"...That's not a flower. Order all the employees nearby to evacuate immediately."
- Meat Lantern's Entry
Meat Lantern (O-04-84) is a small white mound with two round eyes, on the ground of the containment room with a glowing flower coming off of it, the center of the flower is similar to a light blub or the light of an angler fish. The rest of the Abnormality is buried underground.
Its ability will trigger once its Qliphoth Counter reaches 0. Its Qliphoth Counter can decrease by 1 when getting a Bad Work Result or by finishing any work before 40 seconds (Including interruptions like panic).
When the counter reaches 0, it will breach, moving into a random hallway with Containment Units. It will hide under the ground, with only the flower and a few white hairs visible. When an employee walks over the white hairs surrounding the flower, the Abnormality will reveal its true form, giant jaws popping up and eating the employee, dealing a large amount of Red Damage (500).
The Abnormality has low HP at 330, and remains in its current location for the duration of its breach. Employees will not 'detect' it breaching, so they will not attempt to suppress the Abnormality once they are in the same hallway, and the hallway will lack the red border indicative of a breach. Suppression cannot be ordered by selecting the containment unit when breaching, and can only be suppressed by selecting the Abnormality itself. Its HP bar is not visible when breaching.
The details of its origin are currently unknown.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Meat Lantern's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-6 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 7-10 will cause it to feel Normal, and 11-14 will make it's mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 7 seconds and its Qliphoth Counter is 1.
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level ( TETH), portrait, Damage Type ( White 1 - 3), the amount of E-Boxes (14), their emotional state and Qliphoth Counter.
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "When the work result was Bad, the Qliphoth Counter lowered."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When the work took less than 40 seconds to complete, the Qliphoth Counter lowered."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "The facility’s systems and the employees will be unable to detect the Abnormality when it escapes. Thus the manager will need to manually pinpoint it and order suppression directly."
Unlocks the E.G.O. Gift 'Lantern'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon and Suit 'Lantern'.
- "It's always under the floor of the Containment Unit, only showing its eyes and a mysterious luminous organ above the ground."
- "There's no way to confirm what it looks like in its entirety. As it moves underground, not through the hallway, it is impossible to predict its path when breaching. For the same reason, its escape cannot be detected."
- <Excerpt from Voice Records>
- "Lloyd: You're located near the Information Team right? I've heard that some employees went missing around that area. Would you mind checking to see if there's any Abnormalities causing spatial interference?
- Paul: What? But there's no such Abnormality around here. I don't detect any breaching Abnormalities either.
- Lloyd: Look everywhere.
- Paul: Well, Lloyd, there's no sign of any Abnormality, but I do see a small flower on the ground.
- Lloyd: What are you on about? What flower?
- Paul: The bud is glowing, it's amazing. It's strange finding something so green here, when we don't even get sunlight... It's so bright, other employees came over to look at the flower too. You need to come and see it... The light is so bright and warm... I feel like something good is about to happen...
- Lloyd: ...That's not a flower. Order all the employees nearby to evacuate immediately. Do not run away in a group; you have to slowly escape one by one, with quiet steps...
- Paul: What are you talking about, I thought I told you there's nothing nearby... Wait, I think I just felt a slight tremor beneath my feet. Is someone fixing the pipes today?
- Lloyd: Ah, screw it. Just enjoy looking at that flower all you want..."
- "Meat Lantern watches <name> with its mysteriously luminous organ protruding out of the ground."
- "Not a single employee has seen Meat Lantern’s full form."
- "If Meat Lantern completely gets out of its Containment Unit, our corporation may collapse."
- Meat Lantern and Dimensional Refraction Variant are the only abnormalities that are undetectable during escape.
- Its E.G.O. Weapon has no description. It is unknown whether this is intentional or not.
- The game file for its encyclopedia is titled Bunny_en.