Emergency Situation or Emergency Level is a situation that occurs when an Abnormality or Abnormalities escape from their containment unit or an Agent dies or panics. The Emergency Level helps to identify the level of threat that the player is facing and the current state of the facility. Emergency Level occurs in the Management Phase and will appear as borders of different colors that will last for some seconds.
Danger Score[edit | edit source]
A scoring system is linked to the emergency level. When an abnormality escapes or when an agent dies or panics, it will increase the danger score by a certain amount of points. When the score goes over a given value, the appropriate trumpet will trigger. The Danger score will not exceed 100 points. After 15 seconds, the score will go down by 1 point.
For employee deaths and panics there is a 2:1 ratio, with deaths being +4 points and panics being +2 points to the danger score. Clerks do not contribute to the danger score, they are worth -0 points.
Escape Objects[edit | edit source]
For escape objects, their points depends on how many departments the player currently has. If the player has 5 departments unlocked, not necessarily fully expanded, the value of a WAW would be 20% of its worth (60->12). The formula for this is the value / amount of departments.
|ZAYIN||+ 5 points|
|TETH||+ 20 points|
|HE||+ 40 points|
|WAW||+ 60 points|
|ALEPH||+ 75 points|
|WhiteNight*||+ 98 points|
*Note: this only applies to its initial escape, when transforming from Plague Doctor to WhiteNight. It is also independent of the amount of departments.
Ordeals are calculated the same as escape objects, however the exact class of the ordeal varies and sometimes the score added doesn't match the actual class of the ordeal, such as Green Dusk being an ALEPH.
Trumpets[edit | edit source]
These emergency levels trigger when the danger score exceeds the emergency score and due to its condition, it can increase or even skip right to a higher level. There are 3 Emergency Levels, also called 'Trumpets':
- Emergency Level 1 (First Trumpet): When the danger score equals or exceeds 10 points, this emergency level will activate. The Sephirah will notify accordingly through messages, if possible. Because of being the first level, it is considered to be a minor threat to the facility, with low negative effects.
- Emergency Level 2 (Second Trumpet): When the danger score equals or exceeds 50 points, this emergency level will activate. The Sephirah will notify the breaches, along with death and/or panic confirmation through messages if possible. This second level might be more troublesome depending on the type of causalities and breaching entities. Some Abnormalities will trigger their abilities in this level. These abnormalities are Big Bird, Plague Doctor and the Queen of Hatred.
- Emergency Level 3 (Third Trumpet): When the danger score equals or exceeds 80 points, this emergency level will activate. As usual, the Sephirah will notify the breaches, along with death and/or panic confirmation through messages if possible. Entering into this emergency level means that the current situation is very difficult to control and that a great portion of agents are dead, leaving less employees to control and suppress Abnormalities or other hostile entities.
Depending on what level, a specific music will play in the background to identify it better. When the music stops and changes back to the usual music, that means that the Emergency Situation is over. The Emergency Level will decrease back to peaceful (level 0) when there is no more danger and when their respective time is passed. The levels will not decrease to a previous level and will only decrease to zero (peaceful).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- WhiteNight is the only Abnormality which can cause an instant Emergency Situation Level 3.
- In the game files, there is a unused Emergency Level 4 (Fourth Trumpet) script. According to the Art book and the Work Manual, the Emergency Level 4 was intended to be shown as a Game over, with the facility having no living staff and the manager being fired.
- Originally the developers wanted to include appearances of Seven Trumpets in total.
|Mechanics||Bullet Research - Challenge Mode - Daily Cycle - Damage Type - Emergency Level - Employees - Equipment - Hiring - LOB Points - Missions - Ordeals - Qliphoth Meltdown - Rabbit Team - Research - Risk Level - Sephirah Meltdown - Stats|
|Departments||Asiyah: Control Team - Information Team - Security Team - Training Team|
Briah: Central Command Team - Disciplinary Team - Welfare Team
Atziluth: Record Team - Extraction Team - Architecture Team
|Characters||X - Angela - A - B - Malkuth - Yesod - Netzach - Hod - Tiphereth - Chesed - Gebura - Hokma - Binah|