"She was so talkative before, yet in the end, loneliness was the only listener."
- Old Lady
"I hope she doesn’t tell that awful story again..."
- An Agent assigned to interact with Old Lady
The Old Lady (O-01-12) is a white-skinned, black-eyed elderly woman in a rocking chair. She wears a long, faded blue skirt, a faded purple blouse, and a white bonnet.
- She is being worked on when another abnormality's work finishes.
- She is on the cooldown timer that comes right after her work is completed.
Solitude (Employee Alteration)
Once Old Lady's Qliphoth Counter is depleted, her containment room will be filled with "solitude". If any employee enters the room, this solitude will attach to them, immediately forcing them out of the room - clearing the room of the effect and restoring her counter.
The employee that the solitude is attached to will go Out of Control, suffering (4~6) White Damage every 6 seconds for 30 seconds and being unable to move, as well as to perform works or do actions until the solitude disappears.
The details of her origin are currently unknown.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Old Lady's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-5 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 6-10 will cause it to feel Normal, and 10-14 will make it's mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds. Its Qliphoth Counter is 4.
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level ( TETH), portrait, Damage Type ( White 1 - 3), the amount of E-Boxes (14), emotional state and their Qliphoth counter.
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "When an Abnormality other than Old Lady was worked with, the Qliphoth Counter lowered."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When the Qliphoth Counter reached 0, black shapes formed inside the Containment Unit. We’ve decided to dub these shapes “solitude” based on the condition in which they form."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "When the solitude piled up, it stuck to <name> when they entered the Containment Unit."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "<name> had to deal with continuous WHITE damage until the solitude eventually fell off. Until it was gone, they could not move or do any work."
Unlocks the E.G.O. Suit and Gift 'Solitude'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon 'Solitude'.
- "An Abnormality taking the form of an old and feeble woman. Anytime someone enters its Containment Unit, it will talk to that person."
- "What it tells differs from time to time, however, it will always commence with “Dearie, dearie, would you like to hear a story?”. This story could be a lullaby, an unspecified poem, a nursery rhyme, a common children’s story, or something entirely new.
- It knows every children’s story and will not stop recounting until the listener finally leaves"
- <Excerpt from Counseling Records>
" “She may be the loneliest of all the Abnormalities. She’s filled with loneliness, and tells her tales to fill that void. Well, every story needs a listener. When someone enters her room, she’ll try to fill that void. Of course, listening to her is a very dangerous thing. She knows every story on Earth and even those that cannot possibly exist. Our minds can’t cope with such a thing. She could fry your brain in an instant.” "
- "Inside of Old Lady’s unit, a suffocating silence draws near."
- "The stillness that encroaches upon the room is broken by the horrible creaking of the rocking chair."
- "Old Lady’s rocking chair, which stands atop an unnaturally mold-covered floor, creaks."
- "Being unable to bear the stories Old Lady recounts, the floor and walls of the Containment Unit have cracked here and there."
- "An old curse permeates Old Lady’s tales."
- "Old Lady’s soul faded away in solitude long ago."
- "Her numerous stories once fascinated people, but after a long time, a curse has seeped into her tales."
- "Her stories are poisonous things. They infiltrate all those who surround and listen, leading them into an unbearable world."
- "Old Lady is deaf and nearly blind, yet she still recognizes the presence of <name>."
- "Old Lady doesn’t need to look at <name>. They’ll look at her once she begins storytelling anyhow."
- "Conversation is meaningless to Old Lady. All she needs is an audience… <name>."
- "<name> has finished their designated work. They scamper out of Old Lady’s Containment Unit quickly."
- "<name> leaves the unit after finishing up their work. The solitude that replaces their presence will be filled with Old Lady’s stories."
- "Before Old Lady’s ever-winding story began, <name> managed to finish their work quickly to get out of there safely."
When using her ability
- "Old Lady starts a conversation with <name>."
- " “Dearie, dearie… would you like to hear a story?” "
- " “Near a woodpile, near a woodpile…”
- " “Near there you met your father…” "
- " “You tore off his head and drank his blood…” "
- " “You killed him on Friday, and buried him Sunday.” "
When an Agent is assigned to work with Old Lady
- "I hope she doesn’t tell that awful story again…"
- "Dammit, she drives me crazy with those tales."
- "I’d rather go deaf than have to listen to those fables again."
- Old Lady's shadow isn't exactly where it should be. The shadow is on the wall instead of on the floor.