"The city still remained a beautiful place where the emerald roads sparkled bright as ever."
- Scarecrow Searching for Wisdom's Entry
Scarecrow Searching for Wisdom (F-01-87) is a scarecrow that is held up by what seems to be a pole, wearing a red shirt with white stripes with an exposed torso, an orange bowtie with white circles and a red leave on its neck, and blue overalls with the belts not attached. It also wears a hat that fully covers its head and has hands that are a metal rake and a scythe. It has blood stains on the tools and some parts of its clothes.
When the counter reaches 0, it will breach, taking the hat off, showing its head with empty black eyes and a stitched smile, with the upper half missing, and revealing that the pole was actually legs. The Abnormality possesses balanced Movement Speed and 500 HP, chasing the last employee who it saw through the facility. It will use melee attacks that deal decent Black Damage with normal Attack Speed. If it lands the last hit against an employee, which will kill them, a 'straw' will appear from the scarecrow's mouth and will implant it on the head of the killed employee, covering it with a layer of tissue and sucking out the brain of the employee through the holes on its face, gaining health over time. This lasts for several seconds before it proceeds with its usual behavior. It will remain breaching until suppressed or the day ends.
The Scarecrow took the role of the same character in the story of The Wizard of Oz, along with the other characters: Dorothy, the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion. Due to them being incomplete, they embarked on a journey together to find the wizard and make their wishes true.
When they found the wizard, some characters received what they wanted, with some satisfaction. It is unknown what the scarecrow received but it seems like it still didn't fulfill its needs, due to it continuing to search for brains of other 'intelligent' people.
The story told in its entries are probably about the Emerald City, where a treatment of body replacement was in question, even when it 'revived' the city. It could allow it to change and fix or replace failing body parts. But a rumor spread that the replacements of the body parts were taken from the poor for the rich. To debunk the rumor, a group of sick people were selected to take the treatment, but after many days, just one of them came out, with a scar on their head and saying they felt 'lighter.' He was a man that used to cry a lot and they considered that procedure a success.
But even after the events, the man was showing odd behavior. He just smiled when asked about the other people who were chosen, he didn't show remorse in the funeral of his father and enjoyed talking to himself and staring at the window, which lead to his suicide. The people believed that the treatment caused his problems but soon they forgot about the events.
Is unknown if the man is connected directly or is actually the Abnormality after death, but it is sure that due to the 'mental issues' the man had after the treatment, he most likely had a part of his brain removed in the surgery (A lobotomy, if you will).
At some point, the Scarecrow ended up captured by the Corporation and the fate of the other characters (Except the Tin Woodsman) is unknown.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Scarecrow Searching for Wisdom's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-8 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 9-14 will cause it to feel Normal, and 15-18 will make its mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds. Its Qliphoth Counter is 1.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "When an employee with Prudence Level 3 or higher finished their work, the Qliphoth Counter lowered."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When the work result was Bad, the Qliphoth Counter lowered."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "When Scarecrow Searching for Wisdom was escaping and killed an employee, it sucked their brain out to recover its HP."
Observation Level Edit
Unlocks the E.G.O. Gift 'Harvest'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon and Suit 'Harvest'.
E.G.O. Equipment Edit
- "An Abnormality taking the form of a straw scarecrow. The straw is stained with blood."
- "The head is empty as if someone forcefully tore it off. It shows aggression towards certain employees, attempting to take their brains. These employees are those who scored "Excellent" on the intelligence test."
- "Each city needed to have its own unique technologies; that was the key to reinvigorating the city. There were numerous ones, but among them, one city saw advancements in technology for the replacement of body parts. It was possible to repair or augment body parts that were broken and malfunctioning, or simply undesirable. Every citizen was eligible for that treatment.
- However, rumors circulated. When a rich person looking to improve their eyesight approached a beggar with broken lungs struggling to breathe, they would transplant the beggar's eyes to the rich person. Then they would abandon the beggar's corpse somewhere along the outskirts, still with those rotting lungs."
- "The city's representative reassured them, dismissing the rumors as nonsense. To put the rumors to rest, they announced that they would select a number of sick people from the outskirts and fix any body parts they wanted. Out of the lucky few who were chosen, one returned several days later. He had a visibly long scar on his head. People asked him how he felt and he responded that his head felt lighter. He was a man filled with sorrow who used to cry a lot, so everybody believed that the surgery was a success."
- "However, when he was asked about the whereabouts of the others who went with him, he just smiled without uttering a word. Before long, even at his parents' funeral, he showed no emotion. All he did after the treatment was stare out the window and talk to himself. Eventually, he hung himself on the doorknob of his house.
- Some people thought that the treatment caused his troubles, but after a few days, he was completely forgotten. The city still remained a beautiful place where the emerald roads sparkled bright as ever."
Flavour Text Edit
- "We are still in the midst of our journey. We followed the yellow brick road to make our dreams come true."
- "The treatment miraculously made everyone silent, even those who refused to be quiet after any other therapy."
- "Scarecrow Searching for Wisdom began to chase after smart brains instead of scaring away birds."
- The Abnormality is part of a twisted version of the children's novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, playing the role of the Scarecrow.