"Tales say that the moon bewitches man, yet in reality, it is the man that despairs at the moon."
-El Llanto de la Luna's Entry
El Llanto de la Luna (D-01-105) (or simply La Luna) is an Abnormality in form of a duo; a female pianist and an old-fashioned piano. The piano has gold decals on the front and melted candles on top. At its feet, there are blackened and shrunken heads.
The pianist wears a veil which covers the upper part of her face. She wears a long-sleeved dress which covers her arms and legs. On her head, she wears a dark rose. She sits on a chair, similar to the piano's, and holds a long cane.
Ability[edit | edit source]
- By getting a Bad Result, its Qliphoth Counter decreases by 1.
- By getting a Normal Result, its Qliphoth counter decreases by 1 with medium chance.
- When performing Performance, its Qliphoth Counter decreases by 1.
- Each 3rd Special Work will drop its Qliphoth Counter to 0.
When using El Llanto de la Luna's Special Work " Performance", which replaces Insight; an employee starts to play the piano. During the performance, Temperance and Justice of all employees in facility will be boosted. After the performance the employee's HP will be halved.
Once the Qliphoth Counter reaches 0, the woman will burst into black flames and appear out of the containment, somewhere else in the facility. During breach she wears a mask and uses her cane as a weapon. She deals average Red Damage during her regular attack and high Black Damage during her special attack, a charge attack with black flames. She will return into her containment room when the performance (When triggered by the special work, making the employee unable to get out) is over or after being suppressed. She possesses high HP at 1300.
If the special work triggered her breach, the Agent inside it cannot get out, even after all the E-Boxes have been filled, and will start to take 4-5 Black Damage every 3 seconds until the Abnormality returns to containment or the 90 second Performance work is finished.
Origin[edit | edit source]
Part of the pianist's origin comes from a newspaper's information that tells how she was a greatest pianist who plays Sonata, and where the third movement came, the audience could barely keep sit down. After an unspecific amount of time, she left her place to go to the 'moon', leaving behind the piano that she used to play.
When was the time to contain the Abnormality, the employees met a silent woman covered by a veil and the piano of the pianist. People who approached to the woman, soon playing, regardless of the knowing of music arts or how to do the performance, they played perfectly Sonata. However, those who play the first movement tend to disappear to the 'moon' without a trace.
The piano and woman were found and contained together but is not specified when or where they were found.
Details[edit | edit source]
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
El Llanto de la Luna's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-6 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 7-12 will cause it to feel Normal, and 13-20 will make it's mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds. Its Qliphoth Counter is 3.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level ( WAW), portrait, Damage Type ( White, 5 - 7), the amount of E-Boxes (20) and their emotional states and Qliphoth Counter (3).
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "The piano can be played by ordering an Agent to Perform. However, please note that the Qliphoth Counter will lower when the performance is finished."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "The music temporarily increased the Temperance and Justice of all employees by a small degree. However, the one who performed lost half their HP by the end of the performance."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "When the work result was Normal, the Qliphoth Counter lowered with a moderate probability."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "When the work result was Bad, the Qliphoth Counter decreased."
- "Managerial Tips 5"
- "The Qliphoth Counter lowered to 0 when an employee entered the unit to play for the third time."
- "Managerial Tips 6"
- "When El Llanto de la Luna escaped, it voluntarily returned to its Containment Unit after the end of the third movement. The movement also prematurely ended when El Llanto de la Luna was suppressed."
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not, plus its Qliphoth Counter (3). It is classified as a 'Non-Escaped Object', but it is the pianist that breaches. Her defenses are as follows:
|Work||Level 1 Chance||Level 2 Chance||Level 3 Chance||Level 4 Chance||Level 5 Chance|
Observation Level[edit | edit source]
Unlocks the E.G.O. Gift 'Moonlight'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon and Suit 'Moonlight'.
E.G.O. Equipment[edit | edit source]
Story[edit | edit source]
- This Abnormality was created with the ideas provided by Tumblbug Backer 에레 (Ere).
"An old woman with a piano at her side. Her eyes are usually closed. She only nods instead of speaking, but on rare occasions, she will faintly smile."
- <Excerpt from a Newspaper Article>
The world’s greatest pianist, (Redacted), always gave her best performances when playing that sonata, her favorite piece. Many praised her excellent skill. Some couldn’t even stay seated when she played the third movement because of the overflowing energy and madness that would come of her performance. In her now empty residence from which she left for the moon, lies the piano she played since childhood, and shrunken heads which allow us to delve into her mind.
- <Excerpt of Audio Record of Employee (Redacted)’s Counseling>
“I mean, we didn’t see anything outstanding when we went to secure it. There was just some lady sitting there. It was like she had been waiting for us to come. What happened when one of us approached her? Well, that guy didn’t know the first thing about art or music, but before we knew it, he was playing the first movement of that sonata. And the lady smiled.
- …To be honest, I don’t think I’ll ever get to hear a piano performance as beautiful as what I heard then ever again. We never got to see that guy again.That’s why you need my testimony, right?
- Because I played the third movement."
- " "I don’t know how or why it makes you play. Your hands just move, and you feel… euphoric while playing it. Everything around you fades away. It’s just you and the piano. After I finished playing, exhausted, I realized what my feet had been pressing down on weren’t pedals, but severed heads." "
- “ "…The moon represents the human psyche.
They often say that the moon is beautiful.
But when enough time has passed, when you look at it and see what kind of face it truly wears…
You’ll realize you were madly in love with something so broken and shattered. In the end, we all become like the moon. All because we can’t bear ourselves." "
Flavour Text[edit | edit source]
- "We can feel the passion and fire that emerges from deep inside El Llanto de la Luna."
- "Even without a guiding score, El Llanto de la Luna will allow anyone to make the greatest performance of their life."
- "The sonata played by the performer possessed by the moon is breathtakingly alluring to the point that it shatters the walls between man."
- "Music sets all free with no prejudice."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This Abnormality is made based on the idea of the Tumblbug backer '에레(Ere)'
- 'El Llanto de la Luna' is Spanish for "The Crying of the Moon".
- During Performance and breach, Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata is played: 1st movement during performance and 3rd movement during breach.
- El Llanto de la Luna takes the most space in the containment room. Almost reaching the door but touching the Working employee.
- Despite the fact that El Llanto de la Luna's information page claims that she cannot breach, she can indeed breach containment.
- Unlike other breaching abnormalities, including those that say they are non-escape objects, it will not have static on its containment room even when the employee is not in the containment room. It is unknown if it is a bug.
- For this reason her suppression doesn't count in Hod's "I Want To Be A Good Person" and Gebura's "Purpose of Pain 2" missions. It is unknown if it is a bug.