"But nothing could compare to the music it makes when it eats a human."
- Singing Machine
The Singing Machine (O-05-30) is a large rectangular industrial meat grinder. The object is held up by 4 small legs. On the front there is a black circular joint which divides the lid from the bottom. The lid has a small pipe where the music comes out. The interior is lined with what appears to be sawblades that grind any object that is thrown inside.
Its special ability is triggered when an employee tries to interact with it with the following methods:
- Finishing a work with an employee with Fortitude Level 4 or more.
- Finishing a work with an employee with Temperance 2 or less.
- When the Qliphoth Counter is at 0. It can be decreased by performing a Bad Work Result.
When a work is finished or the employee enters when its Qliphoth Counter is at 0, the employee in the containment will be possessed by the machine and will jump into it, being grinded to dead and turned into music. If the Qliphoth Counter was at 0 at the start of the work, it will return back to 1. Afterward, a random employee in the facility, priority to the same department and to clerks over agents, will be possessed.
A 'Bewitched' employee will start to attack other employees, focusing on a single target, trying to kill them with a great hit of Red Damage at slow Attack Speed. If they land enough damage on the target employee, the target will be killed. Then, the bewitched employee will put them into a bag and drag them to the containment unit of the Singing Machine. The employee will then throw the victim into the machine, repeating the process and bewitching another random employee. This continues until all the possessed employees are suppressed.
The bewitched employees can be suppressed by selecting agents and then clicking on the bewitched employee, since they will not attack them until being attacked.
The details of its origin are currently unknown.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Singing Machine's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-7 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 8-14 will cause it to feel Normal, and 15-18 will make it's mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds and Qliphoth Counter is 1.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level ( HE), portrait, Damage Type ( White 4 - 6), the amount of E-Boxes (18), their emotional state and Qliphoth Counter (1).
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "An employee with Level 4 or higher Fortitude dove into Singing Machine after completing their work."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "An employee with Level 2 or lower Temperance dove into Singing Machine after completing their work."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "When the work result was Bad, the Qliphoth Counter decreased."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "When the Qliphoth Counter reached 0, the next employee to enter the unit dove into Singing Machine and activated it."
- "Managerial Tips 5"
- "When Singing Machine was in operation, a nearby employee complained that they could hear a continuous melody out of nowhere. We have decided to call this phenomenon “Addicted”."
- "Managerial Tips 6"
- "<name1> lost consciousness due to an attack by <name2>. After their attack, <name2> dragged <name1> to Singing Machine’s Containment Unit to be consumed in making music."
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not, plus its Qliphoth Counter (1). Even when it doesn't possess defenses by itself, the bewitched employees will take defenses of the current suit that they were wearing.
Observation Level Edit
Unlocks the E.G.O. Gift 'Harmony'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon 'Harmony'.
E.G.O. Equipment Edit
- "It takes the form of a long cuboid machine."
- "At first glance, all it seems to be is a simple industrial grinder. However, the existence of it having an individual “will” meets the criteria to be classified as an Abnormality."
- "When approached or touched, the employee will become delirious and throw themself into the Abnormality's mechanical body. Afterward, the machine's ventilation fan will quickly shut off, and the sound of the Abnormality operating can be heard from within. This process takes about 5 minutes."
- "After a few experiments, we have concluded that the Abnormality desires to gain "music" from this interaction."
- "There is no detailed research into this Abnormality’s “music”, however, there is a hypothesis that it has a special characteristic that attracts humans in correlation to their specific behaviors or psychological counseling records. If one of our employees has been determined to be addicted to the music, they will need to be treated quickly to prevent any collateral damage."
- <Excerpt from Counseling Log>
- "I just wanted to write the observation report and get out, but he was acting odd.
- I warned him not to get too close, but <Redacted> took one step closer. He said he'll let me hear a fantasy, then he opened up the lid and jumped into the machine. The lid closed and a loud noise came from inside the creature. There was no way to know what was happening, but I was too terrified to do anything. (Omitted)
- In the dark, I realized that thing was playing an instrument. Crushing and cutting <Redacted>'s body, it was creating a rhythm. As I was contemplating my horrific realization, the lid opened again. Bits and pieces of <Redacted> were in there. So little that you had to wonder what happened to the rest. (Omitted)"
- "<NOTICE, MUST READ: Symptoms of addiction to the music of ‘Singing Machine’>
- 1. Attempts to bring other employees to the Containment Unit of ‘Singing Machine’ by physical force.
- 2. Dilated pupils.
- 3. Greatly reduced concentration and cognitive abilities.
- 4. Refusal to listen to other forms of music.
- Please list any additional symptoms that are found and immediately report any employees that are suspected of the noted symptoms."
- <Excerpt from Incident Logs>
- "Date: XX/XX/XXXX
- Employee M1840 went missing in the company. 2 days later, on the XXth, part of a corpse was found inside the ‘Singing Machine’. Genomic analysis revealed that the corpse belonged to the missing employee. The employee was a new hire who had only worked for the company for 3 months, and they had no record of an assignment to work with the Abnormality.
- The culprit was found to be employee <Redacted>, who was in charge of the ‘Singing Machine’. <Redacted> confessed after extensive investigation. “I know it's crazy, but I had to hear that music again. It was stuck in my head for months. I performed all kinds of experiments.
- When the machine takes in a cat, it plays for 1 minute, a large dog, 2 minutes and 30 seconds. But nothing could compare to the music it makes when it eats a human.
- ...It might sound ridiculous, but I feel satisfied, having heard it once more."
Flavour Text Edit
- "It may appear to just be an ordinary grinder, but please be careful. Every Abnormality may not have a reason to exist, but they all have a will to persist."
- "Its force of suction is extremely powerful."
- "The music it lets out is said to be terribly beautiful."
- "One’s blood shall make wondrous chords, and one’s flesh shall make great harmonies."
- "Singing Machine will not be set in motion if nobody is nearby."
- "Before <name> entered, not a single movement came from Singing Machine."
- "Prior to <name> entering the unit, Singing Machine was nothing more than a shut-off machine."
- "If Singing Machine happened to have a power switch, <name> may be a bit more comfortable working with it."
- "<name> works with Singing Machine as cautiously as they can."
- "<name> must always be careful when working in this unit, as Singing Machine could activate at any moment."
- "Singing Machine gives no form of response or reaction to <name>, as if it were digesting bits of flesh internally."
- "<name> tries to get the work with Singing Machine done quickly while it is motionless."
- "It’s rather simple to figure out when Singing Machine activates; just open its lid and check how much flesh it has digested."
- "<name> doesn’t have the guts to open up Singing Machine’s lid to its mechanical guts and check when it will next activate."
- "Rumor has it that any employee who opened Singing Machine’s lid later requested a sick leave."
- "In fact, Singing Machine’s insides are said to be sophisticated, but no employee dares to check it with their own eyes."
- "Today is <name>’s lucky day; Singing Machine hasn’t activated."
- "<name> is rather thankful that Singing Machine is inactive, however, they give their best condolences to whichever employee will work with it next."
- "Singing Machine’s decided to take the day off."
- "Singing Machine doesn’t respond as it is still finishing up its leftovers."
When an employee dies during work Edit
- "The Containment Unit fills with the unprecedented harmony that leaks from Singing Machine."
- "To give birth to the greatest masterpieces, sacrifices must be made. Singing Machine is the perfect example of this phrase."
- "All that remains of <name> is a few pieces of flesh and bone, and their own composition that will never be heard again."
When an employee panics during work Edit
- "<name> has been possessed by the timbre of Singing Machine. They won’t respond to any commands."
- "<name> has fallen for the charms of Singing Machine’s transmundane song. Their mind is completely paralyzed."
Unused Employee dialog Edit
Listening to the song Edit
- "I have nothing else to wish for now."
- "For me, this moment is pure heaven."
- "I was born just for right now."
Possessed by the Singing Machine Edit
- "Now, I am reborn."
- "If I chop off my arm, can I hear that song again?"
- "A corpse, I need a corpse…"
Possessed employee attacking Edit
- "I’m sorry, but I have to hear that song again."
- "Don’t struggle, you’ll love its melodies too."
- "I’ll listen to that song at any cost."
Being attacked by the possessed employee Edit
- "AAAAAAAH! HELP ME!"
- "No! Help me, please!"
- "HELP ME! HELP!"
- The Singing Machine has been reworked from Legacy to the actual version. It no longer has an animation when idle and not working, and its artwork and portrait has been remade and polished.
- The Singing Machine gets its name from the tune it produces when grinding meat, especially human meat.
- Singing Machine's Weapon is the only E.G.O. Weapon that reduces the amount of HP of the user for more attack power.