"The only advice that can be given is to remain cautious and aware of your surroundings."
- Dimensional Refraction Variant's Entry
Dimensional Refraction Variant (O-03-88) is a phenomenon Abnormality with a barely visible circular shape of grainy texture, similar to smoke. Due to its form, it's not visible to the naked eye. It floats above the floor and is intangible.
Ability[edit | edit source]
- Obtains a Bad work result
- Took longer than 40 seconds to finishing the work session (Including interruptions like Panic).
Breach[edit | edit source]
While breaching, it has 600 HP and slowly moves toward a targeted room, while also dealing 40 Red Damage every 0.2 seconds for 1 second (total: 200) to employees who pass through it. Employees killed by the Abnormality will be dismembered and their bodies and limbs will float on the same spot, with distortion surrounding them.
The Abnormality will keep roaming the facility until subdued or the day ends.
Undetectability ("Facility Alteration")[edit | edit source]
While breaching, Dimensional Refraction Variant will disrupt certain functions of the facility:
- It can only be suppressed manually by targeting the Abnormality itself breaching.
- Employees will not 'detect' it breaching so they will not attempt to suppress the Abnormality once they are in the same room.
- Its suppression cannot be ordered via the containment unit menu
- Its HP bar isn't displayed when breaching.
Origin[edit | edit source]
The details of its origin are currently unknown.
Details[edit | edit source]
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Dimensional Refraction Variant's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-8 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 9-16 will cause it to feel Normal, and 17-22 will make its mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds and its Qliphoth Counter is 2.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level ( WAW), portrait, Damage Type ( White 4 - 7), the amount of E-Boxes (22), emotional state and its Qliphoth counter (2).
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "When the work result was Bad, the Qliphoth Counter lowered."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When the work took more than 40 seconds to complete, the Qliphoth Counter lowered."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "The facility and its employees will be unable to detect the Abnormality in any fashion when it escapes. Therefore, the manager must manually locate it and directly order its suppression."
Observation Level[edit | edit source]
Unlocks the E.G.O. Gift 'Diffraction'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon 'Diffraction'.
E.G.O. Equipment[edit | edit source]
Story[edit | edit source]
- "It was a strange phenomenon. It was a phenomenon in and of itself. There was nothing within the unit that could be detected with the naked eye."
- "Just like those who had made similar claims some time ago, just because something cannot be seen does not mean it doesn’t exist. The Containment Unit’s square length was XXX meters, and this is the cognitive range of the Abnormality. The only advice that can be given is to remain cautious and aware of your surroundings.
- Breathing will become impossible while within range of the Abnormality. The area will become a vacuum. Strictly speaking, the Abnormality itself is the vacuum phenomenon."
- <Record of the Death of Employee Chomsky>
"There was no way to confirm if the Abnormality had left its Containment Unit or not. All of a sudden, Chomsky had stopped in the middle of the corridor and just stood there. The hallway was busy at the time with many a person passing by, and of course many of these people expressed their discontent for having part of the hallway blocked.
- Then, all of a sudden, Chomsky’s body suddenly rose over 3 meters into the air. His arms and legs were awkwardly stretched out just as if he were being crucified. If his legs had still been on the ground, he might have looked as if he were performing in an elegant play or doing ballet. Everyone in the hallway stopped to look at him. Then Chomsky started to scream. He screamed like a madman who had witnessed something horrifying. Nobody knew what to do. Some of our employees attempted to pull Chomsky down by the legs. He didn’t budge. After that, Chomsky stopped screaming.
- A short silence followed, and Chomsky opened his mouth, attempting to mutter something. The two employees who were trying to pull Chomsky down started to scream. Blood poured down from his body. His arms and legs separated, leaving his limbless body floating in the air. All hell broke loose in the hallway and everybody began running."
- "How to recognize this Abnormality is a matter that needs to be discussed further. Currently, we are researching ultraviolet technology that may be able to detect the Abnormality using the eyes of shrimp, but the performance so far has been far from satisfactory.
- For now, a good method is to have employees entering its Containment Unit bring a glass cup filled only halfway with water. They will need to place this cup on the floor while working. If the cup begins to slosh, threatening to spill over, the employee must stop working and leave the unit immediately."
Flavour Text[edit | edit source]
- "Many employees are dying under the cognition of Dimensional Refraction Variant."
- "The longer <name> stays, the worse the situation becomes."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Refraction, included in the Abnormality's name, is the change of waves' directions due to the change of transmission medium and Diffraction, included in the Weapon's name, is the transmission and bending of waves around an obstacle.