"This magical bullet can truly hit anyone, just like you say."
- Der Freischütz's Entry
Der Freischütz (F-01-69) is a humanoid abnormality that wears a large cloak and grey clothing. The color palette of its cloak consists of a black, yellow, and blue. It has a black wispy form with no discernible features besides its eyes, head, arms, and legs. It carries a large gun, most likely a musket, with it.
Ability[edit | edit source]
- When an employee with Justice lower than Level 3 works on the Abnormality, the counter will decrease at the end of the work.
- A medium chance to decrease when the work result is Normal.
- A high chance when the work result is Bad.
Attachment work is replaced by Request/Commission work. You don't need an agent to perform this work, and when you request the Abnormality for a shot, you get to aim where the bullet flies from, with the time stopped until is shot, but the time can be resumed too during the process. Commissioning Der Freischütz costs 10% of your current Energy. You cannot use the ability below 10 Energy.
If Der Freischütz is firing due to its Qliphoth Counter reaching 0, it will simply aim at a random point on the screen. It will do the same thing after the 7th Request, along with decreasing the Qliphoth Counter by 1.
Origin[edit | edit source]
The origin of Der Freischütz is as follows: A hunter received a gun from the devil (most likely after reaching a point of despair that caused his soul to fall down to hell) that the final bullet would end up shooting and killing all of his beloved. After the bullet that killed his beloved vanished, he traveled to numerous worlds, doing what ever he felt based on impulse. One day he realized that the devil is no longer around him because his soul had fallen to hell and the contract with the devil had been completed. The marksman ultimately became a devil himself, shooting whoever he wanted to gather souls.
How the abnormality was captured or arrived at the facility is unknown.
Details[edit | edit source]
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Der Freischütz's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-6 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 7-11 will cause it to feel Normal, and 12-18 will make it's mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds, and its Qliphoth Counter is 3.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "Requesting aid from Der Freischütz is permitted. Der Freischütz agreed to perform the request at the expense of 10% of our current energy."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "However, the bullets that Der Freischütz fires can penetrate and damage anything. Furthermore, Der Freischütz’s 7th bullet will not fire where you desire, so you must plan ahead wisely."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "The Qliphoth Counter lowered when <name>, whose Justice was lower than Level 3, completed work with Der Freischütz.
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "When the work result was Normal, the Qliphoth Counter lowered with a normal probability."
- "Managerial Tips 5"
- "When the work result was Bad, the Qliphoth Counter lowered with a high probability."
- "Managerial Tips 6"
- "When the Qliphoth Counter hit 0, Der Freischütz willfully fired a bullet towards a random location."
Observation Level[edit | edit source]
Unlocks the E.G.O. Gift 'Magic Bullet'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon and Suit 'Magic Bullet'.
E.G.O. Equipment[edit | edit source]
Story[edit | edit source]
- "The Devil ultimately wished for despair."
- "For despair wears down the mind and drains one's will to go forward. When one feels there's nothing left to go for, their soul falls down to Hell, the Devil's domain. This is why the Devil finds it more entertaining to watch people fall to despair, rather than to simply kill them. We describe it as "selling one's soul to the Devil." "
- "When a marksman received a gun from the Devil, the Devil proposed a childish contract: The last bullet would puncture the head of his beloved. The moment he heard that, he sought and shot all the people he loved. Then he told the Devil, "This magical bullet can truly hit anyone just like you say."
- With the last bullet gone for good, the hunter traveled to numerous worlds. Sometimes he helped those in need or fought evil, but it was all done on impulse, not a gesture of goodwill or ideals. In one world, he was called a righteous hunter, while in another, he was a bloodstained gunman.."
- "One day, the marksman realized the Devil no longer followed him. He pondered why, then realized that his soul had already fallen to Hell from the beginning. The contract had already been fulfilled, so the Devil had left."
- "The marksman, now a devil himself, continues to pull the trigger to gather the souls of others. Just as the Devil said, the bullets will puncture anything you please. Forever."
Flavour Text[edit | edit source]
- "Der Freischütz does not remember anything positive, such as the sparks of love or the joy of doing a good deed. He only reacts to dying things."
- "Long ago, Der Freischütz’s heart was pierced by the magic bullet, which always hits its mark."
- "As with all pacts made with the Devil, Der Freischütz’s request will not end peacefully."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name Der Freischütz is taken from the name of a German opera by the same name.
- Der Freischütz is usually translated to "The Marksman or The Freeshooter." (Source: Wikipedia)
- The Opera itself is based off the the German tale Freischütz (Freeshooter).
- His E.G.O. Weapon "Magical Bullet" will perform a similar shot that is like the abnormality's ability, as well as dealing friendly damage.
- This Abnormality is the first one after-Legacy version to have a special work.
- Der Freischütz's bullets will be rotated according to the facility rotation in Day 50.