“I shall heal you, curing you of all disease and injury you possess.”
- Plague Doctor's Entry
Plague Doctor (O-01-45) is a humanoid creature that wears a round top hat, a plague doctor mask, and a long black cloak around his body. His arms are replaced with black wings that extend down his sides. His attire is similar to that of a European plague doctor during the 14th century, when the bubonic plague broke out.
Ability[edit | edit source]
The ability needs one Agent to be in its containment unit. If it was triggered by its Good result, the agent finishing the work will be the target of the ability. Otherwise, a random Agent will be possessed and brought to its containment. If the possessed agent dies, another will be chosen afterwards. Its ability consist in performing a 'Baptism' on the employee, taking some time to perform before the effects are applied. So passing the day, a reset, memory repository, or exiting the game occurs before the baptism finishes, the effects, everything below, will not be applied to the employee.
When the baptism is finished, an old-fashioned clock will appear on screen, and the name of the employee who was baptized will appear beside a number in increasing order, starting from 1 up to 12, along with some text at the bottom. In addition, the employee will be fully healed and given the E.G.O. Gift "Bless", that increases all the stats by 6. The employee that was added to the clock and has the Gift on them cannot work on the Plague Doctor. Resetting on the same day that the Agent(s) received the gift will remove it, but the clock counter will remain and the agent will still be unable to work with Plague Doctor.
Plague Doctor's appearance will change as it blesses more employees, and will remain in its current appearance and remember how many employees it has blessed, even in new runs starting from day 1 and restarting back to previous checkpoints.
When the Plague Doctor has 'Blessed' twelve employees, it transforms into WhiteNight, and mutates all twelve blessed employees into Abnormalities/Minions called Apostles. The same clock of before will appear, moving the camera to each employee blessed in order, transforming them. After the Plague Doctor has transformed, the player is no longer able to change the speed, open the manual, or open the game menu until subdued, ends in Game Over or the day ends. The clock only appears when WhiteNight transform. From that moment on, it will no longer appear when breaching.
Plague Doctor may switch containment rooms randomly with any other Abnormalities, each Day, after a retry, return to Memory Repository Day. This may cause confusion, annoyance in some departments. The change is at the start of the day, in the Deployment Phase, so the player can check the Abnormalities and change agents if Plague Doctor swapped with another Abnormality.
Origin[edit | edit source]
The details of its origin are currently unknown, though it's been said it came to the facility of its own free will. It is thought to have biblical origins due to it's second form.
Details[edit | edit source]
Like all Abnormalities, his energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Plague Doctor's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-3 E Boxes will cause him to feel Distressed, completing 4-6 will cause it to feel Normal, and 7-10 will make it's mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds and its Qliphoth Counter is 1.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level ( ZAYIN), portrait, Damage Type ( White 1 - 2), the amount of E-Boxes (10), their emotional state and Qliphoth Counter.
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "When the work result was Bad, the Qliphoth Counter decreased."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When the work result was Good, the Qliphoth Counter lowered. Plague Doctor then blessed the employee who worked with it."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "When a Trumpet Level 2 emergency occurred, the Qliphoth Counter lowered."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "When the Qliphoth Counter reached 0, some employees heard Plague Doctor’s calling and went to its Containment Unit to be blessed."
- "Managerial Tips 5"
- "Those who have been kissed by Plague Doctor shall be reborn as the blessed."
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not, plus its Qliphoth Counter (1). "Non Escaped Object". Actually unobtainable in its current form. Is unlocked after unlocking WhiteNight's Escape information.
|Work||Level 1 Chance||Level 2 Chance||Level 3 Chance||Level 4 Chance||Level 5 Chance|
Observation Level[edit | edit source]
The E.G.O. Gift 'Bless' can be obtained by Plague Doctor blessing an Agent.
E.G.O. Equipment[edit | edit source]
Story[edit | edit source]
- "Wears a black fedora and a beaked mask. Has huge black wings instead of arms or legs. It is capable of human communication, though it prefers to talk little. It came to this facility by itself, claiming that the world has contracted a dreadful disease only it is able to cure. We could not find anything about this “disease” it refers to.
- It seems to like treating employees when they are injured or sick. It shows satisfaction when helping others, and it seems quite sympathetic and benevolent. Even after a week of observation, we found no aggression, violence, or attempt to escape. Only contributions to the assumption that this Abnormality is eminently “gentle” (12 of our employees used this word to describe this creature) and good for us."
- "Employee Alex, who had a serious scar on his forehead from subduing an Abnormality, walked into this Abnormality's chamber with his scar's recovery incomplete. The Abnormality, which normally isn't loquacious, started talking as soon as it saw the employee's scar."
- <Observation Record_1>
- "The Abnormality asked: “Why have you not treated that scar?”
- Alex replied: “I had no time, so I just gave it a little bit of first aid.”
- Then the Plague Doctor answered: “I shall heal you, curing you of all disease and injury you possess.”
Alex came out of the chamber with his scar completely healed."
Flavour Text[edit | edit source]
- "Plague Doctor states that he came to this facility of his own volition."
- "Plague Doctor relieves the distressed of their agonies, grants freedom to those who are locked inside themselves, and looks after the broken."
- "Plague Doctor once visited a village suffering from an unknown disease."
- "It was dawn when this mysterious doctor, who kept himself nameless, appeared."
- "When all had abandoned hope, the masked man who called himself a doctor arrived."
- "<name> is perfectly comfortable with going to Plague Doctor’s Containment Unit."
- "<name> becomes very relieved when visiting Plague Doctor’s Containment Unit."
- "<name> wishes all Abnormalities were as serene and calm as Plague Doctor."
- "Plague Doctor has a gentle, crooning voice, and likes to treat those who are wounded."
- "Plague Doctor wishes to simply meditate alone or take care of others."
- "Plague Doctor speaks: “I am here to treat disease. When the day comes, find me. I shall be more than willing to help you.” "
- "Plague Doctor states: “There is nothing behind my mask; flesh is bound to the flow of time, but the soul is immortal." "
- "Plague Doctor declares: “I will save your life from destruction and raise you from the end of the world. Place your trust in me.” "
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Plague Doctor is the first ZAYIN abnormality to have a Qliphoth Counter.
- "Plague Doctor" is a reference towards the doctors during the great plague and centuries there after between 1340-1500. The beak of the uniform were filled with ointment to prevent disease to spread by smell.
- "Plague Doctor" could also be a reference to Christian text of Messiah healing the wounded and treating the sick.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- When a custom agent, with an edited name, works on the Plague Doctor and gets added to the clock, their name on the clock will be randomized after, but not excluded to, a reset, memory repository, day pass, and exiting and re-enter the game.
- When the Plague Doctor switches with an abnormality, it's possible that the positioning of certain items (trees) and the employee will end up being incorrect. (E.g. When swapping places with The Firebird, the tree that the bird is perched on will be in the Plague Doctor's room instead of the containment room that the The Firebird is in. The positioning of the object or employee is corrected when the Plague Doctor switches with a different abnormality the next day or during a reset.)