"This is a forest full of hearts. No matter how many he cuts down, the forest still remains dense."
- Warm-Hearted Woodsman's Entry
Warm-Hearted Woodsman (F-05-32) is a large mechanical humanoid entity made of metal with some parts covered in moss. It possesses a head similar to a knight's helmet, has an empty open cavity covered in blood, and is always holding a large gray axe with one of its hands.
Ability[edit | edit source]
Unlike other Abnormalities, it will not breach once the counter reaches 0. The next employee who enters its containment room will be killed by the Abnormality. It will then shove the corpse of the employee into its chest, creating a heart-like organ in it. Afterwards, it will breach.
When breaching, the Abnormality has slow Movement Speed and average HP at 430. It will use melee attacks that deal average Red Damage with a normal Attack Speed. Sometimes, it will charge its axe to deal several Red Damage hits to the same target in quick succession, with the final attack slamming the axe on the target and dealing high Red Damage. If it walks on a corpse of an employee, it will pick up the remains and add them to its 'heart,' healing itself for 25 to 35 HP. It will continue breaching until the day ends or it is suppressed.
Origin[edit | edit source]
The Warm-Hearted Woodsman took the role of the Tin Man, called the Tin Woodsman, of the story of The Wizard of Oz, along with the other characters: Dorothy, the Scarecrow and the Cowardly Lion. Due to them being incomplete, they embarked into a journey together to find the wizard and make their wishes true.
When they found the wizard, the rest of characters received what they wanted, with some satisfaction, except for the Tin Woodsman, who received a 'worthless' lead heart. Trying to convince it that its wish came true, the wizard said that it is only a machine and that hearts are for humans. The lead heart was too hard and cold for the Woodsman. It became sad that it could not see its friends.
The Woodsman disagreed with the wizard's decision, swinging its axe towards the wizard's chest and revealing his heart beating vigorously. The Tin Woodsman placed the lead heart in the wizard's chest, feeling for the first time pleasure about this sight.
Following the events, the Woodsman started to cut down people instead of trees, taking out their hearts and adding them to its own in the open cavity in its chest.
At some point, the Woodsman ended up captured by the Corporation. The other members of the Wizard of Oz group were captured as well. While the Scarecrow and Tin Man are the only ones seen ingame, in episode 10 of the comic WonderLab, we see the two remaining abnormalities, the Lion (Scaredy Cat) and Dorothy (The Road Home), as well as confirmation of their relation.
Details[edit | edit source]
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Warm-Hearted Woodsman's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-8 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 9-14 will cause it to feel Normal, and 15-18 will make its mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds. Its Qliphoth Counter is 1.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level ( HE), portrait, Damage Type ( White 3 - 5), the amount of E-Boxes (18), their emotional state and Qliphoth Counter (1).
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "When the work result was Bad, the Qliphoth Counter lowered."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When an employee with Temperance Level 3 or higher completed their work, the Qliphoth Counter lowered."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "When an employee enters the unit while the Counter is at 0, they will immediately die. Then, the Abnormality will escape."
Observation Level[edit | edit source]
Unlocks the E.G.O. Gift 'Logging'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Suit 'Logging'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon 'Logging'.
E.G.O. Equipment[edit | edit source]
Story[edit | edit source]
- "A mechanical Abnormality whose humanoid body is composed entirely of galvanized steel. It holds a giant axe with both hands, but does not show any activity, as if it's unable to move."
- "The friends were imperfect in one way or another, so they helped each other to fill what they were lacking and embarked on a journey to make their wishes come true. The Scarecrow wanted a brain, the Tin Woodsman wanted a heart, the Cowardly Lion wanted courage, and Dorothy wanted to return home. The one they thought to be the great wizard instead gave the Woodsman a lead heart."
- " “But you're a machine, that means you were built to serve humans. Don't you understand? Machines don't need a heart. Good job making it all the way here though, take this as compensation. Be sure to tell everyone waiting for you that your wish definitely came true.”
- Some left with satisfaction. The friends departed and were never to be seen again. The hard, cold lead was depressing. "
- "The Tin Woodsman couldn't agree with this. In anger, he swung his axe through the wizard's heart. The warm heart was pulsing vigorously. He shoved the lead into the wizard's now empty chest. For the first time in his life, the Woodsman started laughing at the sight and felt a pleasure he'd never had before. Grabbing a chunk of mushy hearts, he shoves it into his "chest". There will never be enough hearts.
- Once a Woodsman, he now fells people instead of trees. This is a forest full of hearts. No matter how many he cuts down, the forest still remains dense. A kind person would carry a warmer heart.."
- "When the heart is lost, the Woodsman will fall to his knees in sorrow, clutching his empty chest. As if begging for the only thing he has left not to be taken."
Flavour Text[edit | edit source]
- "There is no need for <name> to be afraid of Warm-Hearted Woodsman as long as they are a cold person."
- "Warm-Hearted Woodsman collects hearts. It thought that if its heart started beating, it would be able to love."
- "Things that may have once been hearts are now shoved into Warm-Hearted Woodsman indiscriminately."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Abnormality is based on the novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, specifically, he's based on the Tin Woodsman.
- In the Official Lobotomy Corporation comic, Wonderlab. The Warm-Hearted Woodsman is one of a set of four Abnormalities. The others include Scarecrow Searching for Wisdom, Scaredy Cat and The Road Home.