"Now you become the sky, and I the land."
- Yin's Entry
Yin (O-05-102) is an Abnormality, taking the appearance of a black half of a pendant, holding a rope on its bottom and having a white dot on its spherical part.
Its counterpart is Yang, the light half of the complete pendant.
Ability[edit | edit source]
- When getting a Bad result.
- When Yang is worn for 30 seconds or more.
Upon choosing Yin, you will only be able to choose Yang on the Abnormality selection screen the next day.
When its Qliphoth Counter is depleted, Yin will breach, taking the appearance of a dark brown fish-like creature, with a single orange eye at the front, along with a rope around its body. It possesses 800 HP and average Movement Speed. When employees or other entities are nearby, it will absorb melee attacks and let out a dark wave that deals Black Damage to the targets around itself. The damage is proportional to the amount of melee damage it absorbs. This effect can go through walls. If an employee or group of employees are trying to attack the Abnormality, Yin will stop on its spot to prepare a marked zone, shooting a harmless brown laser from its eye to the floor in front itself to the end of the room. After some moments, the marked zone will erupt in a brown impact effect, that will deal great Black Damage to all the entities in the marked zone.
If Yang is in the facility when Yin breaches, it will breach as well, with Yin trying to search for it. Yin will turn into its pendant form for a while after its HP is depleted, unable to be attacked, and will transform back into its fish form, back with full HP. It will continue to 'revive' until Yang is suppressed too.
Upon meeting with Yang, touching each other, they will unite and form the Yin Yang symbol. Soon after, a gigantic 'eastern dragon'-like creature will appear from the top of the facility, moving across it at high speed, towards the location of the symbol. It will reverse the percentage of all the entities' HP (and SP as well if the entity is an employee) on its way, in form of Black Damage, and will reverse Qliphoth Counters of all the Abnormalities in its way too. Soon after, both Abnormalities will return to their containment units. If an employee is wearing Yang and enters the containment unit of Yin, this effect will occur immediately and will also kill the wearer.
It is important to note that the combined ability of Yin and Yang will not work on the following Abnormalities once breached:
The abnormalities that come with WhiteNight and Apocalypse Bird (Apostles and the Eggs) will still be effected by the combined ability of Yin and Yang.
Origin[edit | edit source]
The origin of Yin started with their story, along with its counterpart, Yang, speaking of how their effects only work because they were made to be like that, that their creator made them together and that both entities question their existence without having their other half. Sometimes called 'The Pendant of the Devil' by employees, the two fragments were intended to be together. They were initially together in their past and the story tells of how the 2 carps or fragments meet, finally uniting.
How the pendant fragments arrived in the facility are unknown.
Details[edit | edit source]
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Yin's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-8 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 9-15 will cause it to feel Normal, and 16-20 will cause it to be Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds. Its Qliphoth Counter is 2.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "When the work result was Bad, the Qliphoth Counter decreased."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "The Qliphoth Counter decreased when an employee wore O-07-103 for more than 30 seconds."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "If Yin escapes, prevent any contact between it and O-07-103."
Observation Level[edit | edit source]
Unlocks the E.G.O. Suit and Gift 'Discord'.
Unlocks the E.G.O. Weapon 'Discord'.
E.G.O. Equipment[edit | edit source]
Story[edit | edit source]
- "The black pendant is darker than any other shade of black, the most obscure of all the forms of darkness in the world.
- Employees should not touch or possess the pendant. Merely looking at it makes one feel as if darkness is creeping into their heart. It seems that this pendant originally made up a circle; however, it is now separated from its other half."
- "Many employees called it “The Devil’s Pendant.” Some say just looking at it will fill up your mind with negativity. Employees dislike being anywhere near the thing. After all, it was the polar opposite of its other half.
- Many would let out similar complaints that all ended with the same remark: “We wish it was only the white one.” Its surroundings erode; those who come near it suffer. This wasn’t the result of the pendant’s own volition; those things only happened because of the aura it exudes.
- Then it must wonder:
- “Why do I exist?”
- “If my very existence corrodes my surroundings, and brings suffering and darkness to whoever interacts with me, maybe I shouldn’t have been born at all, just like they say.”
- “Maybe my creator only wanted to make the white pendant, and I’m just an unintentional accident.”
- If so, how can such an impure being disappear from this world?"
- "One day, the black pendant heard a call:
- “Now the day has come. It is time for us to reunite.”
- The black pendant left the place it thought it would never leave. It found itself swimming away.
- Everything it passed turned to ruin. Destruction was but an instinct. It wasn’t something that could be stopped, nor could it be hidden. It could see the white pendant, no, it could see the part of itself that it hadn’t seen for a long, long time.
- The two opposites were swimming towards each other. For the first time ever, the black pendant felt meaning in its existence.
- “We used to be one. I am, and thus you are. You are, and thus I am.
- We were originally together; it was a fruitless deed to divide us.
- Now you become the sky, and I the land.”."
- "An employee who had a face colored with cheerful eyes began to grimace at their sudden burst of sadness. An employee who was quietly crying from having their heart broken dried their tears. An employee who was dragging along their broken leg stood up straight as if they always could. An employee who was on their way to the lounge suddenly fainted, bleeding from every place imaginable.
- As the end circles back to the beginning, those who held hope are met with despair, and those who held despair are met with hope.
- At the end of the beginning, the dragon which now became a great avatar soared through the sky."
Flavour Text[edit | edit source]
- "Please ensure these two pendants are contained in separate rooms."
- "Yin brings chaos to the world, yet also erases such chaos."
- "The world will be overturned the day the black carp and white carp meet."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Yin is based from one of the halves of the 'Yin and Yang' from the Chinese philosophy, of how seemingly opposite or contrary forces may actually be complementary, interconnected, and interdependent in the natural world, and how they may give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another.
- Yin and Yang are Abnormalities contributed by the Chinese Translation Team of the game, as well the second Abnormalities to have counterparts, the first ones being Little Red and Big Bad Wolf.