"Life is only granted to those who hold no fear of death."
- Crumbling Armor's Entry
Crumbling Armor (O-05-61) is an artifact Abnormality with the appearance of a thoroughly aged suit of samurai style armor with a V or U shaped crest on the helmet. The chest portion of the armor has a painted representation of cherry blossoms with paint that remains pristine. There are several instances of rust around the folds of the armor, and the right arm is disconnected from the rest of the body. A glowing blue eye can be seen inside the helmet.
Crumbling Armor's ability has two sections: Giving out his E.G.O. Gift, and decapitating employees.
Giving out the E.G.O. Gift:
Whenever an employee performs Repression work on Crumbling Armor, they will always gain crumbling armor's E.G.O. Gift (Slot Head 1). This will be represented as a blue flame behind them at first. The description can be checked in the agent's E.G.O. Gift list.
- Blue Flame: "Inspired Bravery" (1) and "Reckless Foolishness" (2)
- Orange Flame: "Reckless Foolishness"
- Red Flame: "Reckless Foolishness"
Decapitation (Instant Kill):
Crumbling Armor's decapitation can activate in 2 ways: Sending in an employee that has Fortitude Level 1 to its containment room (This will count as 1 work used) or sending an employee with the E.G.O. Gift to perform an Attachment work with any Abnormality, which will consume 1 work as well (only when abnormality is present in the facility).
To remove the E.G.O. Gift simply replace it with another gift that occupies the same location slot. To prevent decapitation, one must preform another work on an abnormality and not to preform attachment. This should remove them from the list of employees to have their heads chopped off. To be extra safe, one could pass the day with the gift change and the employee should be able to perform attachment again.
Crumbling Armor was an armor used in different battles by their owners and ancestors. It began as the armor of a general who died by an arrow shot, but the armor was left untouched. Over many generations, the successors who inherited the armor had also died without the armor receiving any damage. With its last owner - a warrior who didn't wear the armor in any battle - never sustained any injuries and died of old age. As a result, the armor's arm plate was damaged without exterior damaged. The family of the warrior donated the armor to a museum, where the company found it.
When and how its anomalous effects appeared is still unknown.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Crumbling Armor's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-5 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 6-10 will cause it to feel Normal, and 11-12 will make it's mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds.
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "An Agent with Level 1 Fortitude was placed into Crumbling Armor’s Containment Room. After the Work Process ended, they were found with their head sliced clean off."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "An Agent who performed Repression Work with the Abnormality was found to have an artifact (Crumbling Armor-01), which had the same chemical composition as Crumbling Armor. The Agent stated that it made them feel as if Crumbling Armor were protecting them."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "An Agent with Crumbling Armor-01 attached was ordered to continue engaging in Repression work with any Abnormality. Each time the Work Process ended, a physical examination on the Agent was carried out. The results of the examinations found that the effect given to the Agent by Crumbling Armor-01 changed in accordance with the number of times Repression work was done."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "<CAUTION> Do not let an Agent with Crumbling Armor-01 perform Attachment Work. If they do, Crumbling Armor-01 will disappear with the Agent being decapitated as soon as they enter the Containment Unit, killing them instantly."
- "Managerial Tips 5"
- "<CAUTION> If an Agent carrying Crumbling Armor-01 performs an excessive amount of Repression work, then the effect that the artifact provides will gradually become negative."
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not. "Non Escaped Object"
Unlocks the E.G.O. Suit 'Life for a Daredevil'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon 'Life for a Daredevil'.
- "An armor that seems to have been used hundreds of years ago. An engraving on its bottom states: “Life is only granted to those who hold no fear of death.” Obviously, putting this armor on is forbidden by the company regulations.
- Note: There have been rumors of employees pretending to put on the armor for fun. Please look into this immediately!"
- "This armor was secured from a museum. The information below is the fragments of its legend.
- …This armor once belonged to General XXXX, who joined the War of XX during the year of XXX. It was a family heirloom, passed down through many generations. The general always wore this armor to keep himself protected. By a stroke of bad luck however, an arrow flew into a gap in the armor, killing him instantly. Somehow, the armor was undamaged.
- After the death of General XXXX, the armor was presented to Commander XXX of Battalion 00. The commander was always seen steel-clad each time he set out into battle. During one of his battles, the commander fell from his horse while fleeing from the enemy and died due to a fatal injury upon his skull. Still, the armor once again remained undamaged. There are many others throughout this armor’s history who have had their hands on it, and each and every one of them has died in battle. Meanwhile, the armor still kept its pristine condition.
- Over the years, the armor made its way to a warrior named XXX. He was known for simply keeping the armor in storage, not wearing it for a single battle. Eventually, XXX died of old age after participating in dozens of wars without sustaining a single injury. During his lifetime, the armor’s right arm became damaged, but there was no sign of exterior impact. XXX’s family later donated the armor to a museum."
- "After running a few tests on the armor, we have come up with the following conclusions: If this armor is worn by a cowardly employee, their chances of fatal injury and death are drastically increased. Inversely, when an employee who holds no fear of death wears it, their chances of injury and death are exceedingly decreased."
- "One of our personnel managers suggested an entrance test where interviewees wear the armor and walk around in it for ten minutes. This suggestion was immediately shot down."
- "Cowardly employees sense something ominous about Crumbling Armor."
- "Alone with the armor, <name> feels the Abnormality’s piercing gaze upon them. Of course, there is not a single living thing inside that armor."
- "Rumor has it that passionate battle cries or shouts such as “CHARGE!” can be heard from the armor in the middle of the night."
- "Although it is slightly broken, this armor is in an unbelievably well-preserved state considering that it is an artifact forged hundreds of years ago."
- "Many past generals had possession of this armor. Nobody knows whether it was the war or the armor that took their lives."
- "The right arm of the suit is broken. After a light investigation, the conclusion was that the damage stemmed from the inside, not externally."
- "Crumbling Armor was forged hundreds of years ago. The craftsman that created this armor remains unidentified, but at the very least it is certain that he hated cowards."
- "The armor still awaits those who are reckless, and those who have given up on life."
- At the moment, Crumbling Armor is the only abnormality able to give a unique trait which can change over the time.
- After an update, its E.G.O. Weapon, previously named 'Mortal Life', had its damage type changed from Red Damage to Pale Damage, becoming the second weapon to deal Pale Damage exclusively.
- Due to its E.G.O. gift and the penalty for preforming attachment being separate effects, one could have their employee be executed by the Crumbling Armor for preforming attachment on any abnormality, including the Crumbling Armor, without having the E.G.O. gift.
- If Crumbling Armor is not present in the facility, employees with its E.G.O. gift can perform attachment without being executed. (This line needs to be worded better.)