"It's a good day! Are you still shy today?"
- Today's Shy Look's Entry
Today's Shy Look (O-01-92) is an Abnormality taking the form of a humanoid person of brown clothing or robes and skinless legs. Blood can be seen dripping from below. The person stands behind a mounted 'net' of skin, with two poles at the side supporting it. The cover of skin is wide, with blood around the borders and 5 faces of different expressions, from happiness to anger, at the front, with the person standing behind it changing position to take the spot behind the faces.
Today's Shy Look can alter its assigned employee's Work Success chance and damage resistance, and may even heal them. Its mechanics come from the 5 different faces they hide behind. Depending on which face it wears while it's being worked on, the assigned agent will receive different effects.
The Five Faces (Employee Alteration/Beneficial Ability)
Roughly every 4 seconds, Today's Shy Look will shift from face to face, shaking slightly whenever it's about to do so. While being worked on, Today's Shy Look will keep wearing its current face.
Today's Shy Look possesses 5 faces, each of them affecting the work in a different way. The faces, from left to right, are:
- 'Smiling' face: The Work Success is greatly increased by +30%, damage dealt is halved (x0.5). After getting a PE-Box, the employee will recover 20% of both their max HP and SP.
- 'Happy' face: The Work Success is increased by +10% and after getting a PE-Box, the employee will recover 20% of their max SP.
- 'Neutral' face: No effects.
- 'Sad' face: The Work Success is greatly decreased by -30% and damage dealt by the Abnormality is multiplied by 1.5
- 'Angry' face: The Work Success is majorly decreased by -50% and damage dealt by the Abnormality is doubled (x2).
It is possible that the person behind the cover of skin used to be very sad and shy, but the residents of the City they lived in didn't approve of this and would constantly force Today's Shy Look to express themself and be 'happy'. One day, Today's Shy Look snapped, flaying their skin off and leaving it to dry, like how they dried their laundry long ago, and carving 5 different faces on it so they can finally express themself, pleasing the people around them. When asked about why they did so, they would only respond with "I was just shy...".
How they arrived into the facility is unknown, but probably was extracted from the City mentioned in their story.
Like all Abnormalities, their energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Today's Shy Look's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-6 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 7-9 will cause it to feel Normal, and 10-12 will make it's mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "This Abnormality changes their facial expression at certain intervals. However, when faced with another person, their changes halt."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "From smiles to anger, they have 5 levels of facial expression dubbed Faces 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "No special circumstances came from Face 3. Face 2 showed an increased success rate and the employee healed SP when work was successfully completed."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "Face 4 showed 150% damage dealt during work, and the success rate declined."
- "Managerial Tips 5"
- "Face 5 showed 200% damage dealt during work, and the success rate drastically declined."
- "Managerial Tips 6"
- "Face 1 showed 50% damage dealt during work, and the success rate increased. In addition, each time work was successful, the employee’s HP and SP recovered."
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not. "Non Escaped Object"
Unlocks the E.G.O. Gift 'Today's Expression'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon 'Today's Expression'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Suit 'Today's Expression'.
- "It's a good day! Are you still shy today?"
- "One sunny day, when they were sincerely drying the laundry in the yard, sadness struck suddenly.
“In our city, sacrifices for corporates must be highly praised. Honor for their deaths. No reason for you to cry either. Rather, you should be glad.”
“What's with that look on your face? That kind of facial expression isn't recommended in our city.”
“Goodness, why are you making such a face? You're making others feel gloomy too. Please be more considerate, you don't live in this world alone after all.”
“You are very poor at expressing your emotions. You must be quite shy.”
“Hey, try to look more pleased, that way those living in the Outskirts will be more envious of us.”
“Put a bigger smile on your face! It's not that hard.”
“Next time, try to express yourself more clearly, it's very important to express oneself in this society.”
One sunny day, just like that day they sincerely dried the laundry, they dried their own skin."
- "Everyone was finally satisfied when they showed a bright smile. If they met people who asked what was wrong, they would respond: “I'm just shy, that's all. Just shy...”"
- "If one tries to look at the face behind the skin, the result will not be pretty. The space behind their skin is the only personal space they have left. Leaving it uninvaded is the last bit of generosity the City can offer."
- "There’s no sunlight to be found inside this facility, yet Today's Shy Look delicately dries their own skin."
- "The City encouraged Today's Shy Look to keep smiling, but they who were too shy to reveal themself instead chose to..."
- This is the first Abnormality to be able to change to different states while not being worked on, even when employees don't interact with it.
- Its E.G.O. Weapon doesn't possess any description. If this intentional or was left unfinished, is unknown.
- Today's Shy Look bears mild resemblance and a slightly similar name to the Shy Guys from the Super Mario Bros. series. However, this is likely a concidence.