wine every time we succeeded. It became one of our customs. She told us that it only takes one slight misstep to fall into indifferent habit if we get too used to success. Thus, we should always smile, rejoice, and celebrate every little thing in the wake of success. And we should never neglect failure, as success can be born from a pile of failures.
- When I saw the latticework of scars on her wrist, I was reminded of our wine cabinet. We had used up so many of the bottles; there was only one left.
- That day, I popped the cork off the last one."
Flavour Text[edit | edit source]
- " “You know, after joining Lobotomy Corporation I really feel like I have my life back together.” "
- "<name> can feel the sadness of Bloodbath."
- "<name>’s wrist aches when they look at Bloodbath."
- " “Depression is a disease of the mind. We are the first doctors who discovered how to be happy.” "
- "<name> stares at the despair which floats in the bath."
- "<name> senses overwhelming despair and sadness."
- " “Medicine to heal the body has developed at such a tremendous rate, meanwhile treatments for the mind lie stagnant.” "
- "<name> can see upcoming hardship and failure."
- "<name> can see upcoming hardship and many ordeals in the future. No matter what they do, it will only result in failure."
Using its ability[edit | edit source]
- "<name>, deprived of all reason and hope to live, doesn’t resist the hands which reach out to them."
- "<name>’s dejection concentrates into a single point."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Even though its in-game appearance shows it as a bathtub made of skin and with a pair of eyes, its portrait shows a normal bathtub filled with blood instead.
- Its first letter in the subject number classify it as 'Trauma'. It is possible that this Abnormality represents the fear of depression, or pain.