"A teardrop fell from the child's dewy eyes, as stars showered from the sky. The world falls into a slumber, trapped in an ecstatic lullaby."
- Child of the Galaxy's Entry
The Child of the Galaxy (O-01-55) is an Abnormality with the appearance of a small boy who is constantly sobbing. He wears a dark grey sleeveless shirt and gray pants. His skin and hair resemble the stars in the sky or a galaxy, with his hair color or background constantly changing. The child seems to know everything that is happening about the ones holding the pebbles given by him.
After finishing a work with it, the employee who did the task will receive a Pebble or Token of Friendship. This will give a constant regeneration of HP and SP, proportional to the Qliphoth Counter of the Abnormality *0.65. If the employee is in We Can Change Anything, they will receive half the normal amount of healing. The employee cannot receive the pebble twice. The Qliphoth Counter of Child of the Galaxy can fluctuate by next methods, by interactions holding the pebble:
- If the holder of the pebble performs a work with Child of the Galaxy, his Qliphoth Counter will be increased by 1 at the end of the work.
- If the holder of the pebble performs a work with another Abnormality, his Qliphoth Counter will be decreased by 1 and the employee receives Red and White Damage proportionally to the Qliphoth Counter *4.
- If the holder of the pebble dies, his Qliphoth Counter is decreased by 4.
Once the Qliphoth Counter of Child of the Galaxy is depleted, all the employees who are holding a pebble will be killed instantly and the Abnormality will start to cry, as his containment unit gets covered in a layer of 'space dust.'
His origin is mostly unknown, but is mentioned in the diary of the employee who found it, during a dark night. How the child got captured by the corporation or even how he arrived to the facility is unknown.
Like all Abnormalities, his energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Child of the Galaxy's emotional state is divided into 2 sections: Bad and Normal. Completing 0-8 E Boxes will cause him to feel Distressed and completing 9-16 will cause him to feel Normal. His usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds. His Qliphoth Counter starts at 1 but its Max is 5.
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level ( HE), portrait, Damage Type ( Black 2 - 3), the amount of E-Boxes (16), emotional state and their Qliphoth Counter (5).
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tip 1"
- "Successful work completion will cause a healing (HP/SP) Token of Friendship to be bestowed upon the employee. The amount of healing will vary in relation to Child of the Galaxy’s Qliphoth Counter."
- "Managerial Tip 2"
- "The Qliphoth Counter increased when <name> completed their work with the Token."
- "Managerial Tip 3"
- "When an employee with the Token worked with another Abnormality, they received damage in proportion to Child of the Galaxy’s Qliphoth Counter, which will then decrease."
- "Managerial Tip 4"
- "When an employee with Child of the Galaxy’s Token of Friendship died, the Qliphoth Counter lowered by 4."
- "Managerial Tip 5"
- "When the Qliphoth Counter reached 0, all employees with the Token died."
Unlocks the E.G.O. Suit 'Galaxy'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Gift 'Galaxy'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon 'Galaxy'.
- "It was a night veiled in gentle mist.
A barefooted child was looking at me.
I stopped, because I saw the sadness hanging on his face.
He was crying, his dreamy eyes filled with sorrow.
I gave him my help.
The sadness hanging on his face stopped me in my tracks. He said he lost something precious, and when I offered to help, He gave me a big smile.
A teardrop fell from the child's dewy eyes, as stars showered from the sky.
The world falls into a slumber, trapped in an ecstatic lullaby.
That night the galaxy descended with bare feet.
- Excerpt from the diary of Employee (Redacted), who committed suicide."
- "It takes the form of a young boy with big eyes and skin that resembles the night sky. "
- "The child shows great enjoyment with talking and playing with others. He has a strong attachment to the act of making contact with another."
- "If the child and an employee reach a certain level of intimacy, he will give a small pebble to the employee he now considers his friend. The employee will feel happiness and vigor while in possession of the pebble. However, this pebble will do more than just good if the employee happens to enter any Containment Unit other than his."
- "If an employee in possession of one of the child’s pebbles (the sign of their strong friendship) dies, he will show deep grief and sorrow for their loss."
- "<Excerpt from Employee (Redacted)'s Diary>
I looked into the child's eyes for a while. I may have spaced out a little bit because his eyes were so dreamy. I wanted to pet him, but I remembered my coworkers telling me not to have personal feelings towards Abnormalities.
I told him my name. He repeated it with wide eyes as if he found out a big secret. Each time he called my name, it felt like it became something more than just a familiar thing I had been living with.
When another employee entered the child's Containment Unit, he did not follow that employee and looked for me instead. I felt basely triumphant after hearing about that. The kid follows me, not you.
The moment I entered the child's room, he jumped into my arms crying. When I finally set him down, he shed a tear that became a small, white pebble that fell in my hand. "Please don't lose it, and don't give it to anyone else." The boy mumbled.
"Do you like it? More than you like me?" The boy quietly asked when I arrived after finishing working with another Abnormality. I asked how he knew what I was doing, and he answered lightly: "Isn't it obvious? I know everything. Whatever you do, wherever you go." His gaze lay on the pebble, then he smiled. His eyes gave me goosebumps.
I tried to rid myself of the pebble, but I realized it was beyond my control. I don't get what I'm talking about right now but... "You still treasure it right?" The child smiles at me. Smiles. Smiles. Smiles. Smiles...
I can't get this pebble off me. My only hope is to wait for the child to tire of me. I'm waiting for that day... but will it ever come? (People tell me I’m an excellent employee. Idiots, they don’t know a thing. Shut up.)
I can't take it anymore. I can't escape him. I thought I was in charge, but the truth is I was just a pebble in his hands the whole time. Whatever I do, wherever I go, I hear his whispers. (I have to end it, but I’m not even sure if I can.)
- -- "...I came from afar. I'm so glad to meet you. Become a pebble, and let's walk the galaxy together..." I hear his whispers and breath. Pitch black darkness follows... just like the night I met him."
- "That night, when stars showered down from the sky, a child walked."
- "Child of the Galaxy knows all there is to know about <name>."
- "The longing becomes a tear, and cascades down like a shooting star."
- "The remnants of longing blossom on the sorrowing heart."
- "Child of the Galaxy makes <name> pinky swear and promise to come back again tomorrow."
- "Child of the Galaxy starts sobbing, he can’t handle the fact that <name> needs to leave now."
- "<name> can’t take another step after seeing how tearful Child of the Galaxy’s face is."
Spoken by Child of the Galaxy
- "I really, really like you! This pebble is super important to me! But I love you so much, so I’ll give it to you! Please keep it with you forever."
- "Please love me."
- "I want to hold you in my hands."
- "I always know where you go."
- "I love you so much, why won’t you visit me?"
- "Why aren’t you coming to see me?"
- "Why won’t you come to me?"
- "Is there something you love more than me?"
- "Why were you there? You should have been with me, not there."
- Child of the Galaxy previously shared a subject number with The Silent Orchestra, but with changed origin and risk level until v 0.3.0.7e.
- The Abnormality received a rework after the Legacy version to be adapted to the new mechanics, as well with an aspect and Portrait change.
- There used to be an effect where when the Child of the Galaxy's Qliphoth Counter was depleted, energy would constantly drain and works in the facility would not give any PE Boxes or energy, however this effect was removed in later versions of the game.