"Over time, her unbearable sorrow grew into a mournful obsession, covered in countless, lengthy hairs."
- The Lady Facing the Wall
The Lady Facing the Wall (F-01-18), known as Wall Gazer before you reach Observation Level 3, is a pale, naked woman with long, black hair that completely obscures her face. She kneels with her hands pressed against the wall and occasionally stretches her neck to inhuman lengths.
Ability[edit | edit source]
- Might decrease when getting a Normal Result.
- Very likely to decrease when getting a Bad Result.
- Performing Attachment work.
When the ability is triggered, this will cause a 'jumpscare', with a female scream and distortion of the screen, dealing moderated White Damage(18-24) to all the employees of the same department, even if they are out of the department.
Additionally, employees with Temperance Level 1 will panic at the end of work from turning back to face her, with her neck stretching to face them. At the start of the work, a 'Silent' speech bubble will appear next to her for a short moment.
Origin[edit | edit source]
The exact details of her origin are currently unknown, but it's mentioned in her last encyclopedia entry that a female subject is described with a similar behavior of the Abnormality after an interaction with her, because of knowing her name.
How and where the Abnormality was captured is still unknown, as well how she got her anomalous effects.
Details[edit | edit source]
The Lady Facing the Wall responds to the four works in order of best to worst: Attachment, Instinct, Repression, and Insight.
Beware, even when Attachment has the highest success rate(95%), it will decrease her Qliphoth Counter and might trigger her ability.
Like all Abnormalities, her energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
The Lady Facing the Wall's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-3 E Boxes will cause her to feel Distressed, completing 4-7 will cause her to feel Normal, and 8-14 will cause her to be Happy. Her usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds. Its Qliphoth Counter is 2.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level ( TETH), portrait, Damage Type ( White 2 - 3), the amount of E-Boxes (14), emotional state and their Qliphoth counter.
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "Employees with Temperance Level 1 may turn their head back after hearing The Lady Facing the Wall. If they do, they will be subject to a panic attack."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When Attachment Work was performed with The Lady Facing the Wall, the Qliphoth Counter lowered."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "When the work result was Normal, the Qliphoth Counter lowered with a normal probability."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "When the work result was Bad, the Qliphoth Counter lowered with a high probability."
- "Managerial Tips 5"
- "When The Lady Facing the Wall’s Qliphoth Counter hit 0, every employee in the department suffered WHITE damage."
Observation Level[edit | edit source]
Unlocks the E.G.O. Suit 'Screaming Wedge'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon 'Screaming Wedge'.
E.G.O. Equipment[edit | edit source]
Story[edit | edit source]
- "An Abnormality in the shape of a woman against the wall. Over time, her unbearable sorrow grew into a mournful obsession, covered in countless, lengthy hairs."
- "As she is always facing the wall, not a single person has seen her face. While she occasionally talks to herself and weeps quietly, it is impossible to have a meaningful conversation with her. Despite her human appearance, it is impossible to discern what she is really looking at or her true intentions."
- "She will attempt to talk to or pique the interest of those who are about to leave her Containment Unit. However, one should never look back in response, as it may cause mental damage. Certain rumors insist that one may turn to stone upon looking back, but this is clearly not true."
- "<Excerpt from Observation Log 1-304>
There is only one important rule to follow: Ignore her. She always tries to draw our attention. She mutters incoherently in an attempt to have those in the room pay closer attention to what she’s saying. She’ll even plead or whisper maliciously when someone is about to leave in the hopes that they may instinctively look back. The subconscious is a threat to your own health in her presence; it is important to have your guard up and to be aware of what is occurring when you are in the room with her. If you forget the warnings for even a second and let your guard down, you may find yourself looking back towards here. I have another warning to leave to all who read this: Do not let this insidious Abnormality learn your name. If she learns your name, she may use it to trick you into turning around. No matter what you hear or what she may do to tempt you while you are in the room with her, DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT under any circumstance look at her. Curiosity is a luxury you must NEVER indulge in when you are in her Containment Unit."
- "<Excerpt from Counseling Log #9-39>
Employee F5004: <Redacted> was a colleague of mine for whom I cared deeply. Well, I cared for all my coworkers, but <Redacted> was different. The amount of passion they poured into their work was something I have rarely witnessed in life. Anyways, I have no idea how she, that Abnormality, learned <Redacted>’s name. Maybe someone called it out to them while they were inside the Containment Unit and she heard it. We should have sent two in for work with her. The common procedure was to have a team of two sent into the Containment Unit, but as you know, we’re always shorthanded. Besides, that Abnormality was low on the threat scale. If we followed the procedure and sent two inside, the powers that be would not have been happy about it one bit. (Omitted)
- Well, you know the rest. The day the incident happened, <Redacted> was sent to the Containment Unit as usual, but they didn’t come out for a long time. I know <Redacted> was a prompt and diligent worker, so I headed straight for the Containment Unit fearing the worst. Thankfully, I found them without even a scratch, but the kid looked out of it. Like, way out of it. (Omitted)
- The next day, the kid was resigned. I heard they sent ‘em to an asylum, but no one ever saw <Redacted> again. The kid just kept staring at the wall, murmuring and not responding to anyone. That was the very last time I saw <Redacted>. No one knows what happened inside the Containment Unit. You won’t find it out from the kid either."
Flavour Text[edit | edit source]
- "Not much is known about The Lady Facing the Wall, except that she faces the wall."
- "No one has ever seen The Lady Facing the Wall’s face. This doesn’t mean that anybody actually wants to see her face, though."
- "After listening to The Lady Facing the Wall’s murmuring, one can assume that she is longing for someone."
- "It’s best to simply let her stay attached to the wall."
- "One can only hope that <name> remembered to bring earplugs."
- "The Lady Facing the Wall always keeps herself in the same pose. If it weren’t for her babbling, one may well believe her to be a statue."
- "<name> seems okay working around The Lady Facing the Wall. It’s likely because she stays still as if she’s pinned to the wall whenever anyone enters the Containment Unit."
- "The wall near The Lady Facing the Wall is covered in mold, but no one cares to do anything about it."
- "As <name> works, The Lady Facing the Wall lets out incomprehensible mumbles."
- "While <name> is working, the Containment Unit is completely silent. The Lady Facing the Wall breaks that silence by whispering frantically."
- "The Lady Facing the Wall doesn’t even twitch, however, it seems she can feel the presence of <name> in the Containment Unit. "
- "Even though The Lady Facing the Wall hasn’t moved an inch, <name> still finds her unnerving."
- "Her words are faint and muffled."
- "Her whispering seems to be getting louder."
- "It almost seems like someone could understand what she’s saying if only they were to concentrate a bit harder, but of course, nobody dares to do so."
- "As always, her muffled whispers are incomprehensible and ignored by all."
- "<name> tries to concentrate on the task at hand."
- "<name> knows that ignoring The Lady Facing the Wall is the best choice."
- "<name> does not respond to anything The Lady Facing the Wall says; they even pretend to be deaf."
- "<name> hurries to finish up their task to leave the room as soon as possible."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Her ability "Orpheus" (see Legacy version) is a reference to a Greek mythological character of the same name. The story is about him and his wife, Eurydice, who died from stepping on a viper while trying to escape Aristaeus. Driven by grief, he sought council with Hades himself. Orpheus was a talented musician and his music charmed Hades (and Persephone in some renditions). Moved by his song, Hades made a deal with Orpheus which allowed him to retrieve his wife on one condition: He couldn't look back at her until they exited the Underworld. However, before they reached the Upperworld, his anxiety overtook him and he looked back at her. He lost her once again, eventually he himself being killed on Dionysus's orders to join her in the underworld.
- In this case, The Lady Facing the Wall will bring consequences to everyone who looks back to her.
- In one of her entries, it is also mentioned that those who look back at her might turn into stone, which might be a reference to a Greek mythological creature, the Gorgon.
- She is similar to the Onryo from Japanese legends, due to her long black hair. She is also similar to a Rokurokubi, also a Japanese legend, due to her neck stretching.
- In May 2020, during the English Retranslation Update (ver 18.104.22.168e), the Lady Facing the Wall had gotten a complete name change while "Wall Gazer" became her first observation name.