"The snow is steadily melting... Perhaps because spring is coming, or it might be the palace collapsing."
- The Snow Queen
The Snow Queen (F-01-37) is a humanoid Abnormality, taking the appearance of a woman whose skin appears to be frozen or cold, with a disembodied head, with a long and ornamented crown of blue and white plates, with a snowflake pattern adorning the center, along with a pair of black or darkly shaded antlers. She doesn't have a neck. She is wearing a long white robe with a dark dress. She has large icicle shoulder pads, resembling the shape of snowflakes. With her gray hands, she is holding an upside down sword of a light blue blade, with a gray handle and a blue gem.
Her containment room is constantly snowing from the ceiling, with the floor covered with a low white mist. There is a sound of the cold wind in a snowstorm.
Ability[edit | edit source]
The ability of The Snow Queen might trigger when getting a Normal result or very likely to happen when getting a Bad result. When the condition is met, The Snow Queen will hit the ground with the tip of her sword, throwing a piece of glass to the employee's torso. The glass shard will disappear at the end of the day.
If an employee with a glass shard triggers her ability again, she will freeze the employee in a block of ice, putting it 'Out of Control'. The next work will be a duel against The Snow Queen and the employee assigned to work with her will be the duelist. The Duel's success is dependent on the agents Fortitude level. With high levels of Fortitude, they will have a higher chances of winning (level 1 = 10%; level 2 = 30%; level 3 = 50%; level 4 = 80%; level 5 = 100%). When the employee enters the containment room, the combat will start. After some time, the duel will end with a sword being taking off by the other. Depending of who is the winner, determined by a celebration or dark music, one of the next results will occur:
- If the Employee wins: The rescuer and the frozen employee are released, going out of the containment room without any other troubles. Both employees will get a frozen mark near their face, neck and body, which will increase their Fortitude/ Max HP and Prudence/ Max SP by 6 points (Acts as an E.G.O. Gift in the Cheek slot. Can be replaced by other Cheek slot E.G.O. Gift if is not locked).
- If The Snow Queen wins: Both the rescuer and frozen employee are killed by her.
If the day ends without rescuing the frozen employee, they will die.
Origin[edit | edit source]
It is assumed that the story follows the same or similar events from the original tale: The Snow Queen.
The story starts with Kai and Gerda. When a fairy broke a magic mirror, causing the pieces of the mirror to be scattered into everyone's hearts, Kai saw things that he didn't need or want to see. He then left the village he stayed in his entire life. During a blizzard, he met the Snow Queen. From his wanting to know the world more than what he already knew, he was lead to her Snow Palace, where she froze his heart so he wouldn't feel the cold.
Gerda, the girl who hadn't gotten a shard of the mirror in her heart, went after Kai to rescue him from the Snow Queen. After suffering through an "agonizing" journey, she reached the palace and rescued Kai. The warmth from the season shifting to Spring started melting the palace. The mirror shard in Kai's heart was melted by the heat as well. They left where the palace once was, leaving The Snow Queen all alone.
|Story Mode Spoilers!|
|The final encyclopedia is referenced to A, finding someone of importance for him, dead. Carmen was found in a bathtub with her wrist cut off, and then they put her into a cryo coffin.
Later, A decided to 'revive' her into Angela, that he once detests but now needs it, later realizing soon after that said action was a mistake.
Details[edit | edit source]
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
The Snow Queen's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-7 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 8-13 will cause it to feel Normal, and 14-18 will make it's mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "When the work result was Normal, the employee was kissed by The Snow Queen with a normal probability."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When the work result was Bad, the employee was kissed by The Snow Queen with a high probability."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "The employee who received The Snow Queen’s second kiss forgot everything and was trapped inside the Containment Unit."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "To avoid The Snow Queen’s deadly third kiss, and to rescue the trapped employee, a duel with The Snow Queen must be commenced."
- "Managerial Tips 5"
- "Only those with a high Fortitude will be able to rescue the employee. Let’s make sure to rescue them before the day is over."
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not. "Non Escaped Object"
Observation Level[edit | edit source]
Unlocks the E.G.O. Suit 'Frost Splinter'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon 'Frost Splinter'.
Its E.G.O. Gift is only obtainable by winning a duel against the Abnormality.
E.G.O. Equipment[edit | edit source]
Story[edit | edit source]
- "A queen lives alone in the frosty winter forest."
- "Like how every story starts, Kai was a child with a kind heart. When the shards of a mirror made by an evil fairy were scattered on everyone's heart, Kai began to see things he didn't want to see, or need to see.
- He left the small village he grew up in. In an unforgiving blizzard, Kai met the Snow Queen. He became curious of the world beyond his knowledge. He felt as though everything he knew amounted to so little."
- "The Snow Palace he reached was so cold, but the Snow Queen's kiss froze his heart, and he couldn't feel the cold anymore. There was no joy in the palace, only the long winter night. Gerda was strong enough to remain unpierced by the mirror, and brave enough to go on a journey to rescue Kai. So she set off towards the Snow Palace.
- The journey was agonizing. Gerda was hurt and pained, sometimes she cried. However, eventually, Gerda met Kai. Spring arrived with blossoming roses. Its warmth melted the Snow Queen's palace, and the piece of mirror in Kai's heart evaporated without a trace. Then, left all alone, the Snow Queen... (Omitted)"
- "I remember the day we put her in the cryo-coffin with our own hands. At some point, her joyous laughter was gone. She just cycled through laughing and crying, and eventually she was found in a bathtub soaked in red with her wrists cut.
- We did not believe in death. I will have her reconstructed from the "machines" I have detested for my entire life, but have become the only answer. She would have been disgusted by me for this, dying in that bathtub. However, we were too far down the road filled with remorse and regret to feel any sort of guilt.
One day, "it" spoke to me.
'I remember you. You were a kindhearted person.'
The moment I heard it, I was seized by the urge to destroy what I had created with my own hands."
Flavour Text[edit | edit source]
- "The Snow Queen’s Containment Unit is storming with a frosty blizzard."
- "The Snow Queen’s Containment Unit glims with ice and frost."
- "Kai would have been gifted with the world if he had failed to complete the sculpture of “eternity” with splinters of ice."
- "The Snow Queen’s palace is cold and lonesome. <name> wants to leave this place as soon as they can."
About to duel with The Snow Queen[edit | edit source]
- "As long as Kai is trapped in the Snow Palace, Gerda will eventually have to engage in the inevitable duel with The Snow Queen."
Dueling with The Snow Queen[edit | edit source]
- "Gerda was brave and stronger than anyone else, she’ll fight for Kai, who’s trapped in the Snow Palace."
Winning the duel[edit | edit source]
- "Spring arrived with blossoming roses. Gerda and Kai held hands, and they walked home."
Losing the duel[edit | edit source]
- "Gerda and Kai couldn’t defeat The Snow Queen. They became shards of ice in her hands and shall never leave the Snow Palace."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This Abnormality is based off of "The Snow Queen" by Hans Christian Anderson
- The Agent who will challenge The Snow Queen will always wield a sword instead their usual equipment to fight her.
- If an Agent enters to her containment while wearing The Firebird's E.G.O. Suit, the employee will be instantly killed upon entering.
- Her appearance was changed in June, before the official release. Formerly, she took the appearance as a pale woman of long, light blue to mint colored hair, wearing a long blue dress, a tiara, icicles for shoulder coverings, and a short blue shirt.
- The Snow Queen and Bloodbath reference Carmen and A's backstory, the latter referencing Carmen's death via suicide and the former referencing Carmen's body being put in a cryo-coffin, as well as her subsequent rebirth into Angela.