"I am coming to you. You, who will be reduced to ash like me."
- Scorched Girl
The Scorched Girl (F-01-02) is an Abnormality in the form of a charred figure resembling a young girl. She has white eyes, a white open mouth, two thin legs, scorched ponytails, and the burnt tip of a lit match penetrating her torso.
- An average probability to decrease by getting a Normal Result.
- A high probability to decrease by getting a Bad Result.
Once her ability activates, she will breach containment, sobbing on the way, and a random employee (Agent or Clerk) in the same department will be targeted by Scorched Girl, indicated by a match above said employee. She possesses very low Health with only 120 HP, slow Movement Speed, and she will try to reach for the employee by walking through the rooms between them. Once she reaches the same room as the marked employee, after 5 seconds, she will explode, dealing a large amount of Red Damage (300) to all entities in the room. Afterward, she will reappear in her Containment Unit and her Qliphoth Counter will be reset.
If the marked employee dies or begins work on an Abnormality before she's able to reach them, the mark will move onto another random employee in the department. If, for some reason, all employees in that department are dead or working on abnormalities and all clerks were killed, she will select a random employee in the facility to go to. If all employees and clerks in the facility have been killed or all employees are working on abnormalities, she will explode in a department's main room.
Scorched Girl was once a girl who sold matches. She had a somewhat miserable life, but in the lit matches, she saw visions of a better one in the warmth provided by them. It is most likely that in her obsession of longing for a better life, she accidentally started a fire and was burned to death. The Abnormality in itself is her soul, and it lives on with a match infused with it as a representation of her longing to be a part of the better life she saw.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Scorched Girl's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-4 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 5-7 will cause it to feel Normal, and 8-12 will make it's mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds. Her Qliphoth Counter is 2.
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "When the work result was Normal, the Qliphoth Counter lowered with a normal probability."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When the work result was Bad, the Qliphoth Counter lowered with a high probability."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "Scorched Girl, who had escaped, exploded after being near their target for 5 seconds. Many of the staff nearby sustained burns from the incident."
Unlocks an E.G.O. Gift 'Fourth Match Flame'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Suit 'Fourth Match Flame'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon 'Fourth Match Flame'.
- "It takes the form of a girl burnt to ashes. Even though there's nothing left to burn, the fire still doesn't extinguish."
- "A matchstick impales the girl's body like a stake. Usually, the match is always lit, while the Abnormality shows no sign of activity. Because of this, employees often speculate that the matchstick may be the Abnormality's true body. However, recently, the ashen figure was seen crying, according to witnesses."
- Excerpt from Abnormality Specialist Doctor <Redacted>’s Research Log>
" “The charred body represents the child's crumbled hope, while the ever blazing flame represents the obsession for affection. It's always in conflict with the contradiction between these two.”
- “We paid a boatload and that's all they have to say?” "
- <Excerpt from Recorded Staff Conversation>
" “Well, she’s like a ticking time bomb. No one can tell if she’s in a good mood or not. We just hope that we won’t be the one blown up before entering the Containment Unit. She won’t get any better, we can only try and keep her from getting worse.” "
- <Excerpt from Counseling Log>
- " “I never thought the abnormality would be able to escape. Maybe we were getting careless, but it seemed that all it could do was burn up the match stuck in its body. Yes, our response was a bit late. (Omitted)
- Most Abnormalities that try to escape would attack the employees in front of them, but this one didn't show any aggression toward the nearby employees. Instead, it headed to a different department, the most crowded place in the company. If we didn't suppress it at the door, half of the people here wouldn't be in one piece.” "
- "Please be advised that Scorched Girl’s Encyclopedia is incomplete, so anything undocumented could occur."
- "The entries on Scorched Girl are almost complete, so as long as we remain cautious, work will successfully finish with her."
- "Scorched Girl hides in the corner as soon as <name> enters the unit."
- "Scorched Girl observes how <name> responds but backs up towards the wall."
- "Scorched Girl watches <name> work while standing in the corner."
- "Scorched Girl seems frightened and moves to one of the corners of the unit"
- "Scorched Girl stands perfectly still, as if the burning flames do not hurt her one bit."
- "Only the match piercing Scorched Girl burns wildly."
- "Unlike the fiery and vibrant match, Scorched Girl stands motionless in the Containment Unit."
- "The match burns ever brightly, but Scorched Girl does not move an inch."
- "<name> closely examines the remaining length of the match."
- "If the match is almost burned through, it will be very dangerous. <name> tensely watches Scorched Girl."
- "Fortunately, there’s still enough of the match left to burn. But when the flame’s fuel finally runs out…"
- "Ashes scatter around the Containment Unit. Half of the match still seems unburnt."
- "<name> completes their work while the fire gently flickers."
- "There is no one inside the fire, however, Scorched Girl’s eyes gleam as if she sees someone."
- "There is nothing and nobody inside that flame."
- "Only the ashes of the burnt match scatter over Scorched Girl."
Activating her ability
- "Only a small portion of the match lies unburnt now."
- "<name> noticed that the match was running out and tried to do something, but it was too late."
- "With the match completely burnt out, Scorched Girl laughs."
- "After the explosion, only small bits of <name> can be found in the Containment Unit."
When an employee dies during work
- "Her flames flicker, blackening the floor and everything around her."
- "At the very least, <name>’s final breath was a happy one."
When an employee panics during work
- "<name>’s eyes are unfocused. The fire has long been extinguished from the match, but they remain unresponsive to any command."
- "<name> exits the unit, murmuring incoherently with their face scrunched up tight. No one in the halls dares to talk with them."
- Scorched Girl is a reference to a short story named 'The Little Match Girl', about a poor girl trying to sell matches in a cold New Year's Eve. She took shelter in an alley to avoid her father beating her for not selling any matches. She lit the matches to warm herself, but she saw lovely visions in the fire, like a Christmas tree and her grandmother, the only person who treated her nicely. The girl kept burning matches to keep the visions alive until there were no more matches left. She then froze to death happily.
- This reference is pointed out in the fourth Encyclopedia entry.
- Scorched Girl's match is always burning, and the fire on it will never go out.