"Please, eat my dreams."
- Void Dream's Entry
Void Dream (T-02-99) is a floating sheep-like Abnormality. It possess a body with white fluffy fur and two eyes on it, one of green and other of purple color; a head of violet color, having 2 horns at each side in a spiral formation, along ears, a small pink nose and eyes that are always closed; has small legs below its body and a thin long tail.
Ability[edit | edit source]
If an employee with Temperance Level 1 enters to its containment to work, at the end of the work, the employee will fall asleep on a cloud that appears from thin air and serves as a bed, and will never wake up, considered 'Dead'.
When its Qliphoth Counter is depleted, the Abnormality will breach. It has a slow Movement Speed, low HP at 250 and doesn't attack directly. At different intervals of time, the Void Dream will shout around 4 sparkling balls of light at random directions, that will go through the facility, moving forward. If the lights hit an employee, the light will be consumed and the employee will fall asleep on a cloud, in their current position. Sleeping employees cannot move, react or be ordered to work or move. However, they can be wake up in this state by clicking on them several times or by receiving damage. Void Dream will return to its containment after some time has passed. Employees will not attack it when seeing it.
If Void Dream receives damage, it will transform into a rooster creature, with the main body having still the previous form, with the eyes of the head open, showing pitch black eyes. Along that, the rooster will possess two legs with hooves and will start to walk instead of floating. It will roam the facility, often trying to reach any sleeping employees in the facility, and in different intervals of time, it will emit a scream that will deal minor White Damage to all the employees in the room, but will also wake up any sleeping employees. Employees woke up by this call will instantly panic. In this form, the Abnormality will continue to roam the facility and must be suppressed to return it back to its containment or by ending the day.
Origin[edit | edit source]
Part of its origin is currently unknown.
Details[edit | edit source]
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Void Dream's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-6 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 7-8 will cause it to feel Normal, and 9-14 will make it be Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds and its Qliphoth Counter is 2.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level ( TETH), portrait, Damage Type ( Black 1 - 3), the amount of E-Boxes (14), their emotional state and Qliphoth Counter.
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "Any employee with Temperance under Level 2 will fall asleep after working on the Abnormality, never to reawaken."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When the work result was Bad, the Qliphoth Counter decreased."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "When Void Dream escaped, its light put every employee who came into contact with it asleep. They woke up when the manager shook them."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "Void Dream eventually returned to its Containment Unit of its own volition."
- "Managerial Tips 5"
- "<WARNING> Attempts to suppress the Abnormality will provoke it, transforming into an extremely hostile entity. (This second form is designated as Void Dream-1)."
- "Managerial Tips 6"
- "Void Dream-1 occasionally crowed, dealing WHITE damage to an entire department. Employees who were asleep due to the Abnormality’s light awoke and panicked after hearing Void Dream-1’s sound."
|Work||Level 1 Chance||Level 2 Chance||Level 3 Chance||Level 4 Chance||Level 5 Chance|
Observation Level[edit | edit source]
Unlocks an E.G.O. Gift 'Engulfing Dream'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon and Suit 'Engulfing Dream'.
E.G.O. Equipment[edit | edit source]
Story[edit | edit source]
- " 'I wished to sleep eternally.'
'So don’t bother trying to wake me up again.' "
- "An Abnormality whose form sports a goat’s fur and horns. It is not unique in regards to its appearance with the exception of several colorful eyes embedded upon its body. Gaining information about this Abnormality is expected to be difficult due to its ceaseless slumber"
- " *The following counseling log illustrates how Void Dream’s ability to make any person slumber psychologically affects the employees. The results indicate that we cannot utilize this ability to reduce the mental corruption of our staff. Please refer to this record for further research.
- Vincent: Please, make it quick… I gotta sleep...
- Counselor: Is that because of the Abnormality?
- Vincent: Yeah, I remember seeing something that looked like a sheep pass by me, and… well, I fell asleep. Since then I’ve been like this.
- Counselor: Do you remember the dream you had back when that occurred?
- Vincent: Oh, I could never forget that dream…
- Counselor: Could you please tell me as much as you can about it?
- Vincent: It was a happy, wonderful, sweet dream. That’s all the words I need to describe it. Heck, I even felt glad to be working for this company. And I saw a guy who’s not with me anymore, he was right next to me… (Omitted)
- Counselor: I see. I’ve heard a little about you from the other employees recently. All of them say that the only thing you do outside of work hours is sleep. Could you please tell me why?
- Vincent: Don’t you understand what I’m talking about? I just want to have that dream again. That dream where I was there with him. Recalling those happy moments… But I couldn’t go back no matter how many times I slept. I slept, and slept, and slept, and slept, and slept, and yet…!
- Counselor: ... I see. I’d advise you to take some rest in your room.
- Vincent: ...They said everyone who woke up after hearing that Abnormality’s sound went mad. People think it’s because they all had a horrible nightmare they couldn’t handle, but it’s actually the other way around.The reality they had to wake up to was so terrible that the soul gave up on waking life.As you know, time flows differently in dreams. A mere instant of waking life constitutes an eternity in the dreamworld.Maybe, if Void Dream were to put me to sleep once again, then I might just have that wonderful dream anew.
- Counselor: ... I’ll prescribe you some sleep medicine. I assure you that it’ll help you sleep. Please get some rest for now.Finally, you will be prohibited from entering the Abnormality’s Containment Unit from now on."
- "A demon must change its shape to deceive others. A demon must grant sweet dreams to deceive others. A crack appears in the human mind when it is shown the dream it yearns for. A demon will never miss this chance to bring one to their doom.
Don’t say such complicated things, don’t say those scary words.
I just want to grant people sweet dreams; Grant them the enrapturing dreams they want.
Those who’ve had my dreams are destined to come back to me.
So, just close your eyes…"
- "In the dream, your smile was beaming, and we chatted with such liveliness. When I came back to waking life, I realized I was back in a world in which you no longer existed; I felt a void as big as that fleeting happiness I felt in my dream fill my heart.
- I closed my eyes and forced myself to sleep, but morning was still to come no matter what. I think that’s when my soul started to crumble. In fact, I was already broken since the day I parted with you, but I’ve only been acting fine. My soul was already shattering itself into fragments after the passing of that day. Once I saw you again, my yearning for you began to bear down too heavily, I couldn’t ever go back to my old self again.
- Counseling… Rest… All of it was useless. I spent days by myself, agonizing until I finally realized it. It lured me with an unforgettable bait. That was the price for eating away my nightmares. And then it left me with nothing but void, so I would have no choice but to return to it. Then… I have lost to it.
- I don’t want to know anything anymore.
- Please, eat my dreams"
Flavour Text[edit | edit source]
- "Void Dream is always asleep in the Containment Unit."
- "Void Dream’s dream is sublime, showing everything."
- "Void Dream grants sweet dreams to all; but in reality, this sweetness is unreachable and chips away at the hope of the dreamer."
- " “I always wanted to sleep. I just want to have a happy dream.” "
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This Abnormality along Grave of Cherry Blossoms are part of the Abnormality ideas made by the Japanese Translation team of the game.
- This abnormality is based on a Japanese Yokai, Baku, a mythological creature that eats nightmares.
- The abnormality removes all negative or nightmares from the person sleeping in the containment room, however the employee will be left with nothing but despair and the unreachable desire to obtain the sweetest dream. It is possible it represent hypnophobia, the fear of falling asleep, or Oneirophobia, the fear of dreams.