"Don't look away, just keep your eyes on it. Contain it in your sight."
- The Burrowing Heaven's Entry
The Burrowing Heaven (O-04-72) is an Abnormality similar in form to a tree, having a stalk coming from the floor and two limbs/wings-like extremities that branch into minor parts. Its main body is of red color. In the junction where the three main parts meet, it has a yellow eye with a red iris, as well as smaller eyes on other parts of its body.
Ability[edit | edit source]
Its ability triggers when its Qliphoth Counter reaches 0. Its Qliphoth Counter is reduced by 1 every 10 seconds when it is off screen while working with it. This only includes the Abnormality, not the containment. Besides reducing the Qliphoth Counter, it will also force the Success Rate to be 0%, making the work only produce NE-boxes. Its Qliphoth Counter can be increased by 1 when getting a Normal result or by 2 when getting a Good result.
When the Qliphoth Counter is depleted, The Burrowing Heaven will breach with its 'wings' extended and 800 HP. If there is an employee in the containment room, the abnormality will instantly kill them. The Abnormality doesn't attack when it is on camera and only moves when 3 seconds pass out of camera. If it isn't on camera, it will teleport to a random room with employees in them (Priority to Agents). If the room that it left had employees or other entities, it will inflict a heavy amount of Black Damage (150) to all the targets in there. If it kills employees, it will leave their 'fruits' after screams; similar entities of itself will hold different parts of the dead employee on their branches. These entities aren't dangerous. It will usually teleport into the middle of the main rooms and near the sides of the other rooms, like hallways.
It will remain breaching until suppressed or the day ends.
Origin[edit | edit source]
Its origin is currently unknown.
Details[edit | edit source]
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
The Burrowing Heaven's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-12 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 13-20 will cause it to feel Normal, and 21-24 will make it's mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds. Its Qliphoth Counter is 3.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level ( WAW), portrait, Damage Type ( Black 4 - 5), the amount of E-Boxes (24), emotional states and their Qliphoth Counter (3).
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "Work with The Burrowing Heaven must be done while the manager has the Containment Unit in sight.."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "During the work process, when the Containment Unit went out of the camera’s sight, the Qliphoth Counter lowered. When The Burrowing Heaven’s Containment Unit was still unmonitored after the phenomenon, the Counter continued to lower."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "When the work result was Normal or Good, the Qliphoth Counter increased. It seems that it can be increased up to three levels at a time, depending on the work result."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "<WARNING> Do not stop looking at the Abnormality while its suppression is in progress."
Observation Level [edit | edit source]
Unlocks the E.G.O. Suit and Gift 'Heaven'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon 'Heaven'.
E.G.O. Equipment[edit | edit source]
Story[edit | edit source]
- "A thorny Abnormality that feeds on the gaze of others and sometimes stretches its wings."
- "Don't look away, just keep your eyes on it.
- It lives inside your gaze.
- The containment is but a facade.
- Contain it in your sight.
- Blinking is okay.
- It will tolerate such a brief moment of disruption.
- However, once it recognizes that it lost your attention and focus…
- It will spread its wings. Yes, wings.
- As if to praise a long-forgotten god, its lean, bloody wings will stretch and cover the whole corridor.
- The wings still bear fruit, using fresh corpses as food.
- If it still fails to gain your attention, the stalks will pierce the facility and grow toward a sunny spot.
- Like an angel, its wings will reach the skies and extend toward the ground, eventually blocking the sun out.
- But there is still hope.
- When you finally turn your eyes and bring it within your cognizance…
- It will return to this deep, dark subterranean area.
- That is, if you managed to survive by then.."
- "That's what a gaze is. Attention.
- An invisible string that connects us.
- Sole focus.
- Do not come here, as there is no place for you to rest.
- Is this what you wanted to see?
- When your tears dry up at last, tell me your answer.."
Flavour Text[edit | edit source]
- "The Burrowing Heaven lives inside the target’s eyes."
- "The Burrowing Heaven grows thorns aimed for heaven inside <name>’s vision."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This Abnormality and Schadenfreude are the first Abnormalities to use the screen as a condition for their abilities in this version.
- The E.G.O weapon of this abnormality bears a striking ressemblance to Longinus' spear from the manga "Neon Genesis Evangelion", which features similar theme and symbolism of abrahamic religion.