"Now it's time for my head to burst. Good day."
- Porccubus' Entry
Porccubus (O-02-98) is a creature with a long green plant body with a form similar to a mix of a serpent and a stem, covered with light yellow spines, and has a red flower with a yellow center at one of the ends as a head, with two small round eyes near the middle. It possesses a necklace around its 'neck' with a red gem. When breaching or using its ability, a small bulb like part covered with spines will appear on its 'tail.'
- Getting a Good work result with it increase its counter by 1.
- Getting a Bad work result with it decrease its counter by 1.
After the counter reaches 0, it will breach, teleporting out of the containment room into a random hallway in the facility. It will stay idle in its current position until an employee gets close enough to it. It possess high HP at 830 and inflicts White Damage at close range when attacking. Employees with Temperance Level 3 or below will receive 9~24 White Damage from its attacks, Employees with Temperance Level 4 will receive 3~8 White Damage, while Employees with Temperance Level 5 will only receive 1~4 White Damage. Only employees in its attack range will be able to deal damage to it (that is to say, melee weapons are the best option in dealing with Porccubus), and it is immune to ranged attacks. Employees who panic as a result of its attack will die, laughing madly before the head bursts. It will continue to breach until suppressed or the day ends. When defeated, it will deflate and make a sound similar to a balloon.
Its origin is currently unknown.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) gained at the end of the interaction.
Porccubus's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Gaining 0-8 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, gaining 9-14 will cause it to feel Normal, and gaining 15-18 will make it Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds. Its Qliphoth Counter is 2.
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "When the work result was Good, the Qliphoth Counter increased."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When the work result was Bad, the Qliphoth Counter decreased."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "When employees with Temperance Level 3 or lower had a Good work result, they died."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "Employees with Temperance Level 3 or lower will receive massive WHITE damage from Porccubus’s attacks when it escapes."
- "Managerial Tips 5"
- "Porccubus was unaffected by any attack dealt to it from outside of its reach."
Unlocks the E.G.O. Gift 'Pleasure'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Suit 'Pleasure'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon 'Pleasure'.
- "<Time for the head to burst>
To be frank, life in this place isn't so great. The company says they provide healthy hobbies, but not many people engage in that notion. Everyone looks for their own escape; be it violence, gambling, gluttony...
I thought I had strength in self-control and discipline compared to others. It did help me live a smoother life. Maybe that's the reason I was assigned to Porccubus' Containment Unit.
Yes, Porccubus. Where the lowest of the low employees visit. I've heard a bit about what other employees do in that Containment Unit. They call it the "game of trust". A game of trust, what an elegant thing to name it."
According to other employees, it wouldn't be too difficult to become intimate with it. And once I get along with it, I could acquire all of it with ease. They said when the time comes, Porccubus will lean down so that I easily reach the thorns. It didn't take long until I got to where I could pet it."
When I first touched its thorns, it felt quite prickly. It felt like a giant needle penetrated my skin. Though there wasn’t any bleeding and the pain went away after a moment. Then there it was, the most intense happiness you'd ever experience. It'd make your knees weak. When I snapped out of it, I found myself drooling.
It scared me, so I didn't go back for a while. Then, the situation gets worse. You'll get withdrawal symptoms, like retching or sweating. Different employees show different symptoms. One employee even pulled out all their teeth because they felt like bugs were crawling all over them."
- "How it felt? I can't find the words to describe it. Remember the greatest happiness you've ever felt in your life? This feeling would be hundreds of times better.
You say I'm the last employee in charge of Porccubus? That's understandable, as the brain craves more intense stimulation. At first, all I had to do was be lightly pricked by one of the thorns. Now I have to rub my whole body against it to get the same high.
I feel like all the blood in my body will rush to my head, eventually bursting it. I’ve already imagined my head bursting thousands of times anyhow."
- "I have to get going, it's almost time for work. Actually, I’m drenched with sweat right now, did you notice?
Oh, and Porccubus doesn't show any aggression, unlike your speculation. It didn't eat us or bite our heads off or anything. All the corpses were smiling... happily? That's all. It just makes people smile "until death".
No one is to blame. We have to go through hell every day. We're just having a small taste of heaven."
- "You know what? I feel sorry for you. You've never felt these feelings and you never will, but you have to interview an employee on the edge like me while pretending to be decent.
Now it's time for my head to burst. Good day."
- "When the game of trust with Porccubus reaches its maximum, it will gently pet your head with the thorns on its tail."
- "They say the pleasure it provides exceeds the amount a human can bear, but there is no one who can explain how it truly feels."
- "Porccubus has a shackle-like necklace around its neck. Nobody knows who tied it up."
- "Some employees who were addicted to Porccubus’s pleasure tried to pull out its thorns, but failed."
- The name "Porccubus" could possibly be a combination of the words "Porcupine" and "Succubus".
- Its subject classification was the same as Alriune's until v 0.3.0.7e.
- It is most likely based on the opium poppy, which was spread in Asia as an addictive drug.
- In the English release, there is a translation error in Managerial Tip 1. The tip says that a Good work result decreases Qliphoth Counter, but in reality, a Good work result would increase the Qliphoth Counter. This is probably due to the fact it had the same subject classification as Alriune (pre v 0.3.0.7e). This has since been corrected with the English retranslation.