"All that remains is the hollow pride of a weathered knight."
-The Knight of Despair's Entry
The Knight of Despair (O-01-73), also known as one of the Magical Girls, is a humanoid Abnormality with the appearance of a pale skinned girl with blue hair that gets darker and turns to black at the end of her hair. Her head is topped with a tiara that has three spade shaped endings. Half of her head is black with sharp horn segments coming out of it. The other half of her head is her pale skin tone with a black tear on her cheek.
The upper part of her arms show her normal skin while her forearm is covered by the black coloring. Her dress starts at her chest with a grey coloring and black spade on her breast, and as it moves down it turns to blue and then to black at the end. There is a noticeable galaxy-like pattern in her hair and dress. A white translucent cloak comes off of her back.
The Knight of Despair's ability will trigger when an employee first performs a Good work result. If this happens, she will create a blue veil around the employee before they leave the room, blessing the agent and giving them a special state.
The special state is marked with an icon above the affected employee. The blessing halves all Red, White and Black Damage received, but doubles Pale Damage and prevents the employee from performing any other work besides Suppression. The blessing remains until the end of the day and only one blessing is given at the same time.
If the blessed employee dies or panics, the state will be removed, the Abnormality will breach and her appearance will change, revealing black spears floating beside her, along an eye open and multiple spikes coming out from her body.
She possesses a average amount of HP at 800 and slow Movement Speed. Like the other Magical Girls, The Knight of Despair possesses teleporting abilities to reach any room in the facility between some intervals. Once facing an employee, she will throw a homing spear toward them, dealing Pale Damage (50), slowing them for a pair of seconds, and impaling them in the case they die. Her attacks take intervals to occur, she must stop to perform them and her cry can be used to locate her.
She keeps breaching until the day ends or she's suppressed. Once defeated, her spears will raise around her and impale herself, as spade particle effects come out in the impact.
In the past, she was once a knight who protected a kingdom and the people that they needed her. After a conflict in the state, evil started to grow stronger. When the knight realized that she could not upheld any longer, she disappeared, becoming a knight with the obsession to protect. Along her sisters, one who fought for peace but succumbed to her own greed, and another fighting for justice, later from good turning into evil to keep balance; they were consumed by their own aspirations and soon vanished.
But the knight tried to redeemed herself by saving others, not totally under the corruption of evil, but forgotten by the ones she used to protect.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
The Knight of Despair's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-7 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 8-14 will cause it to feel Normal, and 15-24 will make it's mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "The first employee who completes their work with a Good result will receive The Knight of Despair’s blessing. (From then on, the employee will be referred to as O-01-73-1.)"
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "O-01-73-1 could only aid in suppressing Abnormalities. Furthermore, thanks to the blessing, RED, WHITE, and BLACK damage dealt to them was halved, however, PALE was doubled."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "The Knight of Despair’s blessing dissipated when O-01-73-1 died or panicked. After the blessing was gone, a new employee could receive it."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "When O-01-73-1 panicked, The Knight of Despair escaped from its Containment Unit. The same results occurred when O-01-73-1 died."
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not. This includes her defenses when breaching:
Observation Level Edit
Unlocks the E.G.O. Gift 'The Sword Sharpened with Tears'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon and Suit 'The Sword Sharpened with Tears'.
E.G.O. Equipment Edit
- "An Abnormality of despair that has gone through a repeated cycle of faith and betrayal, leaving only the emotion that is expressed through black tears."
- "A hero of the past who used to be a guardian of justice. She dedicated her entire life to protect the king, the state, the city, and the weak. The knight had to uphold the laws of God and the pursuit of valor, chivalry, and justice. However, after a long history fraught with hardship and conflict, the knight realized in retrospect that nothing was truly upheld on her watch. The truth changed a lot of people.
- One who fought for good became evil upon realizing that there was no evil left in the world. One who dreamed of a world where everyone could be happy was tinged with greed and started to devour everything. Like them, so many things once thought to be forever constant faced changes and perished"
- "Who said a knight never cries? Have you ever seen tears brought out by despair, not sadness? The endless stream of grief has long turned the eye sockets into hollow husks. Inside, black diamonds sometimes fall down like ashes.
- The will to protect seems to remain unchanged after all this time; even in containment, it is still obsessed with the act of protection. All that remains is the hollow pride of a weathered knight. The tenacity of the hero who cannot leave the past behind is a pitiful sight."
- "When Justice turns its back once more, several dozen blades will rove without a purpose. In shame of failing to defend once again, and in rage against the world, the swords will eventually point at those she could not protect."
- "The knight who wanted to redeem herself by saving others was now dishonorably called the Knight of Despair; forgotten from the people's memory, just like the others."
Flavour Text Edit
- "The Knight of Despair occasionally sheds helpless tears while the work goes on, not saying anything to <name>."
- "The Knight of Despair still dwells in her past glories, just like her sisters."
- The Knight of Despair is the third of three Magical Girls, the other's being The Queen of Hatred and The King of Greed.
- The Knight of Despair is the first Abnormality to be capable of breach without the need of a Qliphoth Counter.
- The Knight of Despair's equipment had it's name changed from "A Sword Sharpened by Tears" to "A Sword Sharpened with Tears" on the March 4th 2020 English version re-translation update (ver 220.127.116.11e).