"I’ll hang his head over my bed. Only then can I get up in the morning without having a nightmare."
- Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary's Entry
Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary (F-01-57), or Little Red for short, is a humanoid Abnormality in the form of a female mercenary. Along with black clothes and bandages, she wears a red hood and covers half her face with a teeth-like mask. Only a single yellow eye can be seen from her face. She has several scars on her body, and seems to have blood near her feet. When in combat, she wields shotgun-like pistols, and a scythe-like dagger.
She is one of two unique Abnormalities in the game to have a counterpart or rivalry, the other counterpart Abnormality being Big and Will be Bad Wolf.
- When an Abnormality breaches, the counter is reduced by 1. It doesn't include Punishing Bird's breaching.
- When an employee who finished a task on Big and Will be Bad Wolf works on Little Red, the counter will be decreased by 1.
- If Big and Will be Bad Wolf howls near her containment unit while she is in there, her Qliphoth Counter will drop to 0 and she will breach immediately.
The player can order a Request, which replaces her Attachment work. The Request consists in bringing up a 'Wanted' sign, covering the cursor. The player can place it on a breaching Abnormality and pay a cost in Energy, increasing by 40 for each stage of the Risk Level: 80 for TETH, 120 for HE, 160 for WAW, and 200 for ALEPH. The respective target will be Marked with Little Red's mark and she will then run to their location to suppress it.
She has good HP at 1000 and Movement Speed, and possesses several attacks. Her target will have a mark, similar to a yellow eye floating above the respective entity, which she will chase through the facility until it is suppressed or she is suppressed. Her attacks can still damage employees in the line of fire. Her attacks include:
- A simple slice attack with her dagger, dealing (9~12) Red Damage.
- A double attack with her dagger, dealing twice as much (9~12) Red Damage.
- Tossing her dagger towards a target, dealing (7~13) Red Damage to every target that gets hit by the dagger. The dagger will stop when reaching the end of the room. She doesn't need to recover the dagger to continue attacking.
- All attacks with her dagger will apply a "Bleeding effect", the bleeding effect last for some seconds, but will end as soon as she damages the victim again, dealing additional damage on her next attack with her guns, the amount of damage is based on which attack with her dagger she used before to apply the bleeding effect (it will inflict 5 Red Damage if it was a simple slice, 10 Red Damage if it was a double slice and 15 Red Damage if it was a dagger toss).
- When her target is out of melee range, she can equip 2 guns and fire them towards her marked target while walking slowly towards it, dealing (15~18) Red Damage to all the targets in front her. She will stop and perform other attacks while getting to melee range to her marked target, and if the target leaves the room, she will speed up but continue to attack until leaving the room completely.
- A long-range shot with her gun, dealing (15~18) Red Damage to every target in front her.
When the target Abnormality is suppressed or when she is defeated, she will return to her containment room.
If her Qliphoth Counter is depleted, she will breach and become hostile against employees. She will mark the first employee or entity that she sees, attacking and chasing them until they die, moving to another nearby target in sight. She will continue breaching until subdued or the day ends. If she marks an employee, the target can be removed by working on an abnormality.
If she encounters the Big and Will be Bad Wolf in the same room, she will go 'Berserk', with red flames around her. From this point, she will only focus on the wolf until one of them is defeated. Her attack power and Movement Speed is increased in this state by a factor of 1.5. If she defeats the wolf, any employees that the wolf has eaten will be released and given an E.G.O. Gift called 'Sheepskin' that increases HP by 9 and decreases SP by 3. However, if another entity steals the kill of the wolf, she will stay in this state until suppressed.
Little Red is assumed to follow the same origins of the tale of the same name, and the twist in her story may have occurred when facing the Big Bad Wolf at the end of the tale. Although it is unknown what happened at the end, her scars probably were the outcome of such an event. After losing her eye to the wolf and failing to kill them, her desire for intense revenge was fueled. Afterward, she left her previous life to become a wandering mercenary, probably at the age of 15 or higher, training and working for contracts, without any place to stay. Where she got her weapons are unknown.
Where Little Red was found and how she arrived at the facility is still unknown, but she might've wanted to find the wolf in the facility.
Like all Abnormalities, her energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Little Red's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-8 E Boxes will cause her to feel Distressed, completing 9-16 will cause her to feel Normal, and 17-20 will make her mood result Happy. Her usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds and its Qliphoth Counter is 3.
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "Requesting Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary to suppress escaping Abnormalities or manifested Ordeals is a very useful resource. However, making such a request is not free."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When <name>, who had previously worked with F-02-58 completed the Work Process with Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary, the Qliphoth Counter decreased."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "The Qliphoth Counter decreased every time an Abnormality escaped. However, it did not respond to the escape of O-02-56."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "When F-02-58 howled near Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary’s Containment Unit, the Qliphoth Counter immediately dropped to 0."
- "Managerial Tips 5"
- "Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary became enraged and displayed much more aggressive behavior than usual when it encountered F-02-58."
- "Managerial Tips 6"
- "When someone suppressed F-02-58 without allowing Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary to land the killing blow, Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary began to attack those around it indiscriminately."
Unlocks the E.G.O. Gift 'Crimson Scar'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon and Suit 'Crimson Scar'.
- "I'm a pro. If you make a request, then I might help you. I used to be expensive, but I'll cut you some slack here, under one condition. Hand that dreadful, cunning bastard over to me if you ever see him. I’ll hang his head over my bed. Only then can I get up in the morning without having a nightmare.”
- "An imposing Abnormality taking the form of a female warrior with a striking red hood. Her frayed hood has initials embroidered on it, unreadable due to the damage the hood has taken. Many patches can be seen on the hood, suggesting that it's been well-worn. According to her own claims, she used to be a mercenary before coming to this facility, wandering around without fixed residence. She does not trust others easily, and has an extreme fondness for battle.
- She is unusually uncomfortable with parts of her face and body being exposed, or looking at a mirror. Other numerous symptoms of paranoia have been observed in her behavior. She has a strong desire to resolve emergency situations when they break out. She calls it “a request” of some kind. Since this behavior consequently helps management, the company recommended putting it to use depending on the situation."
※ The following contains information that employees of every level should note.
However, when she encounters the “Big Bad Wolf”, the situation will change drastically. She will undergo several psychological transitions including sudden depersonalization and intermittent explosive disorder. This encounter will lead to serious collateral damage, so it is advised to avoid any case where the two may face each other."
- "Between us, there's no victory to be won. All I think about is how I'll kill that bastard in a way more gruesome and painful than the last time. Thus, there's no toasts to raise. There's no deliciously baked cakes to eat, or wine to drink. I got used to grinding the axe instead of picking flowers when I was 15.” "
- "Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary is waiting for a contract as always. She’s waiting for the smell of fresh blood."
- " “Tell me if you ever see that furry bastard. The price of my handiwork will be completely free the day I get to chop that damned thing’s head off comes.” "
- "As it turns out, Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary is much more capable at suppressing Abnormalities than most of our employees are."
- "Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary tends to spend the entire day grinding her axe if nothing important occurs."
- "Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary asked for someplace to practice her marksmanship, but the staff strongly rejected it."
- "When Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary engages in combat, you’ll be able to see her numerous small wounds and large scars between the fluttering of her hood."
- "Many of our employees wonder how Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary got her scars; few and far between are brave enough to ask."
- "Everything ends when she finally faces the wolf."
- "The fight has been ongoing for a long, long time. Her disgust for the wolf deepens by the second."
- The Abnormality is a reference to the fairy tale of the same name, Little Red Riding Hood.
- This Abnormality has been reworked along with its rival after the Legacy version, with a minor addition to her appearance and reworked animations.
- Before version 0.3.0.9, her counter decrease method upon a certain amount of Abnormalities breached did include Punishing Bird, which caused her to breach more often due to Punishing Bird's method of breaching, making it the first balance made based on another Abnormality.
- It has been confirmed by one of the developers that the Abnormality's design is based (at least partially) off of Bloodborne.
- Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary's Aberration, Blue Smocked Shepherd, is first seen in episode 06 of Wonderlab as the first example of an aberration to be introduced, with them later appearing again in episode 36. Their E.G.O. is most notably worn by the Head of the Control Department, Joel.