"Those who succeed in the hunt are granted with one of the very feathers that countless hunters once yearned for."
- The Firebird's entry
The Firebird (O-02-101) is a bird Abnormality, initially looking like a black feathered bird of long tail, neck and beak, with glowing yellow eyes and with a mark on its chest. It rest on a branch of a brown tree without leaves, with darker marks where it rest.
- It will increase by 1 when getting a Bad Work Result.
- It will decrease by 1 when getting a Good Work Result, when an Abnormality in the same department as The Firebird breach, or by 30% chance when getting a Normal Work Result.
When its Qliphoth Counter becomes lower, a screen filter is added to its containment that resembles flames, increasing the Damage taken by the employees when failing a work . The lower the Qliphoth Counter is, the higher the extra damage is inflicted ( 2: 1.5 ; 1: 2.0).
When an employee finish a work with its HP below the 20% of its Max HP, or when finishing with its Qliphoth Counter at 1, The Firebird will transform for a short moment into a flaming bird, healing the employee to Max HP and granting them a temporary trait that will heal the employee for 5 HP and SP every 5 seconds for 60 seconds.
When its Qliphoth Counter is depleted, it will breach. It possess 1500 HP and average Movement Speed. When breaching, in the room where it is located will get a special filter and all the other entities in the same room will start to receive minor Red Damage (5) every second. If the Abnormality is attacked, it will prepare for a moment and charge against the attacker, dealing great(90-110) White Damage to anyone in its path, until reaching the end of the room. Employees who attack it will also get Blinded, with their Work Speed halved, until completing a work (However, employees wearing Judgement Bird's E.G.O. Gift will not suffer this debuff). Employees who die by The Firebird's attacks will get burned, along with their eyes and chest showing orange glowing marks that will vanish after they fall dead.
After 45~90 seconds, The Firebird will return to its containment by its own. Employees will be unable to attack it when is returning and the Abnormality will no longer attack employees, however, the room damage will remain until back in containment, resetting the Qliphoth Counter.
If the player defeat the Abnormality, it will blow up and return back to the containment. Afterwards, one copy of the Abnormality's E.G.O. Weapon will be granted. This E.G.O. Weapon can only be obtained by this way and cannot be purchased from the Abnormality's Details Tab. Player can obtain maximum of three copies of this weapon, but only one copy per day (you will get only one copy of its E.G.O. Weapon even if you suppress The Firebird twice a day and the maximum cannot be increased by other means).
The Firebird used to live in a forest, far away of most people. Many hunters wanted its feathers, for pride or honor, or by different other rewards that such feathers could bring, they searched for the bird in the forest. With the rumors spreading, adventurers and travelers started to come to the forest where the bird lived, soon with the silent forest becoming crowded.
But after some time, the people became bored of the rumors and left their hunt for the bird, with it just becoming a legend, and after a severe pain, the flaming bird became blind.
After a long time, the bird found a new forest, where people lived in. Soon, the bird wanted to initiate the 'hunt' once again on the new forest, with the ones who succeed in the task, getting a feather of the flaming bird.
How the Abnormality arrived into the facility is unknown.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
The Firebird's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-10 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 11-17 will cause it to feel Normal, and 18-24 will make it's mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds and its Qliphoth Counter is 3.
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level ( WAW), portrait, Damage Type ( Red 3 - 4), the amount of E-Boxes (24), emotional states and its Qliphoth Counter (3).
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "When another Abnormality escaped in the department in which The Firebird was contained, the Qliphoth Counter lowered."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When the work result was Good, the Qliphoth Counter lowered."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "When the work result was Normal, the Qliphoth Counter lowered with a low probability. Furthermore, the lower the Qliphoth Counter, the more damage Agents take while working with The Firebird."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "When the work result was Bad, the Qliphoth Counter increased."
- "Managerial Tips 5"
- "The Firebird granted light to <name> who worked with it when the Qliphoth Counter was 1. <name>’s HP and SP were recovered, and healed over time for a while."
- "Managerial Tips 6"
- "When an Agent had less than 20% of their max HP remaining after completing the work process, The Firebird granted the same light."
- "Managerial Tips 7"
- "After escaping, The Firebird eventually willingly returned to its Containment Unit after a short while. The Firebird only displayed aggression after it was damaged, and the employee whose HP or SP reached 0 from its attacks died. When The Firebird was attacked, the eyes of those who injured it were scorched by the light emitted by the Abnormality. Blinded employees worked at half-speed. The Firebird cured <name>’s eye injury when they finished the work process."
Observation Level 
Unlocks the E.G.O. Suit and Gift 'Feather of Honor'.
The Abnormality's E.G.O. Weapon 'Feather of Honor' can only be unlocked and added by defeating it when breaching, once per day. It cannot be manufactured from the Abnormality's Details Tab.
- "A long, long time ago in a faraway forest there lived a magnificent bird. Its feathers were wonderfully incandescent, like the tongues of flames, and it was said that they could swallow the blackest of darkness."
- "Many hunters longed to obtain even one of its feathers, as it would be their pride and honor. There were many tales about the bird. Some said that those who caught the bird would see their families prosper for many generations. A few even claimed that one wasn’t a true hunter until they had gotten one of the flamelike feathers.
- Others believed that one feather was so strong it could take the owner anywhere they dreamed of. Be what it may, the bird was a symbol of adventure to people. The faraway forest was soon filled with people looking for the bird. Not only hunters, but adventurers and travelers too... The once silent forest became a crowded place."
- "People soon became bored with the rumors; they were no longer interested in the hunt. Fewer and fewer people paid any sort of visit to the faraway forest. When the bird finally became nothing but a legend, it experienced a great pain, being blinded. Now all that was left of this legend was a blind bird with bright feathers, alone in an abandoned forest. After a long time had passed, the bird found a new forest. Many people lived in that forest, and the bird just wanted their eagerness to pursue it to once again be stoked like the fiery hues of its blazing feathers. Those who succeed in the hunt are granted with one of the very feathers that countless hunters once yearned for."
- "Caution is advised when the hunting season for The Firebird finally arrives. Rash action such as suppressing it is not recommended.
- It is also not recommended to simply hunt the bird to prove one’s bravery. Please remember all the hunters who had to return empty-handed.
- “I can catch it, just a little bit more and I’ll get it…”, every employee has thoughts like this. However, it takes true courage to accept when to give up."
- "A legend of The Firebird says that once upon a time, those who came across its feather were granted with both blessing and ordeal."
- "At times, The Firebird heals wounded employees."
- "The Firebird may become happy if the employees act as though they are hunting for it."
- The Firebird is based of the magical creature 'Firebird', part of the Slavic folklore.
- If an agent wearing The Firebird's E.G.O. Suit enters into the containment unit of The Snow Queen, they will be instantly killed at the start of the work.
- The blinding doesn't affect on employees who wears E.G.O. Gift from Judgement Bird.
- Sending the Rabbit Team to lockdown a department with The Firebird in it might sometimes cause its Charge Attack to be prolonged, as upon reaching an exit of the department, The Firebird will then be teleported to another part of the locked department intead, not reaching a wall or door to stop against it when trying to exit the department.
- This Abnormality was contributed by the Russian translation team for the game.