"It feeds on the “evil” that seeps out during conversations between people."
- One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds (O-03-03), commonly referred to as One Sin, is a relatively harmless Abnormality that is in the shape of a levitating cross, seemingly melded with a skull, both of which are bound tightly together by a thorn crown.
One Sin will always be the first Abnormality the player gets.
One Sin has no Qliphoth Counter, nor does it breach. The only negative effect it potentially has is its mercifully meager White damage when a Negative Enkephalin box is generated. It is uniquely almost entirely beneficial to the facility.
Its special ability restores 4 points of SP of the agent who was working on it if the Work Result is Good. If the employee collects all the 10 E-Boxes, One Sin will heal 4 points of SP of all the Employees in the department.
If WhiteNight has breached, all work types on the Abnormality will be changed to a Special work, Confess, and the player can only use the 12th Apostle, the heretic, to confess their sins to One Sin and defeat WhiteNight instantly, but its E.G.O. Weapon will not be granted.
The details of its origin are currently unknown.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds' emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-3 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 4-7 will cause it to feel Normal, and 8-10 will make it's mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds.
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds will restore the employee’s mental state when the work result is Good. <name>, who received this benediction, commented that it felt refreshing."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "After the maximum number of PE-Boxes was produced with One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds, it restored the mental health of every employee in the department."
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not. "Non Escaped Object"
Unlocks an E.G.O. Gift 'Penitence'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Suit 'Penitence'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon 'Penitence'.
- "A silent Abnormality that understands the conflict between good and evil. Its empty eye sockets stare at all those who encounter it.
- A giant skull that is attached to a cross, it wears a crown of thorns. It floats about 2 meters above the ground."
- "While its appearance is bizarre, it is rare to record an incident of violence against employees involving this Abnormality."
- "It feeds on the “evil” that seeps out during conversations between people. The assigned employee must kneel before it (standing appears to be acceptable) and present their “evil” by confessing their sins to it. The way it feeds is unknown."
- <Excerpt from Experiment Records>
- "We have cataloged the sins a person can commit into three levels.
- Level 1: A small lie or action that either goes unnoticed or can be shared in jest.
- Level 2: Sins that are more serious and only shared with the closest of friends.
- Level 3: Sins so profound that they cannot be shared with anyone. These will be taken to the grave.
- Employee <Redacted> had been assigned to confess a Level 1 sin. Energy production via the Abnormality increased by 12%.
- Employee <Redacted> was assigned to confess a Level 2 sin. Energy production via the Abnormality increased by 15%.
- We assigned employee <Redacted> to confess a Level 3 sin. 1 minute and 48 seconds after the employee was sent in, a bright flash of light was seen. The light was so bright that it could be seen outside of the Containment Unit. Immediately following the light, there was a facility-wide power outage. The phenomena lasted for 2 hours. Employee <Redacted> lost 6 years of their memory.
- Further experiments were canceled. Scientific ethics decree that all footage of those who participated in the experiment is to be kept sealed. However, the incident left us no choice but to review the footage of the Containment Unit."
- "Employee <Redacted>: "This happened during <Redacted> at around 4:00 PM. Anyways, there was a railway about 20 minutes from my house. Some of my good friends and I decided to dress as forest animals. One of us chose to go as a deer. It was a crude costume, it could hardly be called one to be honest. Just a pair of clumsily made antlers and a dark outfit with some deer-like spots on it. (Omitted)
- I don't know how our ‘deer’ friend wandered into the woods. We didn't even notice he was missing for maybe an hour. We searched for him and finally found him in some bushes. We called out his name, and I'm not sure if it was from relief of finally finding us or what but he started sprinting towards us.
- And that's when we heard it; the gunshots. Bang! Bang! Bang! When I came to my senses, I saw his blood splattered all the way to my feet. After that, not one of us dressed up as an animal ever again. That’s all. By the way, is this really supposed to work?" "
- <Observation Log #4_435>
"Its eye sockets are empty. It is a skull after all. But I doubt it’s blind. It certainly has its gaze fixed on me, and I can somehow feel that it’s listening to me. Confessing to it does lighten my heart, admittedly."
- "Afterwards, we investigated the incident in the employee’s hometown to get a better picture. We learned that a boy named Justin was shot and killed in a deer costume by hunters during hunting season. Unlike the employee’s confession, Justin was repeatedly bullied by other kids. Witnesses said they heard the kids shout “Run Justin, run!" right before the gunshot. After the incident, the kids at the scene moved out of town, and deer hunting was banned in the area."
- <Excerpt from Abnormality Research Log X-392>
"Honestly, you can’t expect all of our employees to give honest confessions to that skull. Around every one in ten employees will tend to say something that is not completely true. It’s a bit different from a lie. You can say that it’s a subconscious excuse they make.
- They distort perspectives to justify their actions, even though they are aware that they should be telling the truth. Once this happens, the confession is no longer truly a confession. Yes, I’m talking about you trying to justify your tardiness for 5 minutes now!"
- "<name> is understandably terrified of entering the Containment Unit."
- "Depending on the situation, One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds may have a positive effect on employees."
- "It may be best to send an “honest” employee to tend to One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds."
- "One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds can see straight through you."
- "One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds awaits humanity’s sin."
- "The sins of <name> shall reach One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds soon."
- "At times, One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds will menacingly click its teeth, but it’s nothing to worry about."
- "One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds floats gently in the air, moving sluggishly."
- "Although One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds has no eyes, it recognizes the presence of <name> in the room."
- "One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds is your punisher."
- "<name> witnesses the solemnity of One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds, and reveres it."
- "<name> has completed the task, but One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds was indifferent."
- "As <name>’s work proceeded, One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds did not respond at all."
- "<name> failed to elicit a response from One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds."
- "To be willing to bear pain is half the atonement."
- "Only those who deceive themselves can live truly happy lives. Ignorance is bliss."
- "Is it not possible to just once forgive an act of evil, as long as the intentions behind it were pure?"
Activating its ability
- "<name> confesses about missing work to One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds."
- "<name> confesses about lying to their parents to One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds."
- "<name> confesses about being jealous of a friend to One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds."
- "<name> confessed about “The Incident of Last July” to One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds."
- "Punishment shall begin to rain down."
- "Eternal guilt will likely be the greatest of all punishments for <name>."
When an employee panics during work
- "All thoughts are extinguished from <name>. Agony and anxiety press upon them, with no outlet."
- One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds is a reference to Christianity. The religious figure, Jesus Christ, wore a crown of thorns as a form of torture and mockery, as a reference to his status among the Romans as King of the Jews, and was nailed to a cross to pay for the sins of mankind.
- Likewise, the name "One Sin" is a reference to the Christian concept of Original Sin.
- While working with One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds sometimes music will play. The song is the "Dies Irae", which is about the Last Judgement where upon the sound of trumpets all souls are judged by God to either go to Heaven or Hell.
- One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds is the easiest Abnormality to care for, as it only needs any type of work to collect energy and doesn't inflict much damage at all when failing at work.
- If a facility is reset to day one before an abnormality can be placed into a department, it will take the place of One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds.