"People have been committing sins since long ago. "Why do they commit sins, knowing it's wrong?" "
- Punishing Bird's Entry
Punishing Bird (O-02-56), also known as "Small Bird", is a small, white-feathered bird with small wings and a red mark on its chest. While in its containment room, it rests on a black perch. Punishing Bird changes its appearance to appear fully red while being suppressed.
- (20% Chance) An employee starts working on another Abnormality in the facility (Including Tools), unless Punishing Bird is being worked with concurrently.
- An Agent in the facility panics.
While breaching, it will target a random agent and beeline straight for them, prioritizing panicked agents. It possesses fast Movement Speed and a low amount of HP at 200. Its attacks deal only a small amount of Red Damage (0-1) for 3 seconds. If there are nearby agents in the area, it will move from agent to agent. Punishing Bird will stop and re-contain itself once it has dealt enough total damage. (8~13 Red Damage). If it's attacking a panicked employee, its attacks will heal the Agent (3-5 SP).
Agents and Clerks will not automatically suppress the Abnormality once they are in the same room but Fear Damage will still be applied.
If Punishing Bird is hit by an Agent in any way (including reflected damage by the E.G.O. Weapon from Dream of a Black Swan), the Abnormality changes form, becoming red, having its HP increased from 200 to 1000; and replacing its normal "pecking" attack to a devastating "bite" attack, dealing heavy amounts of Red Damage (800-1200).
Punishing bird will now target the agent that damaged it and go straight for them, it won't switch targets, having the targeted agent working on an Abnormality won't stop Punishing Bird either. This will end in two ways, either the target avoids Punishing Bird for about a minute, in which case Punishing Bird will give up; or the bite attack lands on the target, after which Punishing Bird will calm down. In both cases it will return to containment voluntarily. Once it arrives in its containment cell Punishing Bird will return to its normal form. (It cannot be suppressed while on its return trip)
Punishing Bird was a bird who lived its whole life in the Black Forest, with Big Bird and Bird of Judgement. The birds decided to protect the forest from a prophecy which said that the forest will be never the same after some terrible events, ending with a monster devouring everything. Punishing Bird decided to punish the bad creatures with its beak, but someone said 'Your beak is so small. None will find your punishment painful'. Punishing Bird, worried, grew a mouth so it could devour any creature in a single bite. As time passed, the efforts of the birds brought bad rumors of the forest, until one day, when the forest was about to fall into total disorder, the birds decide to merge their strengths together to form a new bird, but the result created chaos, and they ended their task alone in the forest.
After the events, Punishing Bird left the forest to never return. Is unknown where Punishing Bird was found or how it arrived at the facility.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) filled at the end of the interaction.
Punishing Bird's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Filling 0-4 PE Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 5-8 will cause it to feel Normal, and 9-12 will result in it being Happy. His usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds. Its Qliphoth Counter is 4.
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level ( TETH), portrait, Damage Type ( Red 2 - 3), the amount of PE Boxes (12), emotional state and their Qliphoth Counter (4).
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "When an employee entered the Containment Unit of another Abnormality, Punishing Bird’s Qliphoth Counter lowered with a normal probability."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When <name> fell into a panic, Punishing Bird’s Qliphoth Counter lowered."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "Punishing Bird voluntarily returned to its containment after a panicking employee returned to normal; it also returned after a period of time had passed."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "<name> was ordered to suppress Punishing Bird. When they tried to attack it, the central portion of the Abnormality split and <Redacted>. Afterward, <name> was confirmed to have died. The suppression ended in failure."
Unlocks the E.G.O. Gift 'Beak'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon and Suit 'Beak'.
- "A small and confident bird that punishes the evil, guilty, and all sorts of irreverent people. Some employees have said that it is cute when the bird mightily flutters its tiny wings."
- "People have been committing sins since long ago. Why do they commit sins, knowing it's wrong?" The small bird wondered.
- “It must be because there's no one to punish people for their misdeeds. If someone takes that role, then no foul act would happen in this world ever again!”
- With this in mind, the little bird left the forest it had been living in, and never went back."
- "The employees put a perch in Punishing Bird’s Containment Unit because it seemed to be bored."
- "Punishing Bird feels like it’s back in the forest in which it used to live when sitting on its perch."
- "A majority of the time Punishing Bird acts like any other normal bird, flying here and there in the Containment Unit."
- "Punishing Bird never cheeps or chirps. However, its stomach occasionally twitches."
- "Few employees know of Punishing Bird’s hidden teeth."
- "Not many know about Punishing Bird’s disgusting flesh, which splits apart into several sections."
- Punishing Bird is the most likely Abnormality to escape, and escapes more often than any others.
- Before the second observation level is reached, Punishing Bird will be called "Small Bird".
- Punishing Bird's design seems to be based off of two real birds. These being the Bleeding-Heart Dove, and the Shima Enaga.