"If you feel an abdominal pain and a tingling sensation in your neck, the best thing you can do now is look at the great blue sky you'll never get to see again."
- Queen Bee's Flavour Text
Queen Bee (T-04-50) is a large, heavily mutated bumblebee. Her body is yellow with black stripes, and is segmented into tiers of red and black dismembered flesh. She has one large blue iris, a pair of bent antennae, and a pair of torn bee wings. Her head itself is severely mutilated, with each 'slice' being rimmed with small pointed teeth to resemble mouths.
Ability[edit | edit source]
Upon her Qliphoth Counter is depleted, Queen Bee will spread yellow spores across the Department after a short delay, infecting random employees, Clerks and Agents; which will inflict constant Red Damage, 8 damage every 2 seconds for 20 seconds. The infected employees will be recognizable by a group of yellow spores on them. If the employee infected with spores dies by the effect of the spores, a Worker Bee will be born from the deceased employee. Drones have 120 HP and average Movement Speed, roaming the facility and attack nearby employees, dealing Red Damage, and if they kill the employee, another Worker Bee will born from the dead employee.
Origin[edit | edit source]
Most of her origin is unknown but she was probably made artificially during an experiment with pheromones of bees. This is mentioned in her Last Observation Dialogue of the Legacy version.
Details[edit | edit source]
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Queen Bee's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-9 E Boxes will cause her to feel Distressed, completing 10-16 will cause her to feel Normal, and 17-22 will make her to be Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds. Its Qliphoth Counter is 1.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level ( WAW), portrait, Damage Type ( Red 4 - 6), the amount of E-Boxes (22), emotional state and their Qliphoth Counter (1).
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "When the work result was Normal, the Qliphoth Counter lowered with a normal probability."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When the work result was Bad, the Qliphoth Counter lowered with a high probability."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "When the Qliphoth Counter reached 0, Queen Bee emitted red spores throughout the entire department."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "Upon observing the Abnormality, it has been confirmed that the spores attached to employees for a certain amount of time, and inflicted RED damage over that period. In addition, employees infested with spores were significantly slowed, and could not be healed by the regenerator or bullets."
- "Managerial Tips 5"
- "When the HP of an employee infested with spores had depleted, a giant drone burst out of their body. The drone indiscriminately attacked nearby employees. From the corpses of attacked employees, more drones emerged."
Escape Information (Cost: 20 PE Boxes)
Observation Level[edit | edit source]
Unlocks the E.G.O. Suit and Gift 'Hornet'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon 'Hornet'.
E.G.O. Equipment[edit | edit source]
Worker Bee[edit | edit source]
The Worker Bees, previously named Drones, are Queen Bee's minions. They are large wasp-like creatures with long legs, defective wings, small heads and thoraxes, and a large abdomens. Worker Bees have no eyes or antennae, but have thick 'mandibles' that resemble a lamprey's mouth. They possess 6 legs in their abdomen and a pair of small arms in their thorax. At the end of their abdomen, the bees have what looks to be an umbilical cord in place of a stinger.
The worker bees will only spawn if Queen Bee trigger her ability and an employee dies due to the spores. The purpose of the Bee Workers is to deliver food to the queen, and will do so by murdering any employee they can find. In-game, they try to bite the head of the employees' off, dealing Red Damage. In addition, each employee killed at the fangs of one will spawn another Worker Bee themselves. Though difficult in swarms, they can be suppressed easily individually. Unlike breaching Abnormalities, Drones are considered minions and will not add any LOB Points penalty to the end of the day.
Story[edit | edit source]
- "Its form appears to be an amalgamation of a gargantuan beehive and a bee. A cross-section of the inside shows a darkish red surface with particles here and there, much like that of raw meat. The segment that appears to be the face is heavily distorted. It has wings, but they lost their intended function of flight. The one eye that remains relatively intact shows pupillary movement, as if to watch for approaching intruders. (The Abnormality always remains still, so it is assumed that it does not move.)"
- "When certain conditions are met, it releases spores. It will generate billions of spores within a 20-meter radius. The existence of lifeforms in its vicinity seems to be one of the key requirements."
- "When it did, there was no immediate change in the employees who inhaled the spores, and no anomalous signs could be detected on the examinations that followed."
- "Once more time had passed, the employee experienced severe pain in their occipital lobe and abdomen. Then after a certain period of time, their head dislodged from their body, and a Worker Bee emerged from the separated body."
- "It has been confirmed that the spores carry drone eggs that hatch inside a living host. Based on the findings of an autopsy done on an employee killed by the Abnormality, we believe that the larva will subsist on any portion of the body, be it blood, organs, or fat. It will move freely around the body at this stage.
- When it becomes too large to move, it creates a cocoon near the intestines. The host feels extreme hunger at this stage, eating much more than usual. This cocoon moves upward through the body as it grows, eventually damaging the arteries of the throat and the cricothyroid with its jaws as it severs the host’s head from the body. After this it will emerge from the body, exacerbating the wound of the host further."
- <Excerpt from Counseling Log>
- "<Redacted> had been telling me about his itchy neck for a while. He complained about indigestion too; one time I saw him take a bunch of digestives. Who woulda thought that it’d turn out to be such a serious issue? I never knew I’d be the one to witness that horrible moment. (Omitted)
- <Redacted> and I were just chatting, but suddenly he stopped speaking. He was still scratching his neck. It was turning so red, I was getting worried. Then his neck started to turn at such a strange angle.
- Right then and there I realized the severity of the situation. There was no way he could’ve been putting his neck that way on his own. It looked like someone was forcefully twisting his neck."
- "And then, I heard a zip, like the noise of shredding paper, a foreign sound of something tearing. His head fell to the floor. I heard a dull thud."
- "Then as if enough hadn't happened already, something began to crawl out of his neck. Just like a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, tearing apart his headless body; the wings, the yellow trunk, the teeth that gnawed away his body; it's something I never want to see again, a being I'd hate to describe as something alive..."
- "(Omitted) It seemed to be aware of me somehow. But it looked like it didn't have any reason to attack at that moment. It picked up his cranium and flew away, like a drone carrying honey..."
- "...I can still hear the sound of its jaw rattling and its wings beating."
- <Worker Bee>
"Its appearance is clearly different from Queen Bee's, other than its color. It is capable of flight, but can only hover about 1 meter above the ground. It lacks antennae or eyes. A long appendage that appears to be an intestine drags behind its rear on the floor.
- Worker Bees show only two forms of behavior: Delivering nutrients to the Queen, and proliferating. Upon encountering an employee, it uses its jaw to crush their head and then proceeds to inject a pupa into their body."
Flavour Text[edit | edit source]
- "For bees, a damaged hive is something that cannot be tolerated."
- "They say a hive’s drones spend their entire life providing food for the queen."
- "The highest priority for bees would be the safety of their hive."
- "If someone happens to damage Queen Bee, even by accident, something that can never be undone may occur."
- "If <name> happens to feel abdominal pain and a tingling sensation in their neck, the only option they would have is to look at the great blue sky one last time."
- "<name> makes a conscious effort to take in as little breath of the Containment Unit’s air as possible."
- "Queen Bee desires more and more and more and more drones; they will bring prosperity to its kingdom."
- "Queen Bee will be completed by the work of its drones… Such will be the beginning of its kingdom."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The 'birth' of a Worker Bee is similar to the Chestburster scene from Alien, although from the head rather than the chest.
- Worker Bees, when clicked on, do not have a picture of them or Queen Bee.
- Its first letter in the subject number classify it as 'Trauma'. The Trauma classification maybe is about what happens when the Queen Bee releases the spores and makes employees suffer from being a host to die. The pain caused from such event would probably be the fear of insects or bees.