"Its scale would never neglect the weight of even the smallest sin."
- Judgement Bird's Entry
Judgement Bird (O-02-62) - also know as "Long Bird" before Observation level 2 - is a tall bird Abnormality with long, skinny limbs and neck. His spherical body is covered with black feathers, along his arms/wings. His head is covered by bandages and he has 2 small white wings of red tips on the sides of his head. Balanced on his neck is a golden scale - which tips to one side
His ability will trigger after his Qliphoth Counter has reached zero. The counter might decrease by 1 after a Normal Result or with a high probability in a Bad Result. He will breach once the ability triggers, roaming through the facility aimlessly.
He has moderately high HP at 800 and average Movement Speed. When an employee is in the same room as his, Judgement Bird will stop to hold his golden balance for a moment, and after a gleam, all targets in the same room will be greatly wounded with Pale Damage (30-40).
If an employee is killed by the damage, they will be raised up by a pole, hanging them. Judgement Bird needs some time to perform the attack again and will continue to wander. He will continue to breach until the day ends or is suppressed.
He used to be a sentinel of the Black Forest, where he was living with Big Bird and Punishing Bird. He was a fair judge and after hearing a prophecy, he used his golden balance to measure the sins of the creatures to protect the forest and keep the peace. But someone said, "What if the scales don't tip to any direction?". He became worried, so he made that the balance only tip to one direction, to get the result in any circumstance. He used to have sparkling eyes which he could use to see through everything, but at one point, he gave his eyes to Big Bird to help him protect the forest. Long Bird covered his own eyes with ragged bandages, but still wanted to protect the forest, and after some time, he began to lose his glossy feathers due to the sunlight. As time progressed, the Black Forest started to become saturated by darkness, bad rumors, and daily fights. As a solution, the three birds merged their strengths to become a new bird to protect the forest, but it caused chaos instead, making all the creatures to leave in fear of the forest. Is unknown when they decided to separate from themselves.
At the end, he was just left with an unfair balance, which always tips to one side; probably because of the darkness and regret. He became Judgement Bird afterwards and never stopped judging.
Where Judgement Bird was found and how he arrived to the facility is unknown.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Judgement Bird's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-6 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 7-12 will cause it to feel Normal, and 13-24 will make it's mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds and its Qliphoth Counter is 2.
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "When the work result was Normal, the Qliphoth Counter lowered with a normal probability."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When the work result was Bad, the Qliphoth Counter lowered with a high probability."
Unlocks the E.G.O. Gift 'Justitia'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon and Suit 'Justitia'.
"A bird that used to judge the living in the dark forest, carrying around an unbalanced scale."
"The scale always tilts the same direction, but it doesn't know this as its eyes are covered. Or perhaps it's turning a blind eye to this truth."
"In fact, the bird was once an even-handed justiciar. Its scale would never neglect the weight of even the smallest sin. The long bird made a scale that was capable of weighing any sin to maintain the peace of the forest."
"At one point, the bird's eyes could see through anything. The eyes always shone brilliantly, burning like stars in the night sky. But it gave its eyes to the Big Bird in order to protect the forest. Now, only the void fills its eye sockets. The bandage is in tatters, like it could tear off at any second. The bird's face was once covered in gleaming feathers, but they fell out as it spent too much time without sunlight. "
"All that remains is the unjust scale. The long bird continues on, doling out judgement."
- "There is an old saying: “Never forget the bird of judgement; no matter how long it takes, it will eventually find you."
- "Judgement Bird is never in a hurry."
- "Perhaps it is already in your house."
- "We who live in a world lacking forgiveness offer up our souls as a tribute for redemption."
- "People are sly and unable to save their own souls. That is why Judgement Bird came to us."
- "Few realize their own sin. The scale of Judgement Bird guides them to awareness of this."
- "Judgement Bird was once a guardian of the forest. However, it forgot one of the most important things, as it was singleminded in protecting the creatures."
- "Now, only darkness reigns over the forest."
- His ability allows him to hang all types of employees, even with different states, like Possessed ones.
- The E.G.O. Gift actually gives the double of Stats of 6, instead of 3.
- Judgement Bird appeared briefly near the end of the teaser trailer, being an Unreleased Abnormality at the time, along with other Abnormalities.
- Judgement Bird is the Abnormality with more alternative and name changes in-game, the others being Tall Bird (Legacy) and Bird of Judgement (per 184.108.40.206e).
- Judgement Bird, Big Bird and Punishing Bird are the first Abnormalities to summon another Abnormality by an event.
- Judgement Bird is one of the Abnormalities that include some story about other Abnormalities: Big Bird through his encyclopedia entries and Punishing Bird by Angela's quote (From the Legacy).
- Judgement Bird was changed from HE Risk Level to WAW in the version 0.1.0.0b.
- Before the second observation level is reached, Judgement Bird will be called as "Long Bird".
- The designs of both the abnormality itself and its E.G.O gift, is a reference to the concept and phrase "Justice is blind"