"From break and ruin, the most beautiful performance begins."
- The Silent Orchestra
The Silent Orchestra (T-01-31) is an Abnormality in the form of a group of white humanoids, with parts of them composed by musical notation such as eighth notes and various clefs. The conductor, which is the only one in the containment room, is similar to a limbless mannequin. It is held up by a pole stabilized by a base, is dressed like the conductor of an Orchestra, and has eighth note patterns on its head. It possesses hands, however they only appear when performing its Ability and in its Encyclopedia Picture. The Silent Orchestra in itself is actually the entire ensemble, and the other members of The Silent Orchestra only appear when the conductor is performing its ability during an escape.
Silent Orchestra's ability will trigger when its Qliphoth Counter reach 0. When it gets a Good or Bad result, it will decrease its counter by 1. When its counter is depleted, it will start its breach and curtains will cover their Containment Unit after a period of time and then a second pair of curtains will cover the screen of the player for a short amount of time. When the curtains are opened, The Silent Orchestra's conductor will have warped to the Main Room of its Department to perform a song. It will reveal two hands, one holding a baton, and begin to conduct the accompanying ensemble.
The entity possess 2000 HP and the Symphony is composed by 4 movements and a Finale. As the song progress, notes will start to expand and more of the symphony's parts will appear seated near the conductor. The Silent Orchestra's defenses will vary during the movements, changing the melodies, gaining immunity to all Type of Damage except one, and dealing high White Damage (30-40) to the nearby employees, increasing the area of effect as it progress. The further the employee is from the Silent Orchestra's first ring, the less damage they will take in its area of effect. For Example someone inside of the 1st ring will take the full damage, but someone standing in the elevator inside the 3rd ring will take ~0.33 (1/3) of the damage. During breach, the player can't change the speed of the game and only the pause feature works. These are the vulnerabilities during the mentioned movements, while being immune to the other damages:
- During the beginning and first movement, it will be vulnerable to Pale Damage. The damage area is limited to the room.
- During the second movement, it will be vulnerable to Black Damage. The damage area is extended to the nearby rooms and hallways.
- During the third movement, it will be vulnerable to White Damage. The minimum and maximum damage will be increased by +10 White Damage. The high pitch noise in this movement may bother the player.
- During the fourth movement, it will be vulnerable to Red Damage. The damage area is expanded to the whole department.
- During the Finale, The Silent Orchestra is immune to All Damage.
For each of the first 4 movements, at the start of each one, a performer will appear. In the Finale, the entire band rises in a stand and when about to end the song, the notes will expand quickly with a loud sound and all the employees under half of their Max SP will die, with their heads exploding. At the end of the symphony, The Silent Orchestra will return to it's containment room with the sound of applause in the background. Also at the beginning of fourth movement all Energy which was gathered during the day will be depleted.
Its origin is currently unknown, but is known that it was a previous conductor of the corporation, mentioned in its Last Observation dialogue (Legacy).
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
The Silent Orchestra's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good Completing 0-12 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 13-18 will cause it to feel Normal, and 19-30 will make its mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds. Its Qliphoth Counter is 2.
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level ( ALEPH), portrait, Damage Type ( White 7 - 9), the amount of E-Boxes (30), their emotional state and its Qliphoth Counter.
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "When the work result was Good, the Qliphoth Counter lowered."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When the work result was Bad, the Qliphoth Counter lowered."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "The music that is played by The Silent Orchestra when it escapes consists of 4 Movements. As the piece progresses, the employees listening will suffer WHITE damage, meanwhile the size of the audible area of the music expands."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "For each Movement, the weakness of The Silent Orchestra changed. The 1st Movement was Pale, while the 2nd Movement was Black. For the 3rd Movement it was White, and lastly, during the 4th Movement, only Red type attacks were effective. When the music reached the climax, The Silent Orchestra became immune to all forms of attack."
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon, Suit and Gift 'Da Capo'.
"An abnormality that loves art and tries to get the entire company to listen to its music.
<Excerpt from an Encyclopedia>
The conductor not only corrects musical errors, but is also responsible for creating the best ensemble and taking command of the music. A conductor's skill can be determined within 5 minutes at the podium. The moment the conductor opens the score, the performers read the conductor's eyes, actions, and aura to see if the person is worthy to lead them. Without the understanding and harmony between them, the macroscopic significance contained in the score cannot be expressed. Therefore, an outstanding degree of influence, leadership, and eloquence are essential qualities for a conductor to have...(Omitted)"
"<1st Movement: Calm and Slow(Adagio)>
The conductor begins to direct the apocalypse."
"<Movements 2: Cheerful and Fast(Sostenuto)>
Employees start to forget everything and show fervent adoration toward the symphony. The emotion soon turns into internal insanity, driving them to attack anyone near them. "
"<Movements 3: Accelerando>
The orchestra gives impetus to the music, bringing the entire department to its demise."
"<Movements 4: Stringendo>
When all the performers have gathered, the music that no one can hear but everyone can listen to begins."
"<Finale: Con Fuoco, Ma Non Troppo>
The music shall perforate your entire being."
- "The conductor of The Silent Orchestra is awaiting the musicians."
- "The conductor of The Silent Orchestra is usually quiet. The Containment Unit is also still."
- "A conductor is a magician that brings forth life; a shaman who evokes spirits."
- "From break and ruin, the most beautiful performance begins."
- "The Silent Orchestra prepares the music of the apocalypse."
- "It is without a doubt that The Silent Orchestra is the best ensemble in the company."
- "The Silent Orchestra’s sensational performance shall mesmerize everyone."
- "Musicians live for the audience’s applause at the finale."
- "The life of a performer begins and ends with the audience’s clapping."
- "A standing ovation is the most honorable gift the audience can bestow upon the conductor."
- "<name>, who may soon become part of the audience for The Silent Orchestra, has almost finished the work process."
- "<name> handles the task with The Silent Orchestra without any trouble."
- This is one of the few Abnormalities that is composed of a group of entities instead of a single creature, along with Opened Can of Wellcheers, Rudolta, and arguably Queen Bee.
- The Silent Orchestra, when performing, won't let you change speed of the game. This Abnormality, Apocalypse Bird and WhiteNight are the only ones to disable a setting of the game temporally, without counting the Sephirah Meltdowns.
- The Silent Orchestra will not reduce the energy quota on Day 50.