"People have been committing sins since long ago. "Why do they commit sins, knowing it's wrong?" "
- Punishing Bird's Entry
Punishing Bird (O-02-56), also known as "Small Bird", is a small, white-feathered bird with small wings and a red mark on its chest. While in its containment room, it rests on a black perch. Punishing Bird changes its appearance to appear fully red while being suppressed.
Ability[edit | edit source]
- 20% chance to decrease when another work in the facility starts (Including Tools), except when Punishing Bird is being worked with.
- When an Agent in the facility panics.
Upon depletion, it will breach and go to a random agent and selected the closest agent on its path, preferring panicked agents. It possesses fast Movement Speed and a low amount of HP at 200. To normal agents, its attacks for a small amount of Red Damage (0-1) for 3 seconds only if there are nearby agents in the area. It will move from agent to agent and will stop after it accumulates a certain total of damage (8~13 Red Damage), returning to its containment. If it's attacking a panicked employee, its attacks will heal the Agent (3-5 SP). Agents and Clerks will not automatically suppress the Abnormality once they are in the same room but Fear Damage will still be applied.
If Punishing Bird is hit by an Agent, including reflected damage by the E.G.O. Weapon from Dream of a Black Swan, the Abnormality becomes red and its HP will increase from 200 to 1000; its normal "pecking" attack changes to a large "jaw" attack, which will do an extremely heavy amount of Red Damage (800-1200) to the Agent that attacked it first. If the attack hits, it will return back to its containment and if not, then will continue to chase the Agent who attacked it. It won't switch targets and cannot be suppressed when returning. Ordering that Agent to work on an Abnormality won't stop Punishing Bird. Punishing Bird will stay in its Red color until it returns to its containment, returning to its normal form. If the target avoids Punishing Bird for about a minute, Punishing Bird will give up and return to containment voluntarily.
Origin[edit | edit source]
Punishing Bird was a bird who lived its whole life in the Black Forest, with Big Bird and Bird of Judgement. The birds decided to protect the forest from a prophecy which said that the forest will be never the same after some terrible events, ending with a monster devouring everything. Punishing Bird decided to punish the bad creatures with its beak, but someone said 'Your beak is so small. None will find your punishment painful'. Punishing Bird, worried, grew a mouth so it could devour any creature in a single bite. As time passed, the efforts of the birds brought bad rumors of the forest, until one day, when the forest was about to fall into total disorder, the birds decide to merge their strengths together to form a new bird, but the result created chaos, and they ended their task alone in the forest.
After the events, Punishing Bird left the forest to never return. Is unknown where Punishing Bird was found or how it arrived at the facility.
Details[edit | edit source]
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Punishing Bird's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-4 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 5-8 will cause it to feel Normal, and 9-12 will result in it being Happy. His usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds. Its Qliphoth Counter is 4.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level ( TETH), portrait, Damage Type ( Red 2 - 3), the amount of E-Boxes (12), emotional state and their Qliphoth Counter (4).
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "When an employee entered the Containment Unit of another Abnormality, Punishing Bird’s Qliphoth Counter lowered with a normal probability."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When <name> fell into a panic, Punishing Bird’s Qliphoth Counter lowered."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "Punishing Bird voluntarily returned to its containment after a panicking employee returned to normal; it also returned after a period of time had passed."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "<name> was ordered to suppress Punishing Bird. When they tried to attack it, the central portion of the Abnormality split and <Redacted>. Afterward, <name> was confirmed to have died. The suppression ended in failure."
|Work||Level 1 Chance||Level 2 Chance||Level 3 Chance||Level 4 Chance||Level 5 Chance|
||"Low"||"Low"||"Very Low"||"Very Low"||"Very Low"|
Observation Level[edit | edit source]
Unlocks the E.G.O. Gift 'Beak'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon and Suit 'Beak'.
E.G.O. Equipment[edit | edit source]
Story[edit | edit source]
- "A small and confident bird that punishes the evil, guilty, and all sorts of irreverent people. Some employees have said that it is cute when the bird mightily flutters its tiny wings."
- "People have been committing sins since long ago. Why do they commit sins, knowing it's wrong?" The small bird wondered.
- “It must be because there's no one to punish people for their misdeeds. If someone takes that role, then no foul act would happen in this world ever again!”
- With this in mind, the little bird left the forest it had been living in, and never went back."
Flavour Text[edit | edit source]
- "The employees put a perch in Punishing Bird’s Containment Unit because it seemed to be bored."
- "Punishing Bird feels like it’s back in the forest in which it used to live when sitting on its perch."
- "A majority of the time Punishing Bird acts like any other normal bird, flying here and there in the Containment Unit."
- "Punishing Bird never cheeps or chirps. However, its stomach occasionally twitches."
- "Few employees know of Punishing Bird’s hidden teeth."
- "Not many know about Punishing Bird’s disgusting flesh, which splits apart into several sections."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Punishing Bird is the most likely Abnormality to escape, and escapes more often than any others.
- Before the second observation level is reached, Punishing Bird will be called "Small Bird".